Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 09:33 PM

852 posts, read 1,368,170 times

Advertisements

Today God put this in my heart.
If I loved everyone....I would want everyone to know...
I would not be afraid of ridicule..
I would not be afraid of what man can do or say when they don't agree...
I would simply tell them...
Believe John 3:16...
Don't only say it....believe it with all your heart...for God knows our hearts.
God also put in my heart that by not sharing this at every single opportunity that I have, I am simply saying that I hate those that I do not take the time for....for they cannot be saved without believing.

Last edited by *sherry*; 06-28-2009 at 09:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 10:04 PM

142 posts, read 280,257 times
I found out this afternoon, someone mad at me verbally attacked a friend of mine. This friend was so upset. My first thought was that the attacker was a dead woman. Anger flared up and for a hour or so I was upset too. Then I heard in my head, invite her to church, sit with her and pray tomorrow, tell her what I've learned so far about God. Just like that my anger was gone. My fear for my friend was eased. I'm looking forward to seeing this girl and showing her what God has worked in me. Before God I would have made things worse and the fight would be on. He showed me this is my chance to love Him by showing her love.
A second thing to be grateful for is that I stopped to offer a ride to someone this morning, I pulled away slow and hadn't gotten my foot down very far when I went around a curve and there was a cop there waiting for people speeding around that downhill curve. Had I not stopped to offer help, I would have passed that officer with my leadfoot engaged fully. I whispered a thank you prayer to God as I passed the patrol car.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:19 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,294,796 times
For restoring my soul today and breathing new life into me
In spite of my enemies, Isaiah 54, said "indeed they shall surely assemble, but not because of me, whoeverassembles against you shall fall for your sake"............"and no weapons formed against you shall be able to prosper, and every tongue that rises against you in judgement, you shall condemn, this is the heritage of the servants
of the Lord and their righteousness is from me says the Lord"
For all of my friends in Christ Jesus of Nazareth here on CD"
I Love you guys, will be away for a short time..
See ya when I get back..
In the meantime God Bless You all and your household according to Deuteronomy 28

Old 06-29-2009, 07:20 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,294,796 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
Today God put this in my heart.
If I loved everyone....I would want everyone to know...
I would not be afraid of ridicule..
I would not be afraid of what man can do or say when they don't agree...
I would simply tell them...
Believe John 3:16...
Don't only say it....believe it with all your heart...for God knows our hearts.
God also put in my heart that by not sharing this at every single opportunity that I have, I am simply saying that I hate those that I do not take the time for....for they cannot be saved without believing.

Yea and Amen
God Be with you

Old 06-29-2009, 05:18 PM

I invited a lady to church today...and she accepted and told me that it was about time that I asked her to go with me....
This lady has worked with me for almost 3 years!....how could I have been so blind to not know that she was waiting for me to invite her!
I spend my days inviting those who come into the stores to church...I just didn't see what was right in front of me.
Thank you God for opening my eyes.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:42 PM

142 posts, read 280,257 times
We needed a source of small Bibles to give away at the store. Saturday I offered a guy ice water while he was offering Bibles to the crowd. I felt urged to ask him for some for the store. Praise God, I was referred to the local guy in charge of distribution of these Bibles in this area. He said he will bring us as many as we can give away, in both English and Spanish. I'm learning day by day the more I reach out to help someone, the greater God shows me He is.
God has shown me more of how I can help Him be known. Yesterday I created a Facebook page for my church. Now my Preacher can take God's message across the world in just a few minutes.
God has taken my shame and fear. Restored my health. Given me peace. Given me the chance to worship Him by doing for Him. I used to think all I was good for was mostly nothing. Why try? God wouldn't want me. My morals were looking kinda like Swiss cheese. I did whatever gave me pleasure. He changed my tastes and desires.I didn't recreate myself, He did. There's hope now.
He gave me hope.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamarybeth View Post
We needed a source of small Bibles to give away at the store. Saturday I offered a guy ice water while he was offering Bibles to the crowd. I felt urged to ask him for some for the store. Praise God, I was referred to the local guy in charge of distribution of these Bibles in this area. He said he will bring us as many as we can give away, in both English and Spanish. I'm learning day by day the more I reach out to help someone, the greater God shows me He is.
God has shown me more of how I can help Him be known. Yesterday I created a Facebook page for my church. Now my Preacher can take God's message across the world in just a few minutes.
God has taken my shame and fear. Restored my health. Given me peace. Given me the chance to worship Him by doing for Him. I used to think all I was good for was mostly nothing. Why try? God wouldn't want me. My morals were looking kinda like Swiss cheese. I did whatever gave me pleasure. He changed my tastes and desires.I didn't recreate myself, He did. There's hope now.
He gave me hope.
Great Great idea...
Face book page for the church! Don't know why I never thought of it!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:37 PM

224 posts, read 691,332 times
What has God done for me today? More than I could ever imagine, I bet...

Old 06-29-2009, 09:39 PM

86 posts, read 230,829 times
Woke me up this morning.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:49 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,456,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
I rarely make new threads lately...but this thought crossed my mind this morning...What has God done today?

This morning I woke up...This morning my daughters fought like cats and dogs...this morning I was stuck in traffic in this small town because of road construction.... this morning an older gentlemen cussed me out because I didn't have his jeans yet...this morning my vacuum cleaner sucked up the quarter I dropped on the floor....this morning two people called in sick...so now I have to work my hiney off and then this morning God send me a mother and 3 children who had no place to live as the father/dad was/is extremely sick and had to be hospitalized at which time the hospital took every penny they had to even start treatment...God allowed me to feed them and help find a way to give them a place to live...and I again was allowed to feel the love...and it's only 10:30 a.m.!
Bring it on God...I am ready now.
We feel like our lives are in so much turmoil until something happens that makes you realize that these small things are so petty.
Thank you God for "waking" me today. and allowing me just a moment to share this wonderful day with others.
So what did God do in your life today?

A butterfly landed on my lap today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity