Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 07:33 PM

852 posts, read 1,368,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamarybeth View Post
Friday night was revival night, then Sat, Sunday the 5th( my last post), Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur. Count them , for almost a week I argued with Jesus. Sunday like a defiant teenager I skipped church, saw my boyfriend, read a vampire book and watched a drag queen movie. If I used to smoke and drink I think I would have done that too. I was so sick Monday I went to a doctor and got prescribed antibiotics. In misery and still I resisted admitting I was wrong. I clutched that bottle of pills as proof I was not to blame for feeling weak and ill. Scared to let fellow Christians know I was more sinner than sick. Ashamed of myself. This morning I caved and admitted I was wrong. And asked for Jesus to forgive me. I felt normal again, calm. No biting fingernails or worrying. My smile was real today and I was at ease. I don't know what to think about my Sunday post, maybe a part of me was trying to convince myself the right thing to do. Or my vanity was showing off for you guys. Trying to impress strangers with my holyness when my insides felt filthy. Right now I am grateful to be forgiven. Happy to feel clean and unashamed. I resolved this morning to spend more time studying Jesus and I spent an hour reading "Christ and Life". Goodnight y'all. I rented Flywheel for tonight. About a man finding Jesus and becoming a decent man. I pray God makes me into someone my teens will be proud of and I'm sorry about that attitude in my last post. I can lie to myself and everyone around me, but not to Jesus. Thank God He doesn't accept less than all of us. Lip service is meaningless without it being backed up with our mind and heart.
we love you just the way you are....none of us are perfect. We can only pray that when we are having these less than perfect moments that He will help us. I know I have plenty of them....so you are not alone. We can pray that He will guide and direct us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 09:14 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,317,973 times
God gave me another reason to wake up and go through another day, being with Him!

Old 07-09-2009, 09:20 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,456,679 times
Made me more aware of the beauty of my children. Yesterday, my little boy (4-yrs) brought home a shell from daycare and place it in the turtle's bowl, you should have seen his face when a snail emerged from out of the shell. He was so excited, he yelled, "Mommy, the shell is walking!" So today, he brought home 10 more in a cup!

So innocent, so sweet, but 10 snails? (LOL). Oh, by the way, they all had names. So how do you get "rid" of Jerry, Mike, John and Steve ......?

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 07-09-2009 at 09:30 PM..

Old 07-17-2009, 12:43 AM

8,186 posts, read 6,966,867 times
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Man. These sparrow wings have momentarily been traded in for Eagle's wings. Many months of wandering in the wilderness.... unable to fly and now I am soaring over the mountaintops.

In our weakness, His strength can SURELY be seen. It may take awhile to see it... but hang on, just have patience.

I love you God.

Thank you.

My little sparrow wings may become injured once again... but this moment of flying over the mountaintops will remain in my heart.

Thank you for loving us so much.
Sometimes we can't see it, it's obscured, seemingly hidden from our view... but it's ALWAYS there. Just waiting to surprise us and bring us closer to Him.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:36 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,608,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
My squirrel friend came back for food this morning. He hasn't been around for a while and I missed him.
Squirrely got a girlfriend, Squirrely got a girlfriend... taken those nuts and seeds to his girl

Old 07-17-2009, 04:50 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,608,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Made me more aware of the beauty of my children. Yesterday, my little boy (4-yrs) brought home a shell from daycare and place it in the turtle's bowl, you should have seen his face when a snail emerged from out of the shell. He was so excited, he yelled, "Mommy, the shell is walking!" So today, he brought home 10 more in a cup!

So innocent, so sweet, but 10 snails? (LOL). Oh, by the way, they all had names. So how do you get "rid" of Jerry, Mike, John and Steve ......?
LOL that is sooo cute!

Well, last night storms came through North Texas... a long awaited rain that cooled down the temperture from 105 to the low 90s. Ahhh, a nice cool front and I woke to notice a leak in my ceiling!!!! Oh well, just put a bucket under it and go to work with my windows down...ahhhh a nice cool day.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:45 PM

142 posts, read 280,279 times
What has God done for me today? I prayed that he would open the manager's eyes to me, that she would see I'm worth paying. Today she handed me gas money and bought my lunch. She was friendly and seemed pleased I was there. One of the troublemakers has been gone for almost two weeks to take care of an ill family member. The store is calm and drama free. No gossip, no whispering. I am so grateful that today it was three Christians working together. I'm grateful I can count myself among the drama free three. I'm praying she either decides to work here with Jesus in her heart or she takes early retirement and I can put in to work here as a paid employee. God healed me of what I was collecting disability for. It seems like I'm disrespecting what He's done by continuing to live off of SSI checks. My brain was made fully functional, no more fuzzies. Getting off the sugar was my physical action. But it was God who told me to quit that stuff and stay away from it if I wanted to be better, smarter. Something I want to point out for any nonbelievers who read this, everything I read in the Bible and personally hear as an impression or idea from God has been to my benefit. Since I started listening to God instead of coworkers, my life has been cleaner and healthier. That load on my shoulders I gave to Him and I don't miss it a bit.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:40 PM

142 posts, read 280,279 times
He is my hope, my peace, my strength, my wisdom. Everything that I am and can be is thanks to Jesus.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:20 PM

433 posts, read 878,032 times
I hope I hand my life over in his hands before it is too late. He woke me up this morning.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:57 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,295,268 times
He has shown me time and time again who my enemies were (wolves)
and I have not heeded.. ignoring the Holy Spirit caused me to make wrong decisions by trusting those who meant me harm.
His Grace and Mercy is awesome
He caused me to push some freshly laundered clothes hanging up aside to look in the back of
my dryer that I had just turned on, to see in the nick of time what would have been a fire
I was able to assess the situation and act immediately on the faulty equipment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity