Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 05:37 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,344,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Is it any surprise that people are turning away from religion in the UK.
We see the church of England tearing it'self apart because of the ordination of gay priests.
We see catholic priests involved in child abuse worldwide, and whats worse we see the catholic church protecting these deviants.
Can anyone please tell me what the church has to offer the citizens of the UK other than a collection dish.
Albion this is God preparing the way . When sin becomes exceedingly sinful, we are on the brink .

God as Grace and forgiveness to offer and water that if you drink you will never thirst again through His son Jesus .

Yes the Church as been serving up polluted water through the recent decades, but there is a going to be floods of living water flowing through the land.

I speak grace to the nation

Last edited by pcamps; 07-08-2009 at 06:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 11:39 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,709,932 times
Too late pcamps, religion is approaching it's final days.
The vast majority of british people have no further use for fairy tales.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:50 AM

I am so glad religion is approaching it's final days ,it's the religious spirit that is most resistant to the good news that God sent is son into the world not to condemn it but save it.

God is for England my homeland and as not abandoned it as it may appear , it's just that darkness covers the land and God is obscured,but just one word from God spoken to that nation will change it and bring it back to Himself.

Let there be Light over the nation of Britain again Lord so once again that nation can be called great because it as returned to you.

Isaiah 49:15

Can a woman forget her nursing child? Will she have no compassion on the child from her womb? Although mothers may forget, I will not forget you.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:02 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I am so glad religion is approaching it's final days ,it's the religious spirit that is most resistant to the good news that God sent is son into the world not to condemn it but save it.

God is for England my homeland and as not abandoned it as it may appear , it's just that darkness covers the land and God is obscured,but just one word from God spoken to that nation will change it and bring it back to Himself.

Let there be Light over the nation of Britain again Lord so once again that nation can be called great because it as returned to you.

Isaiah 49:15

Can a woman forget her nursing child? Will she have no compassion on the child from her womb? Although mothers may forget, I will not forget you.
Well spoken, Camps, like a true Buddhist

I knew you had it in you.

I'm working on a new comic series.

pcamps and the Sinners of the Universe

Old 07-09-2009, 12:06 PM

396 posts, read 599,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Is it any surprise that people are turning away from religion in the UK.
We see the church of England tearing it'self apart because of the ordination of gay priests.
We see catholic priests involved in child abuse worldwide, and whats worse we see the catholic church protecting these deviants.
Can anyone please tell me what the church has to offer the citizens of the UK other than a collection dish.
Good Points! If the salt has lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. (Matt.5:13)

Old 07-09-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Well spoken, Camps, like a true Buddhist

I knew you had it in you.

I'm working on a new comic series.

pcamps and the Sinners of the Universe
Send me a copy when you have completed it by the way.

On a more serious note God is moving on people to pray for GB .

I have not been able to post on this thread without a great heaviness on me and without tears. God is for the Brits .Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-09-2009, 12:12 PM

17 posts, read 27,401 times
God: The Abusive Boyfriend
Ways the Christian God is like the most extreme version of an abusive (and possibly psychotic) boyfriend;

Needs constant praise and makes you feel guilty for just being human.
Has severe jealousy issues.
He lets painful experiences happen to you that he could easily prevent, just to test your devotion to Him.
Claims credit for everything good in your life; claims nothing bad in your life comes from Him.
Threatens you with eternal torture if you ever leave Him.
He is constantly swearing that He loves you and you need Him.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:21 PM

396 posts, read 599,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiggoto View Post
Ways the Christian God is like the most extreme version of an abusive (and possibly psychotic) boyfriend;

He lets painful experiences happen to you that he could easily prevent, just to test your devotion to Him.
Claims credit for everything good in your life; claims nothing bad in your life comes from Him.
Wow, Yiggoto, Brilliant! Did you come up with that all by yourself?

Old 07-09-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiggoto View Post

That's fine , no worries

Old 07-09-2009, 12:26 PM

17 posts, read 27,401 times
Fraid not. I got it from here I think: http://www.endhereditaryreligion.com
Here's some more;

Ways to tell if you are in danger of being taken advantage of in a relationship with this abusive God:

You are highly defensive of Him from even the slightest criticism of His flaws.
You talk to Him every night, and He never responds yet still expects unwavering devotion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity