Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 08:01 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,415,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
You made an excellent point here. Please expound on this because from my perspective you do not believe nor understand the sovereignty of God? Does it really matter if you and I could cope with it that CHANGES NOTHING......The question still remains, is it true?

(Romans 9:20)
On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, "Why did you make me like this," will it?
Fundy, I believe it is precisely because of the sovereignty of God that sooner or later God will save all fallen creatures from everything from which they need to be saved, INCUDING THEIR STUBBORN WILLS.

This exposition is so good on why we URs believe that.

HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE by James Coram (online reading)
http://concordant.org/expohtml/HisAchievement/index.html
The introduction at the beginning of each of the seventeen chapters is not the chapter itself. You must click on the highlighted title of each chapter to bring up the entire chapter to read it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 08:05 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,591,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Fundy, I believe it is precisely because of the sovereignty of God that sooner or later God will save all fallen creatures from everything from which they need to be saved, INCUDING THEIR STUBBORN WILLS.

This exposition is so good on why we URs believe that.

HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE by James Coram (online reading)
http://concordant.org/expohtml/HisAchievement/index.html
The introduction at the beginning of each of the seventeen chapters is not the chapter itself. You must click on the highlighted title of each chapter to bring up the entire chapter to read it.
I am talking about aspects of God we can't cope with or understand? I am asking you the same question I asked Phazelwood. Could you worship and love a God IF He created an eternal hell to eternally torment souls?

Would you still love, embrace and bow to the wisdown and goodness of that God?

Old 07-20-2009, 08:05 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,962,331 times
Quote:
Not so fast because Phazelwood, do you respect the sovereignty of God. If you found that hell IS eternal, that your loved ones would suffer eternal torment forever, loved ones who have had a rough go in this life and were just searching for a better way even though life dealt them so many blows.

Would you still love and cherish that God?
oh that answer comes real fast because it is a no brainer.

No I would not love and cherish that God. Having Sovereighty does not EQUAL having righteousness.

This scenario is always painted by someone who thinks that their belief will keep them from the horrors that they pretend to cherish so much.

How about loving and cherishing that God knowing you were selected to be damned for eternity?

Old 07-20-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
oh that answer comes real fast because it is a no brainer.

No I would not love and cherish that God. Having Sovereighty does not EQUAL having righteousness.

This scenario is always painted by someone who thinks that their belief will keep them from the horrors that they pretend to cherish so much.

How about loving and cherishing that God knowing you were selected to be damned for eternity?

Then Phazelwood....you are walking a dangerous line. Your pride won't allow you to worship or love a certain God that your carnal side can't and won't understand. We are clay, we are pottery, we are nothing in front an absolutely Holy God. We have no clue what is righteous or even have audacity to judge God's righteousness. GOD's soverignty is righteous

Read 1 John. If you are not worshipping the correct God then you are not saved-If you do not have the Father rightly then you do not have the Son either. You better be 100% right about YOUR God.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Then Phazelwood....you are walking a dangerous line. Your pride won't allow you to worship or love a certain God that your carnal side can't and won't understand. We are clay, we are pottery, we are nothing in front an absolutely Holy God. We have no clue what is righteous or even have audacity to judge God's righteousness.

Read 1 John. If you are not worshipping the correct God then you are not saved. You better be 100% right about YOUR God.

Answer my question to you, then I will respond to this.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:14 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,148,429 times
Quote:
If you are not worshipping the correct God then you are not saved.

How do you know you are worshipping the correct God?

Here in lies the problem. As Phazelwood has pointed out in the past:
If God has created this place for eternal torture, how do you know you are not destined for it? How do you know you are not deceived? What assurance can there be?

Luckily scripture tells us we are saved by grace through faith, neither which is from our own efforts.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:15 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,415,771 times
Default No, i could not possibly love such a god!

Quote:
I am talking about aspects of God we can't cope with or understand? I am asking you the same question I asked Phazelwood. Could you worship and love a God IF He created an eternal hell to eternally torment souls?
Would you still love, embrace and bow to the wisdown and goodness of that God?
NO, I COULD NOT POSSIBLY LOVE SUCH A GOD!
That is precisely my problem!
And I am so glad that there is convincing evidence that the Bible does not teach that God is like that.

WILL JESUS TORTURE BILLIONS FOREVER?
The Law of Circularity

Jesus is the Creator and Sustainer of all creatures.
“All things were created by Him and for Him” Colossians 1:16

As a Christian Biblical Universal Transformationist I believe that all suffering is allowed by Jesus. But sooner or later Jesus will transform all suffering into something better that it happened for everyone, including both the unexplained and unjustifiable suffering that we all experience in varying degrees, as well as what the Bible calls "kolasis aionion" which means age-during corrective chastisement that everyone who needs it will experience.
Chapter Eleven

Copy and paste into Google
THE RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS EBY
Or click on
The Restitution of All Things: There Is One God; The Lord Our God Is One; All Things Created By God; All Things Created In Christ; All Things Out Of Him; The Unfragmented One; All Things Through Him; All Things Into Him; Restitution
or
The Restitution of All Things
ESPECIALLY READ THE VERY LAST PARAGRAPH

Don’t kid yourself; there is no getting around it no matter how hard you try.
If anyone were to suffer forever, Jesus would be doing it to them in the sense that He would be allowing it to happen by sustaining them alive in an inescapable state of never ending suffering.
THE LAW OF CIRCULARITY - WILL JESUS TORTURE BILLIONS FOREVER?
Or click on
The Law of Circularity: Will Jesus Torture Billions Forever? How Men Are Saved
or
The Law of Circularity

BIBLE THREATENINGS EXPLAINED
Bible Threatenings Explained
or
Matthew 25:46 - “Aionian” or “Eternal”
Matthew 25:46 - “Aionian” or “Eternal”

No two words in the history of man have been so torturing as aion and aionion. No two words in the history of man, mishandled by man, have contributed more to the physical, emotional and spiritual harm of so many, than these. You think I must be exaggerating. But I am not. It is the mistranslation of these two words that has foisted the false and destructive doctrine of eternal torment upon the church and the world.
Fruit from the Teaching of Hell

Mistranslation of the Greek words "aion" and “aionios” is a master stroke of diabolical genius. No other words erroneously translated, could more effectively pervert man’s image of God and cause such widespread confusion. The following work by Joseph E. Kirk is offered in the hope that the serious seeker after scriptural truth will be aided in their quest.
THE EONS OF THE BIBLE WITH CONCORDANCE
Or click on
The eons of the Bible With Concordance, God’s purpose of the eons.

Also copy and paste into Google
AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS
Or click on
An Analytical Study of Words

Also copy and paste into Google
TIME AND ETERNITY (OLAM and AIONIOS) STEVENSON
Or click on
TIME AND ETERNITY: A Biblical Study

Old 07-20-2009, 08:22 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,525,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Twin spin,

Have you ever read any of the links that have been posted? Especially have you thought about how an age which has a beginning and end, can also be eternal?
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal {aionian} life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Mat 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world {aion} ; and the reapers are the angels.

There is judgement on sin and it is death. No Christian universalist disputes the wages of sin being death, and also there is the lake of fire which is the second death

However there is also life after death - that is what resurrection is
Meerkat,
Yes, I have. But the same can be asked from myself or others. Again, you are conveniently not equating that those who reject will also be thrown into the lake of fire (where all evil will reside after ressurection) ... anything other than that is not scriptural.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
NO, I COULD NOT POSSIBLY LOVE SUCH A GOD!
That is precisely my problem!
And I am so glad that there is convincing evidence that the Bible does not teach that God is like that.

WILL JESUS TORTURE BILLIONS FOREVER?
The Law of Circularity

Jesus is the Creator..........
I have no clue what this means other than a bunch of rheotoric that is used to somehow change people's mind. My friend even if you could change my mind today then someone will come tomorrow with even better evidence to change my mind back.

THE GOSPEL is what changes minds and hearts. It is the power of God's word that wakes His elect. It is used to pound every man's conscience and reveals to us we are in trouble infront a holy, just God who is bound by His nature.

I have had many debates with my friends if universalist are Christians (my friends are arminians as well), they say not but I say only the universalist who love God no matter what they believe or accept. You obviously can't love a certain God and you say there is evidence to what you believe but in saying this you must also see some evidence to the contrary too so for your sake you better be 100% correct because my friend you are waging your eternal soul on something your corrupt, fallen nature can't "cope" with.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:28 AM

Not my job to convince you of anything Fundamentalist. Just answer the question.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity