Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 08:46 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,144,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
So God locked the ungody blasphemers in their own disobedience so He could make them filthy rich?
What about the ungodly blasphemers who don't become filthy rich, but instead die in a ditch some where?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 08:46 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,395,082 times
Its a terrible sin to desire the Salvation of all those whom God created to be vessels of wrath..and whom He is fitting for destruction..

Old 07-27-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Its a terrible sin to desire the Salvation of all those whom God created to be vessels of wrath..and whom He is fitting for destruction..
You are so far away from the truth here it is unbelievable.

Quote:
From the bible, Jesus is the Saviour of All nationalties of men, but not all men, for He is not the Saviour for the devil and his seed..no mercy for the devil and his seed..
You say Jesus is not the savior of all men, yet scripture says God is the savior of all men. I will believe scripture over your carnal beliefs.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:54 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,395,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
You are so far away from the truth here it is unbelievable.

You say Jesus is not the savior of all men, yet scripture says God is the savior of all men. I will believe scripture over your carnal beliefs.
Jesus is the saviour of all sorts and types of men..but some men have no saviour, thats why they will hear these dreadful words soon :

Matt 7:

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

How was He their Saviour and never knew them ?

Old 07-27-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Jesus is the saviour of all sorts and types of men..but some men have no saviour, thats why they will hear these dreadful words soon :

Matt 7:

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

How was He their Saviour and never knew them ?
Yes of course there are many that Jesus will say that to. It does not mean that Jesus will not ultimately save them. Otherwise God will never defeat all enemies nor become all in all. You have been shown this many times b57, yet you still reject the truth. That is ok though, you cannot see it and will not understand it.

Peace.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:11 AM

14,911 posts, read 17,225,810 times
Quote:
thats why they will hear these dreadful words soon :
And you will rejoice, right beloved? Through no fault of their own according to your belief, they are to burn in hell for all of eternity. They were born for this and their destiny cannot be changed. It could be your mom, dad, children, best friend, even you....

but guess what ...

Jesus has been made heir of all so He will know them all God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-27-2009 at 09:22 AM..

Old 07-27-2009, 09:16 AM

257 posts, read 444,684 times
Quote:
I agree we are commanded not to worry, but to pray. But if there is always the threat of eternal hell fire, how can one NOT worry, at least for loved ones? What about people in other countries that die in wars while never having heard the gospel? Should I worry for them? Are you saying if I pray for the whole world, will God try to save the whole world?
Persons who have lived all thier life in a democracy country, are subject to think that eternal truth is subject to a vote, or to personal opinion or belief. After having a say as to who will rule in thier country, by voting, they are inclined to vote on what is truth and what is not.

So, it is difficult for many to accept the reality of an all powerful GOD Who never changes, and Who has written His Word in scripture, and Who will write His Word in the hearts of all those who will follow JESUS the LORD.

I can face the world today because I know that GOD rules with absolute and awesome power. And because He the LORD JESUS is with me and I with Him. If there is a matter of concern, I pray and He bears that burden and He resolves all the issues. This totally eliminates worry!

Old 07-27-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHimByHim View Post
Persons who have lived all thier life in a democracy country, are subject to think that eternal truth is subject to a vote, or to personal opinion or belief. After having a say as to who will rule in thier country, by voting, they are inclined to vote on what is truth and what is not.
Some may "vote on the truth". I just look at scripture as I believe it is the truth.

Quote:
So, it is difficult for many to accept the reality of an all powerful GOD Who never changes, and Who has written His Word in scripture, and Who will write His Word in the hearts of all those who will follow JESUS the LORD.

I can face the world today because I know that GOD rules with absolute and awesome power. And because He the LORD JESUS is with me and I with Him. If there is a matter of concern, I pray and He bears that burden and He resolves all the issues. This totally eliminates worry!
I agree with you here. God is all powerful, God is good, so there is no need to worry.

The problem is man's belief that God is an eternal torturer. That might cause some to worry - those who don't know the truth.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:43 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,958,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Or should we just be content with just thinking that with what the church teaches, that only a few shall be saved ?

This is Gods power

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Denying that power appears to only be a form of Godliness.

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

That does not damn someone forever, but I was spiritually dead until I returned to the simplicity of that.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:49 AM

257 posts, read 444,684 times
Quote:
Some may "vote on the truth". I just look at scripture as I believe it is the truth.

I agree with you here. God is all powerful, God is good, so there is no need to worry.

The problem is man's belief that God is an eternal torturer. That might cause some to worry - those who don't know the truth.
You will know the truth in eternity. So it would be wise to forsake the univeralist lie before it is to late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity