Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2009, 08:17 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,054,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So your word against the word of koine Greek professors? Just because you interprate certain scripture a certain way? Then we really should just agree to disagree ... You really don't have the authority to prove by your interpretation of said scriptures alone that we are wrong, its just your opinion in this case. So why not just let it be? I can only see greater division arising if we insist on continuing this argument. If you cant show any more evidences for your opinion about what the word aionios means besides your interpretation of those scriptures, there is really nothing left to discuss. Because you are simply ignoring any other evidences which we are presenting. And i can and have interpreted those scriptures to which you have so far made reference to show that the word aionios in those verses means either pertaining to the ages, or age enduring. Any further continuation of this debate between those of us who believe in UR is only discrediting our interpretation of scripture to the fundamentalists and it is not helping any one in my opinion.
I've already consulted Ancient Greek Professors. Yes it is my opinion. Everyone thing is ones opinion if they agree with something. That doesn't take away any credibility to what I'm saying. Again, the scriptures themselves refute the use of "pertaining to the ages". Plug it in and you will see it doesn't work.

I'm a universalist. Just one that has a better grip on the meaning of Aionios.

Paul

Old 10-01-2009, 08:26 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,787,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I've already consulted Ancient Greek Professors. Yes it is my opinion. Everyone thing is ones opinion if they agree with something. That doesn't take away any credibility to what I'm saying. Again, the scriptures themselves refute the use of "pertaining to the ages". Plug it in and you will see it doesn't work.

I'm a universalist. Just one that has a better grip on the meaning of Aionios.

Paul
I beg to differ, and we'll agree to disagree ... We will just let our arguments stand in the thread as they are, and allow the readers of the thread to decide for themselves who they think makes the better case. I suggest anyone interested in hearing more on this subject see Andrew Jukes, "The Restitution Of All Things" ... and as was so well stated by another brother in some other place ...

Quote:
you can have all your questions and then some answered on every imaginable scripture on this vital topic
God bless brother.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-01-2009 at 09:10 PM..

Old 10-01-2009, 08:57 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,471,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Lifesigns, universalism is God's accomplishing power. But don't get confused by the flawed knowledge of aionios as pertaining to a limited duration. That is just going to lead you into contradiction in the scriptures.

Paul
Trettep, can you repeat re-state your statement, Idon't know if it's my eyes, or my brain, or both, but I want to understand what you wrote, and I'm not getting what you said, and I want to understand it . . . be patient with me, I'm still not recoverd, blessings,

Old 10-01-2009, 09:32 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,819,491 times
Quote:
Or just be an atheist who doesn't believe in anything who just likes to troll around arguing with people for no good reason other than perhaps the truth of universal reconciliation threatens your already twisted perspective on the gospel. Perhaps the reason why you see eternal torture in the bible is because you don't have the spirit of God in you to reveal the truth to you through the smoke screen of mistranslations which have corrupted the word of God in the last few centuries? Perhaps you prefer to believe Christianity originally taught eternal torture because it makes it easier for you blaspheme the name of God and smear the truth of the Gospel and feel justified in doing so?
I'm not an atheist, you are by not following the word of God. Its not trolling when I point out bible verses you cant answer, thats called your belief system is invalid. Invalid = it doesnt work and is false. Perhaps I see eternal torture in the bible as hell is because its written all over the place including revelations. You cant believe that God would send people to hell so you just go with the easy made up belief system that allows you to sleep at night. Your wrong and you know it so you just shift and deceive and resort to name calling. Some christian you are...oh thats right you're a universalist which is basically the same thing as an atheist, my apologies.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
I'm not an atheist, you are by not following the word of God. Its not trolling when I point out bible verses you cant answer, thats called your belief system is invalid. Invalid = it doesnt work and is false. Perhaps I see eternal torture in the bible as hell is because its written all over the place including revelations. You cant believe that God would send people to hell so you just go with the easy made up belief system that allows you to sleep at night. Your wrong and you know it so you just shift and deceive and resort to name calling. Some christian you are...oh thats right you're a universalist which is basically the same thing as an atheist, my apologies.
I have answered every bible verse you have presented and more within the threads on this forum ... You say now you are not an atheist? Okay, but you are not a Christian, you said so yourself, so dont try and come back and change you story now. Aion means age, aionios means pertaining to the ages. Whatever verse you present that says anything about eternal damnation using the words aion or its adjective forms, or olam in the old testament are mistranslations of those words. The truth is out, your demonic control is over, get behind me Satan.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:42 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,819,491 times
Quote:
I have answered every bible verse you have presented and more within the threads on this forum ... You say now you are not an atheist? Okay, but you are not a Christian, you said so yourself, so dont try and come back and change you story now. Aion means age, aionios means pertaining to the ages. Whatever verse you present that says anything about eternal damnation using the words aion or its adjective forms, or olam in the old testament are mistranslations of those words. The truth is out, your demonic control is over, get behind me Satan.

It is wise to note that anything that is extra biblical is just that—extra biblical. You are basing your doctrines upon the musings and words of uninspired men. If you dont know Greek yourself you need to accept the bible for what it is or admit you're atheist because your argument is a complete fallacy.

You are attempting to mix truth with a lie, which still makes it a lie. This holds true no matter what I personally believe. You are shifting the view away from the point that your whole idea of your heretical ideaology is based upon one word you believe to be mistranslated. You are the one following satan and you are so lost you dont even know it. I'd wish you luck but honestly people like you are the reason hell was created, always trying to deceive people and spread misinformation. You will get what you deserve in the end, and it isnt heaven dude.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
It is wise to note that anything that is extra biblical is just that—extra biblical. You are basing your doctrines upon the musings and words of uninspired men. If you dont know Greek yourself you need to accept the bible for what it is or admit you're atheist because your argument is a complete fallacy.

You are attempting to mix truth with a lie, which still makes it a lie. This holds true no matter what I personally believe. You are shifting the view away from the point that your whole idea of your heretical ideaology is based upon one word you believe to be mistranslated. You are the one following satan and you are so lost you dont even know it. I'd wish you luck but honestly people like you are the reason hell was created, always trying to deceive people and spread misinformation. You will get what you deserve in the end, and it isnt heaven dude.
I love you man, and im sorry you have to suffer this madness. You will be healed ...

Isaiah 57:17-19

NAS
“Because of the iniquity of his unjust gain I was angry and struck him;
I hid My face and was angry,
And he went on turning away, in the way of his heart.
“I have seen his ways, but I will heal him;
I will lead him and restore comfort to him and to his mourners, Creating the praise of the lips.

BBE
For I will not give punishment for ever, or be angry without end: for from me breath goes out; and I it was who made the souls.
I was quickly angry with his evil ways, and sent punishment on him, veiling my face in wrath: and he went on, turning his heart from me.
I have seen his ways, and I will make him well: I will give him rest, comforting him and his people who are sad.
I will give the fruit of the lips: Peace, peace, to him who is near and to him who is far off, says the Lord; and I will make him well.

May the lord be with you sir.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:49 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,637,654 times
Quote:
I'd wish you luck but honestly people like you are the reason hell was created, always trying to deceive people and spread misinformation. You will get what you deserve in the end, and it isnt heaven dude.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:06 AM

37,347 posts, read 28,428,376 times
Quote:
I'd wish you luck but honestly people like you are the reason hell was created, always trying to deceive people and spread misinformation. You will get what you deserve in the end, and it isnt heaven dude.
I can hear the amen's resounding throughout christendom to statements like this.
Then they want you to believe that they love you and their god loves you.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:27 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,637,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I can hear the amen's resounding throughout christendom to statements like this.
Then they want you to believe that they love you and their god loves you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity