Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2009, 02:05 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,594,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
You still didn't answer me on this Fundy.

Which version of Gal 1:9 should I believe? Is it "eternal condemnation" we get or just being "accursed?"
It's the same thing!!!!!!!! acccursed is condemned.

In the council of Trent, 13 canon the Catholic church states, THIRTEENTH SESSION, CANONS ON THE MOST HOLY SACRAMENT OF THE EUCHARIST: "If anyone denies that in the sacrament of the most Holy Eucharist are contained truly, really and substantially the body and blood together with the soul and divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ, and consequently the whole Christ, but says that He is in it only as in a sign, or figure or force, LET HIM BE ANATHEMA" (Canons on the Most Holy Sacrament of the Eucharist, Canon 1).

By that statement I am condemned to burn in the lake of fire for eternity.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:07 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,416,471 times
Default Full of pride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
LOL........ You are full of pride
You just said we need to be careful in wording our criticism, and now you say legoman is "full of pride."

Here are two Biblical exposition showing why we believe the Bible teaches
universal salvation.
biblical studies: Torturing Doubts and Exultant Faith
biblical studies: Crucial Questions About Resurrection

I think you will be hard pressed to find a proudful attitude in either of these two articles.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
You are the master of not answering questions (questions that you cannot answer).

Do you believe Young's translation is the bible?
Do you believe the Concordant literal translation is the bible?

Do you believe these are both just as valid and inerrant and just as much the Word of God as the KJV or NIV?

An answer would be appreciated.
Your the master of asking loaded questions. Young's translation is correct. How many times do I have to say that BUT through my studies of scripture the context is incorrect. It is that simple.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:08 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,782,046 times
I call people who are so religious that they cant even tell the difference between fantasy and fact in regard the bible - Bibolaters ...

Old 10-02-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
You just said we need to be careful in wording our criticism, and now you say legoman is "full of pride."

Here are two Biblical exposition showing why we believe the Bible teaches
universal salvation.
biblical studies: Torturing Doubts and Exultant Faith
biblical studies: Crucial Questions About Resurrection

I think you will be hard pressed to find a proudful attitude in either of these two articles.
of the bible

Old 10-02-2009, 02:09 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,150,527 times
Quote:
Your the master of asking loaded questions. Young's translation is correct. How many times do I have to say that BUT through my studies of scripture the context is incorrect. It is that simple.
Ah. So its correct, but its not correct.

You can call them "loaded questions". I call it getting at the truth you don't want to admit.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:10 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,782,046 times
Quote:
No the context of the KJV is far mor incorrect in so many more places ... That is the simple fact. The KJV translation was influenced by political powers of the time. The Youngs literal was not.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I call people who are so religious that they cant even tell the difference between fantasy and fact in regard the bible - Bibolaters ...
Thank you my goal is to grow in holiness with the correct heart.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Ah. So its correct, but its not correct.

You can call them "loaded questions". I call it getting at the truth you don't want to admit.
CONTEXT....just like day, yom can mean a 24 hour day or a period of time, with that context some think the world is 6,000 years old and others think it is millions of years old but guess what, inerrancy and infalibilty remains the intact.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:12 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,416,471 times
Default Why we believe your application to the context is wrong

Quote:
Why we believe your application to the context is wrong.

biblical studies: Eon As Indefinite Duration, Part One

biblical studies: Eon As Indefinte Duration, Part Two

biblical studies: Eon As Indefinte Duration, Part Three
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity