Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 10:47 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,410,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
even one drop of water from a dipped finger would be seen as the greatest thing that the damned could be in pointless hope to receive....
Click on
BIBLE THREATENINGS EXPLAINED – John Wesley Hanson
Bible Threatenings Explained
then scroll down and click on
THE RICH MAN AND LAZARUS

Also see
Abraham's Bosom:The Parable;The Rich Man; Lazarus;The Deaths of the Rich Man and Lazarus;Abraham's Bosom; Lazarus In Abraham's Bosom; The Rich Man In Torment; The Great Gulf

Old 10-15-2009, 10:48 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,408,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Yes, from the beginning of this thread, this certain member cuts and pasts the same post over and over and over again...no spirit in it at all....very cold with it's links to any and every source other than Scripture....over and over again.
Funny, I was just thinking how much I appreciate "this certain member" . He obviously has a heart for those who, like him, have endured torment because of the doctrine of ET. So, his heart doesn't seem to be about debating (nothing against debate, it has it's place) but simply about providing those people with hope through linking to articles that can help them to view Scripture and the heavenly Father without the taint of ET.

Certain Member, thank you.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:52 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,576,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Funny, I was just thinking how much I appreciate "this certain member" . He obviously has a heart for those who, like him, have endured torment because of the doctrine of ET. So, his heart doesn't seem to be about debating (nothing against debate, it has it's place) but simply about providing those people with hope through linking to articles that can help them to view Scripture and the heavenly Father without the taint of ET.

I understand where you are going and appreciate your thinking that the most important thing is that people hear the gospel, I myself have struggled with this thinking as well but isn't that pragmatism?

so Pleroo I must ask you, Did the Apostle Paul think that?

Old 10-15-2009, 10:54 AM

Default Scriptural proofs that the Bible teaches universal salvation

Quote:
Yes, from the beginning of this thread, this certain member cuts and pasts the same post over and over and over again...no spirit in it at all....very cold with it's links to any and every source other than Scripture....over and over again.
ALL of the links I posted demostrate that the Scriptures teach universal salvation.

SCRIPTURAL PROOFS THAT THE BIBLE TEACHES UNIVERSAL SALVATION

Universalism is Not in the Bible ?

Understanding Universal Salvation Part One

Old 10-15-2009, 10:59 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,106,801 times
Quote:
The moment I think someone has started to just read to me....
or the moment I catch him posting the same stuff over and over....
or the moment I see that rather than being able to write his own ideas he tries to get away with posting a website address ...

That is the moment when I tell him that I will no longer read squat from him or her.

There is no point in going on.

I write my own views because Im attempting to have a conversation..
If the other person cant show me the same respect for the art of conversation then there really is no point in worrying about it anymore...

Time to move on to someone who might try a bit harder...

Old 10-15-2009, 11:01 AM

Default The Apostles Taught Universal Salvation!

Quote:

You are welcome Pleroo, and thank you for your support!

The Apostles Taught Universal Salvation!

Click on
Understanding Universal Salvation Part One
then scroll down to the title
The Apostles Taught Universal Salvation!

Old 10-15-2009, 11:02 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,408,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I understand where you are going and appreciate your thinking that the most important thing is that people hear the gospel, I myself have struggled with this thinking as well but isn't that pragmatism?

so Pleroo I must ask you, Did the Apostle Paul think that?
Well, if I understand what you're asking, I'd have to say you may be mistaken about [the motivation for] what Certain Member is doing. He is sharing UR because he believes it to be truth and, hey, the Truth sets us free.

Is that what Paul thought? I'm pretty sure he did.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:12 AM

Default Consequenses of eternal hell teaching

Quote:
or the moment I see that rather than being able to write his own ideas he tries to get away with posting a website address ...

That is the moment when I tell him that I will no longer read squat from him or her.

If the other person cant show me the same respect for the art of conversation then there really is no point in worrying about it anymore...

To put it bluntly, my primary concern is not "to show respect," although I hope that I have not been disrespectful.

My primary interest is to guide people to the same information that enabled me to recover from a twelve year breakdown 1966-78.
I'm 70 years old now.

Here is what the doctrine of endless hell does to people.
Fruit from the Teaching of Hell
Also see
consequences

IMO the greatest of all manifestations of God grace in action on this earth is that anyone can believe like Alan does and not have a breakdown thinking about it.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:13 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,576,620 times
Quote:
Well, if I understand what you're asking, I'd have to say you may be mistaken about what Certain Member is doing. He is sharing UR because he believes it to be truth and, hey, the Truth sets us free.

Is that what Paul thought? I'm pretty sure he did.
Paul spread THE truth so how can someone spreading "untruth" be ok let alone set us free? Now don't get me wrong I understand the Holy Spirit saves us inspite of bad teaching and even making an untruth work for His glory and our good but that does not negate what the OP is doing is wrong or that we should support it.
I agree we should take those things into consideration which we do but apply spiritual discernment where we don't become "stumbling blocks" but not to the magnitude where it becomes pragmatism.

I respect your thinking and how you want to handle it, like I said I have battled with it myself but I can only do what scripture tells me.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-15-2009 at 11:30 AM..

Old 10-15-2009, 11:16 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,666,662 times
Quote:

Having a conversation with someone who can speak for themselves, from their own perspective is meaningful...I feel the same as you Alan...no point in conversing with anyone who cannot speak in their own words...I can recall some members right now who have been reprimanded for cut and pasting the same websites over and over again... hummmmm...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity