Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 11:19 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,041,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
You made a statement...David went to heaven eventually.

I asked...When did David go to heaven?

You did not answer that question.

Give me an answer that can be found from scripture...what you posted was not an answer and I explained by your futurist belief why is was not an answer by scripture.

So, I'm going to ask it again...When did David go to heaven?
Here is a little quote from David from m teachings. it's ok that we don't agree on where I get the info but it shows that David is in the Celestial heavens, although not in the presence of God yet, making his way and progressing as we all will in the spirit world.

"In the spirit world, though I had many memories of kindnesses I had done, I could not escape the memories of the damage of the battlefields, which I know I caused. So, though I was quite special in the gentle and delicate areas of life, I was also warlike, and these memories followed me over here. (He was in darkness for a time, I don't know how long as he hasn't said)
Well, as you gather, I inhabit the Celestial Heavens, where we are always working to reverse and heal the damages and horrors of war. I am particularly pleased and honored to assist here, knowing and understanding what drives mortals to do those acts that eventually only produce suffering and unhappiness for the doer". King David - 2003
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 11:23 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,345,715 times
this might fit to the topic

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...unishment.html

I think it shows why everlasting torment would be evil in my opinion, according both to scriptural standards and common sense.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:25 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,567,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Exactly...you can't claim the benefits of a Preterist belief, going to heaven when you die, while claiming to be a Futurist.
This is true. I think people confuse the kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven? Are they separate or are they the same?

Also they confuse being born again, and being saved. Some say you are born again at baptism which would mean you are changed from mortal to immortal. Others believe it is upon death that you are changed from mortal to immortal and that you are saved from death. Some take death to mean dead to your sins others take saved from death to mean you can never die (immortality).

Is all death talked about in the bible physical death?
Does saved mean saved from the death caused by sin or physical death?
Does born again and saved mean the same thing?
Can you be born again in life and saved in life (immortality) or does one have to physically die to be born again or saved?

Old 11-16-2009, 08:35 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,409,278 times
The concept g-o-d, at least the christian concept, means that a mistake is not made by god. If you think god can error than god is a human or something but not g-o-d and; therefore, you don't have a g-o-d concept. Maybe in some other religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity