Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 01:26 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,787,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
That is such a Christian attitude, such nice things to say about your brothers and sisters in Christ. "Full of Violence, condemnation, and elitism" sounds like you are full of the same thing judging by this post? Are you a "closet" fundamentalist or orthodox?

Now excuse me as I go home and kick my cat
No less harsh than jesus own words to his "brothers and sisters" in the jewish faith, the pharisees.

No less harsh than his words for his own disciples when they wanted to call fire from heaven and burn alive the Samaritans (Luke 9:52) ...

And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.
And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem. And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 01:27 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,601,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's aimed at the spirit and system of the organized church institution and not those who are held captive by it.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh....so we can act unchristian if it is directed at a certain party or group. GOT IT!

Old 09-23-2009, 01:28 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,232,068 times
Quote:
Actually it proves he is a hypocrite since his post was violent, condeming and elitist, same thing he accused ET's of being.

Doctrine of hell is very important and it is part of our gospel. This is not a non essential.
We will have to agree to disagree in this area....because after studying this Doctrine of Hell or ET for over a year and a half, I just don't find it to be one bit biblical. After figuring out I was a Preterist, due to what I saw in scripture which preachers could not give me a biblical answer for...I don't put much stock into what others tell or teach...I look for it on my own, with an open mind. God has not disappointed me yet in my endeavors and I don't suspect He ever will.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
No less harsh than jesus own words to his "brothers and sisters" in the jewish faith, the pharisees.

No less harsh than his words for his own disciples when they wanted to call fire from heaven and burn alive the Samaritans (Luke 9:52) ...

And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.
And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem. And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

LOL....WOW....there is some scripture twisting going on here.

Do you know what a Pharisee is?...Jesus did not condemn the Pharisees because they were being "too" religious (that's a myth), but being just religious with the wrong heart, no love for God but themselves, no humbleness but pride and arrogance, He condemned them because they were preaching a false gospel denying people access to God and in the process living as hypocrites.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 09-23-2009 at 01:38 PM..

Old 09-23-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
We will have to agree to disagree in this area....because after studying this Doctrine of Hell or ET for over a year and a half, I just don't find it to be one bit biblical. After figuring out I was a Preterist, due to what I saw in scripture which preachers could not give me a biblical answer for...I don't put much stock into what others tell or teach...I look for it on my own, with an open mind. God has not disappointed me yet in my endeavors and I don't suspect He ever will.
I didn't say it was part of your gospel. I said it was a part of our gospel. We are not on the same side.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:35 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,232,068 times
Quote:
I didn't say it was part of your gospel. I said it was a part of our gospel. We are not on the same side.
HUH Do you believe in God? Yes. Do I believe in God? Yes.

We are on the same side...we just have a difference of opinion on how God handles His business with others. This is why there are such divisions in Christ's Body...we can all agree to disagree and still love each other can't we?

Old 09-23-2009, 01:37 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,787,105 times
Quote:
LOL....WOW....there is some scripture twisting going on here. Do you know know what Pharisee is...Jesus did not condemn the Pharisees because they were being too religious, he condemned them because they were preaching a false gospel and being hypocrites.
Fundamentalist. Your use of the proverbial "smoke screen" is excellent.

You say i'm violent and elitist and because i point out that your are?

This is the argumentative equivalent of "I know you are but what am I" ...

Ive been dealing with bullies all of my life. I know it when i see it. And i call a spade a spade.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:39 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,040,490 times
Quote:
You're kidding, right?
We are all on the same side. We are all humans making a journey through time and space. We are all on the same side making our way back to where we came from and it doesn't matter what religion we hold, the question is, can you Love the way Jesus did? That is the point of the human existance. That is the point of the journey. It was never about what religioius "side" you're on. It was never about religion at all. This whole time, since the beginning, it's been about LOVE.
There are no sides to life.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Fundamentalist. Your use of the proverbial "smoke screen" is excellent.

You say i'm violent and elitist and because i point out that your are?

This is the argumentative equivalent of "I know you are but what am I" ...

Ive been dealing with bullies all of my life. I know it when i see it. And i call a spade a spade.
Thank you but one problem with your illogical hilucination. You made post with the scathing judgment I didn't.

I merely pointed out that in the processs of you rebuking someone for being judgmental and condemning YOU YOURSELF ARE JUDGING AND CONDEMNING. You can't get away from that worldly logic. If you tell someone that they are wrong for judging then you are judging that person by telling them they are wrong.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:44 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,334,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I suppose you are right in that further questioning would be pointless... but the last 2 pages of this thread have been severely wandering into off-topicness. Let me try to bring it back on topic.

God is not wrong because there is an absolute standard of goodness that He follows. Now did He create this absolute standard of goodness, or did it implicitly exist? That is another debate.

So: what is this standard of Goodness? To sum it up, it is LOVE. It is God's essence, therefore God is the standard of goodness (love), therefore God cannot be wrong. Goodness and love inherently includes righteousness. This word "righteousness" also gives us a clue. To be righteous means to do the right thing, not the wrong thing. If God did the wrong thing He would not be righteous.

Now, one cannot call eternal torture "good" nor "loving" under any circumstance, therefore it is easy to see that eternal torture does not follow an absolute standard of goodness. Therefore if God does allow/cause people to be eternally tortured, He is not following the standard of goodness: This "god" would not be righteous and would be wrong.

God is not wrong because He is good. That is how we know He is not wrong. This also logically proves that God cannot allow eternal torture to exist.

That is, unless you believe eternal torture is a good thing. Who here believes eternal torture is good?
Being righteous comes from knowing the truth and sticking up for that truth. That truth comes from My experiences. No one can say God is wrong, cause God is perfect. How can God be wrong or Christ be wrong when the proof of His words stand for themselves. I actually think this question; how do we determine if God is wrong? quite irritating, cause man is trying to put himself on the same level as God. But, because God still loves his children, He has sent His Son to teach again and to bring salvation, both physical and spiritual. God does not commit wrong. Christ does not commit wrong cause He is God in the flesh. God's Son, Jesus Christ, personifies God Himself. So Christ can not be wrong either. Christ righteousness is pure truth for He knows the Truth. It is that Truth and Faithfulness that gave him title as King of Righteousness, King of Justice. So when Christ speaks of evil and the fires of hell he is not wrong for it is His purity of Truth and Faithfulness that determines His validity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity