Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 02:04 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,601,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I'm at a loss for words after watching that nonsense...this is the way you share the "Good News" with others? No wonder there are so many so called "Christian" hypocrits running around.

Thank God His way is soooooo much better. I would rather know someone has come to Christ because they truly love God than to know they have just "made the decision" to follow Christ to avoid burning in some torture chamber. There is no good news in that.
See we are not on the same side. We are not brothers and sisters in Christ. We don't share the same truth. We are no similar to each other than Mormons or JW. "koinonia"

1 John 1:6–7 (NIV)
6 If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 02:11 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,232,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
See we are not on the same side. We are not brothers and sisters in Christ. We don't share the same truth. We are no similar to each other than Mormons or JW. "koinonia"

1 John 1:6–7 (NIV)
6 If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
So what makes you so almighty righteous to believe that it is you walking in the light and us walking in the darkness...because we don't agree with you?

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:14 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,787,105 times
Quote:
So what makes you so almighty righteous to believe that it is you walking in the light and us walking in the darkness...because we don't agree with you?

So many fundamentalists know no shame ... That's is why they are fundamentalists ...

Old 09-23-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:

I didn't say I was walking in the light. I said, we both can't be walking in the light. One of us is wrong. I never said you were wrong. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:18 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,232,068 times
Quote:
I didn't say I was walking in the light. I said, we both can't be walking in the light. One of us is wrong. I never said you were wrong. Please don't put words in my mouth.
So then you're admitting that you could be wrong?

Old 09-23-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
So then you're admitting that you could be wrong?
Nope I am not wrong. I have the truth, same way you believe you have the truth, and mormons, JW believe as well but there is only ONE TRUTH. If we don't share the same truth then we can't possibly be walking together in the light.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:21 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,565,058 times
Quote:
"The good person test" pretty much sums up our gospel. Please try it. see if this is law thumping, legalism over your head gospel.

The Good Test
Oh Good Lord! It's funny, as hell, how the test goes through the commandments... one by one. Have you ever committed adultery? REMEMBER that anytime you have lusted after another person it counts as adultery. Well I had to answer guilty to that one... I'm married.

So basically we are guilty right? LOL there's no way out of it. But then the good news is that Jesus saved you.. well he will save you BUT you have to do this first. Then if you don't do this, this and this you may not be saved.

Oh and remember that if you die with unrepentant sins there is no purgatory ---> Straight to hell!

Such wonderful news.

Funny as hell though.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Oh Good Lord! It's funny, as hell, how the test goes through the commandments... .
Please don't use the Lord's name in vain. Thank you

Old 09-23-2009, 02:25 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,425,892 times
Quote:
Nope the good news is that while we were yet sinners and we all deserve hell because we broke God's Laws Jesus died for us so that if we repent and put our trust in Him then we are covered by the blood of Christ and when God sees me He sees Jesus and when God sees Jesus He sees me therefore I am seen righteous in God's sight and He will welcome me with open arms into heaven.

That's the good news! Thank you Jesus.
This is just religious nonesense and i would recommend quiting the church that teaches it and burn all the books that teach it.

The good news is God loved the world at its worst.

Romans 5 verse 8

8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

In otherwords He did not ask us to clean up our act before He was willing to demonstrate His love for us.

Titus 2 verse 11

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

In otherwords God revealed is heart to the world in Christ at Calvary.

This is what causes a man to repent Romans 2 verse 4.

You still keep getting repentance wrong as well , remember it's is goodness that causes repentance not condemnation. .

Old 09-23-2009, 02:26 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,565,058 times
Quote:
Nope the good news is that while we were yet sinners and we all deserve hell because we broke God's Laws Jesus died for us so that if we repent and put our trust in Him then we are covered by the blood of Christ and when God sees me He sees Jesus and when God sees Jesus He sees me therefore I am seen righteous in God's sight and He will welcome me with open arms into heaven.

That's the good news! Thank you Jesus.
This is the good news: (as I see it)

While we were yet sinners and we all deserve hell because we broke God's Laws, Jesus died for us so that we are covered by the blood of Christ and when God sees me, He sees Jesus and when God sees Jesus he sees me therefore I am seen as righteous in God's sight and He will welcome me with open arms into heaven.

Jesus covered us all in the blood, not just some. That is the only difference in my view.

But yet that is enough for you to say that some are not brothers and sisters of yours in Christ?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity