Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 01:56 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
Not hardly! God is never wrong. That's why only God has power over evil. What determines if God is wrong is God cause He is never wrong. So if God is never wrong He also determines it. I feel like I'm talking to a child, a very spoiled brat child. I don't get My way, then God is wrong. Grow up! in the spiritual sense. Your falling off a cliff into the abyss.

Your missing the point, your making assertions to what God has power over based on what you believe.

You believe God has power over evil, but from our perspective that is irrelevant. If God is evil in our perspective, he can force you to think it is good, so the final say is Gods, if he wants to torture all mankind, then it is good and if he tortures you, it is good because God will tell you it is good.

This always centers towards man justifying their beliefs by saying God makes the rules. This is why no one is at peace thinking God is good if he assigns them to burn forever in hell.

But there is no argument that says he will not burn you alive in hell because after all, God makes the rules, NOT you.

You will have no choice while burning alive in hell to understand that your opinion is pointless because if God says it's good, what the "hell" are you going to do about it.

There is no argument from this perspective that brings a man any hope, you cannot argue that God cannot burn you alive in a place that he created for such a purpose. The final say is Gods, not what you say, do or think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 02:02 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
Not hardly! God is never wrong. That's why only God has power over evil. What determines if God is wrong is God cause He is never wrong. So if God is never wrong He also determines it. I feel like I'm talking to a child, a very spoiled brat child. I don't get My way, then God is wrong. Grow up! in the spiritual sense. Your falling off a cliff into the abyss.
Actually, God didn't create evil so He has no control over it. Evil is a creation of man so man must be the one to control and overcome it.
God also does not determine if He is wrong. God is never wrong. It's humans who decree that God is wrong because humans create things and situations and blame God. God is good in every sense of the word so nothing evil or negative can come from that. What has been portrayed as something God did in the negative is only mans misguided actions.

We were created good and because of our own free will, we created evil. In order to rid evil from the earth and ourselves, we have to be the ones to get rid of it either in our own souls or in the world in which we projected that truth.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:11 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,642 times
God Created Evil...Period.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:38 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
No God did NOT. . . Period!

Old 09-22-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes He Did ...I Am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God besides Me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known Me.
They that may know from the rising of the Sun, and from the West, that there is none beside Me, I Am the LORD, and there is none else.
I FORM THE LIGHT, AND CREATE DARKNESS: I MAKE PEACE, AND CREATE EVIL: I THE LORD DO ALL THESE THINGS. Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together: I the LORD hath created it!...Period. EXCLAMATION POINT!

Isaiah 45:5-8.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend1111 View Post
actually, god didn't create evil so he has no control over it. Evil is a creation of man so man must be the one to control and overcome it.
...wrong!

Old 09-22-2009, 05:28 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,758,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
God on trial?

I have borowed this statement from another thread to ask this question. even though it is a universalist thread, it is NOT about universalism but fully understanding God's sovereignty, limitlessness and our finite limits. Atheists can join in because I always love hearing different worldly theories as long as we don't get too emotional (Remember God doesn't exist so why get upset talking about unicorns and faries)

This statement alone is self-refuting. If God is real and does what we humans consider to be unspeakable like sending babies to hell, then under what authority do we have to condemn God? by what moral right do we have to judge him? God doesn't do good things, whatever God does is good regardless what we think. How do we determine that God is wrong? To me this is circular logic regardless if you believe in God or not.

Ravi Zacchariahs said and I quote,
"In an attempt to escape what they call the contradiction between a good God and a world of evil, atheists try to dance around the reality of a moral law (and hence, a moral law giver) by introducing terms like “evolutionary ethics”. The one who raises the question against God in effect plays God while denying He exists. Now one may wonder: why do you actually need a moral law giver if you have a moral law? The answer is because the questioner and the issue he or she questions always involve the essential value of a person. You can never talk of morality in abstraction. Persons are implicit to the question and the object of the question. In a nutshell, positing a moral law without a moral law giver would be equivalent to raising the question of evil without a questioner. So you cannot have a moral law unless the moral law itself is intrinsically woven into personhood, which means it demands an intrinsically worthy person if the moral law itself is valued. And that person can only be God."
By what moral right? If god eternally tortures babies, or anyone for that matter, then he is not only infinitely vindictive ... He is a hypocrite. Jesus tells us love our enemies, pray for those who spitefully abuse us, and to bless those who persecute us. If God tortures anyone forever, or even for a small period of time, He has double standards.

Of course this is not the case. Only misinformed or otherwise uneducated Christians believe in eternal torture. It goes against every moral fiber of the ministry of Christ and his example of love and forgiveness even for those who denied him and murdered him.

"father forgive them, they know not what they do."

Jesus asked god to forgive the children of the devil ... Guess what? God will do as Christ asked.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 09-22-2009 at 06:21 PM..

Old 09-22-2009, 06:06 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,330,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
By what moral right? If god eternally tortures babies, or anyone for that matter, then he is not only infinitely vindictive ... He is a hypocrite. Jesus tells us love our enemies, pray for those who spitefully abuse us, and to bless those who persecute us. If God tortures anyone forever, or even for a small period of time, He has double standards.

Of course this is not the case. Only misinformed or otherwise uneducated Christians believe in eternal torture. It goes against every moral fiber of the ministry of Christ and his example of love and forgiveness even for those who denied him and murdered him.

"father forgive them, they know not what they do."

Jesus asked god to forgive the children of the devil, guess what? God will do as Christ asked.
You are surely right. Did not the rains come to an end in Georgia and the sun come out today, the waters receded after a prayer was posted? Did not rain come to southern California after a prayer was posted? Did not a Cat.5 typhoon weaken within each hour after a prayer was posted for a child who asked out of love?

In this God shows His kindness to His Son. God is never wrong and never did wrong. For He is as pure as light with no darkness.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:13 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,693 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:
[/color]...wrong!

Chick Fight!!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 06:26 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,330,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Your missing the point, your making assertions to what God has power over based on what you believe.

You believe God has power over evil, but from our perspective that is irrelevant. If God is evil in our perspective, he can force you to think it is good, so the final say is Gods, if he wants to torture all mankind, then it is good and if he tortures you, it is good because God will tell you it is good.

This always centers towards man justifying their beliefs by saying God makes the rules. This is why no one is at peace thinking God is good if he assigns them to burn forever in hell.

But there is no argument that says he will not burn you alive in hell because after all, God makes the rules, NOT you.

You will have no choice while burning alive in hell to understand that your opinion is pointless because if God says it's good, what the "hell" are you going to do about it.

There is no argument from this perspective that brings a man any hope, you cannot argue that God cannot burn you alive in a place that he created for such a purpose. The final say is Gods, not what you say, do or think.
God gives you a say! You have a choice to believe that through His Son, Jesus Christ comes salvation. God is not going to burn you in hell if you believe in His Son. Christ taught; no one comes to the Father unless they come to me. In this, Christ opens the doors to heaven and the Kingdom of God. And that is why in the Second Coming Christ builds the Kingdom of God on Earth. To bring people back to Him.

If people contend there is no God and no Christ with indignant voices, why should He save you from the flames of hell? He has given many chances to redeem yourselves. All the way up to death.

I tell you that God is a kind and loving God. Why else would He allow His Son to be crucified? Cause He knows the weaknesses of man. Now, don't get me wrong, to murder someone is a grave sin, cause you took a life that God gave and you just can't be born again one day and think your going to heaven. You have to answer to Him.

I make no assertions. God came into My life as a child and told Me and showed Me the things to come. I am True and Faithful. If I lie, I would make My Father a liar.

So I know what determines God's will and His Truthfulness. And in that Truthfulness there is no wrong in God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity