Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 01:45 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,787,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
You're kidding, right?
We are all on the same side. We are all humans making a journey through time and space. We are all on the same side making our way back to where we came from and it doesn't matter what religion we hold, the question is, can you Love the way Jesus did? That is the point of the human existance. That is the point of the journey. It was never about what religioius "side" you're on. It was never about religion at all. This whole time, since the beginning, it's been about LOVE.
There are no sides to life.

Honestly, i believe even the pharisees like fundamentalist and twin.spin will be saved. If that makes me violent and elitist i guess i dont know what those words mean.

If defending humanity from hate crimes and spiritual violence makes me evil, so be it. I love every human being alive, and ill go to my grave defending the souls of every one against the monstrous threats of organized religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 01:46 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,232,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I didn't say it was part of your gospel. I said it was a part of our gospel. We are not on the same side.
Exactly what is your gospel?

Old 09-23-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
His gospel is eternal torture for the vast majority of humanity ... Isn't that obvious? That is his "good news".

Old 09-23-2009, 01:48 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,601,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
"The good person test" pretty much sums up our gospel. Please try it. see if this is law thumping, legalism over your head gospel.

The Good Test

Old 09-23-2009, 01:53 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,040,490 times
The thing is, when things are spoken about God in any negative way, those are just mans ideas. God cannot be wrong or err. God is everything that is good and righteous. There is not one iota of negative in the soul of God. That also means God did not create evil or hell or sin. Man created all of the negatives all by himself.
Man can put words in a book and say that Jesus or God said them when in fact, it was man who put the words to the paper and gave them human meaning. Hell is only a soul that is in darkness. It's a condition of the soul and it does become real if the soul truely believes it once in the spirit world. There is no eternal hell or torture or anything like that. Those are mans ideas. We are responsible for our own souls. We are the ones who have to raise ourselves out of the darkness and get back into the light of Love. God does not do that for us. God will love those in darkness but He can do nothing until that soul decides, on his own, to follow the light.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:57 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,040,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Honestly, i believe even the pharisees like fundamentalist and twin.spin will be saved. If that makes me violent and elitist i guess i dont know what those words mean.

If defending humanity from hate crimes and spiritual violence makes me evil, so be it. I love every human being alive, and ill go to my grave defending the souls of every one against the monstrous threats of organized religion.
It may take them a while though.

I honestly don't understand why so many think that we need fear in our lives in place of love. To me, it's so much easier to just love than to live in fear. I don't even fear death and I honestly can't wait to die. I have this nagging suspicion though, that I'll be here for quite some time.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:59 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,601,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
His gospel is eternal torture for the vast majority of humanity ... Isn't that obvious? That is his "good news".
Nope the good news is that while we were yet sinners and we all deserve hell because we broke God's Laws Jesus died for us so that if we repent and put our trust in Him then we are covered by the blood of Christ and when God sees me He sees Jesus and when God sees Jesus He sees me therefore I am seen righteous in God's sight and He will welcome me with open arms into heaven.

That's the good news! Thank you Jesus.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:02 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,232,068 times
Quote:
"The good person test" pretty much sums up our gospel. Please try it. see if this is law thumping, legalism over your head gospel.

The Good Test
I'm at a loss for words after watching that nonsense...this is the way you share the "Good News" with others? No wonder there are so many so called "Christian" hypocrits running around.

Thank God His way is soooooo much better. I would rather know someone has come to Christ because they truly love God than to know they have just "made the decision" to follow Christ to avoid burning in some torture chamber. There is no good news in that.

6,657 posts, read 8,155,660 times
Quote:
Nope the good news is that while we were yet sinners and we all deserve hell because we broke God's Laws Jesus died for us so that if we repent and put our trust in Him then we are covered by the blood of Christ and when God sees me He sees Jesus and when God sees Jesus He sees me therefore I am seen righteous in God's sight and He will welcome me with open arms into heaven.

That's the good news! Thank you Jesus.
Fundy, is it good that people are sent into eternal torture in hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
It may take them a while though.

I honestly don't understand why so many think that we need fear in our lives in place of love. To me, it's so much easier to just love than to live in fear. I don't even fear death and I honestly can't wait to die. I have this nagging suspicion though, that I'll be here for quite some time.
Well the dross and slime of their religious hatred and bigotry will have to be burned away first, but eventually they will receive the truth of the love of God for all men, and his plan to eventually save them one way or another. And then they will praise God in truth with a joyous song, along with every other human being who has ever lived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity