Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:29 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,320,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Peace to you Miss Shawn...
My debating you will do nothing but tear us further apart.
And I don't wish for that to happen.
I see God's plan as an absolute masterpiece and only wish for others to see it in the way that gives full glory to Him.
There are scriptures on top of scriptures that tell of the Father being ALL in ALL. If you don't see it, you don't see it.
And while you are still my sister...
I cannot keep this wonderful good news to myself.
I will keep proclaiming His majesty.
He is far better than you give Him credit for.

peace.
That's strange, how could you feel that this would tear us apart. I am simply reading scripture. I don't hold grudges and don't walk around hating people.

If you feel that debating would tear us apart, then your faith must not be strong enough on your half. There is nothing here that would make me dislike someone or as you say tear us apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 09:31 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,787,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Get over your "eternal torture" bit Ironmaw...I'm tired of it! I'm talking DEATH!!! DEAD!!! DONE!!! AWAY FROM THE PRESENCE OF GOD FOR ALL ETERNITY!!! READ THE WORD FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!
(Ironmaw1776 looks scared and cowers under the bed) ... Okay "cant live without your eternal death" ... for Verna ... And "eternal Torture" for those who believe in that. I dont believe in eternal death. I believe what the bible says, that death will be the last enemy swallowed up in victory.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:31 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,682,749 times
Quote:
The overwhelming irony is those who believe in eternal torment are citing the very verses that are actually about their beliefs!
No, the overwhelming irony is this sparrow...that nothing is mentioned in my OP about eternal torment...BECAUSE I DO NOT NECESSARILY BELIEVE IN ETERNAL TORMENT...EXCEPT that being out of the presence of God forever IS ETERNAL TORMENT!!!...and about the VERY VERSES that I cited ARE THE WORDS OF GOD...NOT MINE!!!...and YES!...I DO believe them...YOU DO NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spqrrow
Yes. Your false beliefs are on the wide path of destruction.
You will not be destroyed, for God loves you. But your beliefs that God would allow anyone to be lost forever will be burned off of you and destroyed forever.
MY FALSE BELIEFS!...IT IS GOD'S WORD! GO AHEAD... CHOP HIS WORDS UP SPARROW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow
Those who say evil is good and good, evil.
Cannot see straight.
...What, in God's name are you even talking about? Have I said evil is good or good is evil?...where on God's green earth did you come up with this? I would say this is exactly what you and the others who think like you do are saying!!! Man...talk about twisting things up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow
WWJD? "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do..."
BUT YOU KNOW!!!

Old 09-24-2009, 09:32 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,538,965 times
Verna,
I agree that God's Word warning about unbelief also, that God holds the unbeliever accountable is true. And yes it can and is frustrating that some can not or will not believe.

A fault of mine is that this message can be done as God says through Peter, would be more pleasing to God. God knows that I'm guilty.....

1 Peter 3:15-16
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander."

Twin

Old 09-24-2009, 09:35 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,973,372 times
Verna... Why do you not have peace?
You seem very upset. Father has given us the peace that surpasses all understanding. You are upset perhaps because God is trying to tell you something, sister. Now I know you see me as an "evildoer" because I believe that Jesus is the saviour of all mankind and that no-one will be lost forever... but perhaps you can put that aside for a moment and just listen to me. Is God trying to tell you something?

His burden is light...
He gives us the peace that surpasses all understanding.

Something is wrong with this picture. of folks screaming about people being lost forever!! Would God do that? He created us. We did not ask to be created. He is our Creator, He is ultimately responsible for the creation. Every knee WILL bow and confess Jesus is saviour.
EVERY. Those who are steeped in sin, need love more than any of us.
Father SEES this and KNOWS this. HE will LEAVE the 99 to find the ONE who is lost. ALWAYS. Verna.... ALWAYS.

Think about it.
You wish to do His will...
You want to follow Him...

But your words speak not of peace.
At all.

Perhaps, God is trying to tell you something.
Something needs to be shaken off of you.
Something needs to be destroyed.
That darkness that is the belief that Father will destroy even ONE has no business in your heart.

HE did not put it there.

Ask Him, Verna.

Ask Him if He put it there.
Don't scream about the Bible.
Don't quote verses.
Quietly, go to Father.... and ask Him.

I love you.
And I think Father wants to give you the TRUE peace that surpasses all understanding.

No need to respond to this.
Just, keep it in mind.
That's all I ask.
I won't bother you anymore if you just keep that in mind.
I think you are a good person, Verna...
And I know God loves you.

Romans 8:15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!â€

Old 09-24-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Verna,
I agree that God's Word warning about unbelief is held accountable is true. And yes it can and is frustrating that some can not or will not believe.

I would say that if there could be a way that this message can be done as God says through Peter, would be more pleasing to God. God knows that I'm guilty.....

1 Peter 3:15-16
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander."

Twin
YES, you are right. Sometimes you just have to let things be, it may be wrong, but it is what it is.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:37 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,973,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
That's strange, how could you feel that this would tear us apart. I am simply reading scripture. I don't hold grudges and don't walk around hating people.

If you feel that debating would tear us apart, then your faith must not be strong enough on your half. There is nothing here that would make me dislike someone or as you say tear us apart.

Well, you seemed to be angry. You projected things onto me, "I take it you don't want to hear that" and you rolled your eyes at me.

I'd rather not keep that type of flame lit.

again, peace to you.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:38 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,682,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Well Verna,

I believe this to the 100% implication that it raises. Whatever the means.

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

1Jn 4:14 . And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son [to be] the Saviour of the world.

Who am I to doubt it?
His Son WAS sent to be the Savior of the World...because no one is exempt...but you MUST stake a CLAIM on His truth FIRST!!! His Word is VERY, VERY CLEAR about what He will do with those who are found in their iniquities...read the Scripture I posted...chop it up for us Phaze!

Last edited by Verna Perry; 09-24-2009 at 09:54 PM..

Old 09-24-2009, 09:39 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,512,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
No, the overwhelming irony is this sparrow...that nothing is mentioned in my OP about eternal torment...BECAUSE I DO NOT NECESSARILY BELIEVE IN ETERNAL TORMENT...EXCEPT that being out of the presence of God forever IS ETERNAL TORMENT!!!...and about the VERY VERSES that I cited ARE THE WORDS OF GOD...NOT MINE!!!...and YES!...I DO believe them...YOU DO NOT!

MY FALSE BELIEFS!...IT IS GOD'S WORD! GO AHEAD... CHOP HIS WORDS UP SPARROW!

...What, in God's name are you even talking about? Have I said evil is good or good is evil?...where on God's green earth did you come up with this? I would say this is exactly what you and the others who think like you do are saying!!! Man...talk about twisting things up!!

BUT YOU KNOW!!!
You seem to have this strong desire to be right or make others believe as you do. So much angst in your post. God is the creator of ALL things,so let not your heart be troubled ,verna.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Well, you seemed to be angry. You projected things onto me, "I take it you don't want to hear that" and you rolled your eyes at me.

I'd rather not keep that type of flame lit.

again, peace to you.
LOL, you say that I am angry from the other side of the screen. LOL, I am not angry, but rather amused. There is nothing here that could make me angry, laugh, but not angry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity