Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:39 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,510,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Verna, what about the poor young kids who might come across this message board who are Hindu or some other religion whose loved ones have passed away who never believed in Jesus but whom those kids loved who looking for some comfort and truth find your teachings about eternal separation of unbelievers? Do you care how they feel and the effect you're having on their belief and their faith? Do you think telling them their dead relatives are in hell and to be eternally separated from their loved one and God because they were not Christians makes them want to be a Christian? Or do you think it makes them slander the name of Jesus?
Amen, my brother. God`s great plan is good news for ALL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 10:41 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,964,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Going this route is meaningless, nothing contradicts what Jesus will accomplish.

That's my take. It's not up to either of us in the final count, God has shown me that I can trust him 100% to accomplish what he desires, it really doesn't matter if you laugh at me about it.
Amen.

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:42 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,678,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
God created them ,Verna, did he not? God is a just and fair God, is he not?
All that belong to Jesus he will not lose. Can we agree on that?
So many believe that it is up to them to win souls for Christ. God is in control,Verna. This is his creation. He knows what is going on. If you fear that people will be destroyed forever because of something that a fellow human does or doesn`t do then that puts the burden of saving them on us. It puts the burden of whether someone has eternal life or not on mere humans. God knows what is going on. It is not left up to us ,Verna. God is just and fair. Trust in him. Put your faith in him. Lay your yoke on him,Verna. Put it in his hands and you will find that peace that so many are searching for. You will find that peace that surpasses all understanding. God Bless.
P.S. Pour a glass of wine and go to my quiet storm thread. You will find peace there. June already has.
...Thank you spm...

Old 09-24-2009, 10:42 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,963,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I am not going to laugh at you, it is sad that you quote scripture, that you didn't even bother to read the entire scripture.

I read plenty, then we get in an argument over that, but none of what you will tell me it means changes what Jesus was sent for.

I believe the purpose he was sent for gets accomplished 100% because it is GOD, it is not YOU telling me what something is that gets it done.

There is no LOL you can type or sadness you might have or any other remark you'd like to make, that will get me to doubt that. I've seen to many miracles in my life time to believe any other thing.

Go try to convince someone else to doubt, not happening here. Been there done that.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:47 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,317,144 times
Quote:
I read plenty, then we get in an argument over that, but none of what you will tell me it means changes what Jesus was sent for.

I believe the purpose he was sent for gets accomplished 100% because it is GOD, it is not YOU telling me what something is that gets it done.

There is no LOL you can type or sadness you might have or any other remark you'd like to make, that will get me to doubt that. I've seen to many miracles in my life time to believe any other thing.

Go try to convince someone else to doubt, not happening here. Been there done that.
I'm not trying to convince you of anything and I never got into an arguement with you, it's called debating. It is so strange that most UR's, think someone is angry, or arguing, by simply posting scripture. Serious problems.

I think it is simply funny that you quote something that you didn't have the common sense to read the entire text. Yes, I also have seen God work in ways, and miracles. But that is another thread.

I only hope to convince you to read an entire scripture before you quote something, that is the smart thing to do.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Verna, what about the poor young kids who might come across this message board who are Hindu or some other religion whose loved ones have passed away who never believed in Jesus but whom those kids loved who looking for some comfort and truth find your teachings about eternal separation of unbelievers? Do you care how they feel and the effect you're having on their belief and their faith? Do you think telling them their dead relatives are in hell and to be eternally separated from their loved one and God because they were not Christians makes them want to be a Christian? Or do you think it makes them slander the name of Jesus?
What I DID actually say, is this:

"I hear over and over again from those who believe that God will not cast out, forever, those who are found to be in sin...who have read and heard the Word of God stating so, but have CHOSEN to ignore His warnings!..." I believe that God knows who has and who has not had the opportunity to hear about Him...and when they read this forum and know the Truth, God will draw out of them to come closer to Him...and they can decide to ...or not. At least they were told the truth and could make an honest choice about it!! If they only had your "take"...they will not even have been given the chance to make the correct choice!

Old 09-24-2009, 10:53 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,963,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I'm not trying to convince you of anything and I never got into an arguement with you, it's called debating. It is so strange that most UR's, think someone is angry, or argueing, by simply posting scripture. Serious problems.

I think it is simply funny that you quote something that you didn't have the common sense to read the entire text. Yes, I also have seen God work in ways, and miracles. But that is another thread.

I only hope to convince you to read an entire scripture before you quote something, that is the smart thing to do.
Right

Jesus will accomplish his purpose 100%, thats what the whole bible says.

G,nite,

Old 09-24-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
I'm inspired my dear ... Thanks for the opportunity to get my message out in such a concise manner ...

Would you like me to give you the same opportunity by providing a list of verses for you to explain in light of hell and or ET? Just say the word ...
I could probably quote said verses to you Ironmaw...I have heard them so much! Don't even waist your time...because I am not biting!

Old 09-24-2009, 10:54 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,907,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
What I DID actually say, is this:

"I hear over and over again from those who believe that God will not cast out, forever, those who are found to be in sin...who have read and heard the Word of God stating so, but have CHOSEN to ignore His warnings!..." I believe that God knows who has and who has not had the opportunity to hear about Him...and when they read this forum and know the Truth, God will draw out of them to come closer to Him...and they can decide to ...or not. At least they were told the truth and could make an honest choice about it!! If they only had your "take"...they will not even have been given the chance to make the correct choice!
Psalm 107 tells me that the redeemed of the LORD first heard God's word and rebelled against it. Only after the evil results came from ignoring God did they turn to God for mercy.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:55 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,317,144 times
Quote:
Right

Jesus will accomplish his purpose 100%, thats what the whole bible says.

G,nite,
Yes, Jesus will accomplish His purpose, but you are leaving out a lot of what else He says that He will do.

Anyway, it's late, and I'm tired. Goodmorning, actually!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity