Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 10:31 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,259,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
You have a son. He dies for your whole family so they can live and be safe. Yet one of your other sons deny His death was for your safety.

How would that make you feel?>>>sciotamicks
Several questions I would have to ask first before I would state my feelings.

First: Why was the family in jeopardy in the first place necessitating being saved by the death of a son?

Second: Why this particular family and not others?

Third: If in the death of the son bring freedom to the rest of the families,
would it not be a good thing to let them know?

Fourth: Because you are the other son, who unless accepts the reasoning behind the death of your brother, remain still, as though freedom is just an illusion, and still under bondage.

My feelings are that because I know why my brother died for me, I now am free, and willing to if called to, do the same for my other brothers and sisters.

Who are my brothers and sisters?

They are they that I have a responsibility to give an account of why I believe my brothers death was justified to set them free.

Blessings, AJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 10:34 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,445,139 times
katonjj,

I apologize in advance, but I believe you have a gift of twisting words around without even knowing it.

Salvation is given freely by our Creator through the death of His Son.

When you profess your belief in Christ, all the blessings of that salvation God has promised throughout scripture, which was given freely comes onto you. That is being saved. Being saved is a status of living within the Covenant promises of that salvation....which was given freely to all mankind.

If you do not profess your belief in Jesus Christ, you do not get those blessings that have already been given to you.

When you die, without that blessing, you go to Hell.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:39 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,109,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Amen!.....

Finally, someone has got it right around here!!!!!

Praise GOD!

the Grace of God is sufficient to save all mankind, and efficient in doing so in the lives of us who have turned to him in faith....

Old 10-11-2009, 10:48 AM

63,949 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
When you profess your belief in Christ, all the blessings of that salvation God has promised throughout scripture, which was given freely comes onto you. That is being saved. Being saved is a status of living within the Covenant promises of that salvation....which was given freely to all mankind.

If you do not profess your belief in Jesus Christ, you do not get those blessings that have already been given to you.
I await your explanation of how we "profess" belief in Jesus Christ. Also . . . please explain how you do NOT GET what has ALREADY BEEN GIVEN to you?
Quote:
Translation: IF you don't believe THE WAY I DO . . . God is gonna get you!

Old 10-11-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post

First: Why was the family in jeopardy in the first place necessitating being saved by the death of a son?
Of Eternal Damnantion....this is an anoalogy of the Christ story.
But I will answer your questions.

Quote:
Second: Why this particular family and not others?
This family is like Israel.....Jew and Gentile.

Quote:
Third: If in the death of the son bring freedom to the rest of the families,
would it not be a good thing to let them know?
Hmmmm...didn't I say that the other son denied the purpose and death of the one who submitted himself for?

Quote:
Fourth: Because you are the other son, who unless accepts the reasoning behind the death of your brother, remain still, as though freedom is just an illusion, and still under bondage.
Huh?

Quote:
My feelings are that because I know why my brother died for me, I now am free, and willing to if called to, do the same for my other brothers and sisters.

Who are my brothers and sisters?

They are they that I have a responsibility to give an account of why I believe my brothers death was justified to set them free.

Blessings, AJ
Exactly. Spread the word so they don't die eternally.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I await your explanation of how we "profess" belief in Jesus Christ. Also . . . please explain how you do NOT GET what has ALREADY BEEN GIVEN to you?
Translation: IF you don't believe THE WAY I DO . . . God is gonna get you!
Why are you making something so simple, to be so complicated?

I believe that if you don't accept Christ as your personal savior, you are going to hell. SImple as that. That is what the Bible teaches.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Amen!.....

Finally, someone has got it right around here!!!!!

Praise GOD!

the Grace of God is sufficient to save all mankind, and efficient in doing so in the lives of us who have turned to him in faith....
By reading your posts, I knew you would agree. I don't understand what is so difficult with this. SOLA SCRIPTURA brothers and sisters.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Why are you making something so simple, to be so complicated?

I believe that if you don't accept Christ as your personal savior, you are going to hell. SImple as that. That is what the Bible teaches.
Simplistic is not the same as simple. It is your view that is complicated and twisted to accomodate a desire to be special in some way. ALL of humankind has the consciousness of Jesus (who loves us ALL) which enables us to join with God upon our "rebirth" as Spirit after our physical death. The only danger is not being successfully "reborn" as Spirit(failure) . . . which has consequences (but not eternal ones).

Old 10-11-2009, 11:08 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,109,584 times
Quote:
. SOLA SCRIPTURA brothers and sisters.
That seems to have been replaced with a new rule...

"Sola What I Want It To Say", is now the new way to go it seems....

Old 10-11-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
That seems to have been replaced with a new rule...

"Sola What I Want It To Say", is now the new way to go it seems....
No . . . it is a rejection of the "Sola what ancient primitive savage animal and baby sacrificers say."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity