Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 06:45 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Then that explains it. Sorry I haven't noticed. Let me ask you, since I respect your opnion greatly, what verses brought you to this conclusion?

This goes for others too here, so I can address each and every one, as best as I can.
Sciotamicks ... To express every detail of how i ascertain from the scripture that God is the savior of all men, especially those that believe(1 Tim 4:10) would go far beyond the scope of the OP of this thread. Perhaps you would be interested in a private discussion on this issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 06:46 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,258,158 times
Quote:
So you are saying that if you believe in Christ you live live eternally?

I agree with this...what I don't agree with, and the scripture taught me that, is if you don't believe in Christ, you will die.

Do you agree with that?
First of all, we are/were all lost ;Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

So, if we are condemned already for none belief, how could we again be condemned, meaning lost to eternity?

So, belief in Christ is the salvation of our souls, otherwise we remain in a condemned state.

Only one option.... believe, otherwise, condemnation remains.

But, here's the but, even if there is no faith place in Jesus while alive, at death, the individual will bow at the feet of Jesus and know the redeemer of his soul and be saved.

Hell was a holding place for the departed souls prior to Jesus' coming, until Jesus paid the price and brought liberation to all the departed souls held in prison.

What is not understood today, because of the teachings on hell, is that Christ eliminated the holding place.

Ref: Psa 107:16 For he hath broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder.

Jesus is deprived of the residue of His years, because He was cut off.

Isa 38:10 I said in the cutting off of my days, I shall go to the gates of the grave: I am deprived of the residue of my years.

The gates of death are those same gates of Iron.

Heavens gates are brass.

Both gates, iron and brass both opened by Christ: Ref: Psa 24:7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

The first to enter in with righteouness, has done so for all of us.

Blessings, AJ

Old 10-11-2009, 09:59 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is a plea to remain ignorant and blindly adhere to primitive interpretations and understandings of God. It is these very mankind derived views of God that you wish to maintain in the face of 2000+ years of human knowledge.
So what is God breathed, as in the scripture, is primitive?

Quote:
Changing the primitive intepretations of God produced by savages is NOT God changing
Savages?....Primitive interpretation? R U Serious Mystic?

Quote:
it is humankind getting smarter and understanding God better.
This I can agree with, when it comes to eschatology. Not when it comes to the doctrines of the New Covenant Paul, Peter, Jesus and so forth laid out.

Quote:
Jealousy is a negative human emotion born of our human weakness and ego needs . . God has NO weakness or ego needs to protect. To attribute to God ANY of the negative human emotions born of our human weaknesses is to blaspheme God's perfection. God is LOVE . . . there is NO jealousy, wrath, anger, hatred, vengeance, etc. . . . in Him.
You are kidding right? What does the scripture say?

This is the deal....Jesus was very explicit about His word...don't add to it.
Revelation 22:18-19

It appears that you, as a UR'er, and every one else are somehow, "enlightened" per se, about the omnipotency and omnipresence of God. You have added, as well as twisted the scripture to fit the paradigm that is lodged within human emotion for the need to be reconciled into the kingdom of Heaven via your own pursuit of the flesh. What you all are failing to understand is that the kingdom of Heaven is like a child's innocence, simple and straightforward.

Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

This enlightened and more knowledgable tenets that are being presented to me here, is not only outright contrary to the word of God, it is derived from the human members of the corruptible flesh that exists in all of us. You were explicitly told that the battle lie within that margin of separation. Now I see my purpose at ths board.

Continue on, for this is my cross to bear here.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Sciotamicks ... To express every detail of how i ascertain from the scripture that God is the savior of all men, especially those that believe(1 Tim 4:10) would go far beyond the scope of the OP of this thread. Perhaps you would be interested in a private discussion on this issue?
Sure...I will PM my Addy.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Sure...I will PM my Addy.
Okay i have sent you the first email. You should have my address by now as well. Take a look and give me a shout ...

Sorry to have gone off OP everyone ...

Old 10-11-2009, 10:11 PM

Jesus is Lord only of those who voluntarily submit to His lordship. Those who have not submitted to His lordship are at enmity with Him .

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Jesus is Lord only of those who voluntarily submit to His lordship. Those who have not submitted to His lordship are at enmity with Him .

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
I will wait and discuss all these things with you through email ... Anyone else who cares to answer your questions or debate you on the point can do so here ...

Old 10-11-2009, 10:30 PM

63,834 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
So what is God breathed, as in the scripture, is primitive?Savages?....Primitive interpretation? R U Serious Mystic?
Inspirations are received non-verbally (visions, experiences, dreams, meditative states, etc.) They must be converted to verbal descriptions using the knowledge, understanding of human weakness, culture, expectations about God, etc. of the minds that receive them. The minds that received these inspirations (God-breathed), especially the OT ones, were beyond savage. The whole idea of a sacrifice to God (for ANY reason) is perverse and savage on its face. Yet these people routinely did it for centuries . . . many sacrificed their own babies to Baal and Morloch, etc. You have been relying on the concepts of God and His role toward us produced by these savages and have revised and changed nothing during 2000+ years of human knowledge accumulation. You have nothing to teach me, sciotamicks. Everything I have come to understand during my decades long relationship with God and my understanding of science and the accumulated human knowledge is entirely consistent. AND . . . it points to Jesus as the ONLY way for ANY of us to join God. But it has nothing to do with professing a belief or even possessing knowledge of Him.

God's consciousness is the source of the universal field that makes all of our science possible and provides the consistency to the universe. Jesus is the only human that attained a perfect and identical consciousness to God. Identical consciousness = same person. When He died and was reborn as Spirit . . . and He became a permanent part of ALL human consciousness as the Holy Spirit providing the perfect connection between humans and God. When we are reborn as Spirit after our deaths . . . we have a way to join God through Jesus's Holy Spirit in love. Jesus's love for us ALL provides the grace and perfection for our imperfections.

The difference between my beliefs and yours are that mine are in line with a thorough spiritual (not carnal) understanding of scripture AND entirely consistent with known science . . . no magic or special "supernatural" powers required.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

The difference between my beliefs and yours are that mine are in line with a thorough spiritual (not carnal) understanding of scripture AND entirely consistent with known science . . . no magic or special "supernatural" powers required.
They are a metaphysical understanding of the Word of God, which is not, I repeat, not in line with the scripture Mystic. It is precisely an enhancement of the flesh, the carnal centered, and based on self deifying and a secret interpretation of the Word of God, which is precisely, and contrary to the first century Christian apostles and disciples understanding of the Christ. I am just a simple Preterist, but what do I know?

Old 10-12-2009, 02:07 PM

63,834 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
They are a metaphysical understanding of the Word of God, which is not, I repeat, not in line with the scripture Mystic. It is precisely an enhancement of the flesh, the carnal centered, and based on self deifying and a secret interpretation of the Word of God, which is precisely, and contrary to the first century Christian apostles and disciples understanding of the Christ. I am just a simple Preterist, but what do I know?
This abominable retention of ancient primitive concepts of God produced by savage minds with barely controlled human weaknesses (rage, wrath, anger, jealousy, hatred, desire to be worshiped, desire to rule over others, etc.etc.) is what needs to change, sciotamicks. We have become too knowledgeable about ourselves and our reality to retain such primitive ideas of God or our purpose. The ONLY "sacrifices" God is interested in are the personal ones we make by rejecting our selfish negative carnal urges and weaknesses with love. The ONLY reason God is interested in those kinds of "sacrifices" is because they help us to mature spiritually in preparation for our rebirth as Spirit upon our death.

Just because the idea of sacrifice for God was misunderstood and translated into killing poor little lambs . . . (or for the more barbarous killing their own babies and burning them for Baal or Moloch) . . . does not mean that has anything to do with what God requires from us. God needs NOTHING . . . He is God . . for pete's sake!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity