Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 11:15 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,105,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No . . . it is a rejection of the "Sola what ancient primitive savage animal and baby sacrificers say."
so you reject the story of Christ because you don't like the type of people who lived back in the Bible times?

That seems a bit silly...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
baby sacrificers
this phrase reminded me of something.

a while back a non-believer was attacking the Bible because he felt it was written by people that used to sacrifice their children.
To prove this he listed the story found in genesis where a girl is killed by her dad, and of the story of Abraham.
He said he would NEVER trust a book written by people that would put to death their own child.

The problem was that later on a different topic he defended ABORTION and said a woman had a right to kill her own child if she wanted......

Old 10-11-2009, 11:24 AM

63,834 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
so you reject the story of Christ because you don't like the type of people who lived back in the Bible times?

That seems a bit silly...
STOP lying . . . I do NOT reject the story of Christ . . . I understand it through intelligence . . . not the interpretations of savage minds in literal reading of their recordings. How ANY modern intellect can accept the interpretations and understandings of ancient savages as the ABSOLUTE truth about ANYTHING escapes me. How it can have been accepted and promoted for 2000+ years speaks to the power of indoctrinaton and coercion fueled by human desire for control of others through intimidation.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
STOP lying . . . I do NOT reject the story of Christ . . ..
what I see people doing, is saying that they believe in Jesus, but then turning around and saying they dont trust what the bible tells us about Jesus.

This leads a person to wonder where they get this "Extra-Biblical" information?

Anyway, I dont actually care where they get their information from if it's outside the Bible anyway, so the point is moot.

What I know and believe in, is that we can trust the words of Christ, and that the Bible is trustworthy and will bring us to a true knowledge of God..

and I also know that people that think they don't need to put their trust in the bible to learn about God are lost...and without a clue as to what God is like.

Another thing I believe is true.
If a person comes up with a teaching about God on their own, and this teaching goes against what we read in the Bible about God?...then the person is in error.

Their private understanding about God is wrong.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
what I see people doing, is saying that they believe in Jesus, but then turning around and saying they dont trust what the bible tells us about Jesus.
Then you have not been reading very carefully. We need to read what these savage minds interpreted through the loving eyes of Jesus with the aid of the Holy Spirit within and the truth "written in our hearts." If we cannot imagine our loving Jesus doing, saying, thinking, wanting, demanding, etc. etc. THEN it is ERROR . . . and we need to use our intelligence and understanding of the times during which the error was made to find the underlying truth within.
Quote:
This leads a person to wonder where they get this "Extra-Biblical" information?
It is called an education.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
It is called an education.
When you start to believe that your own education is equal to the revelation of God in His bible,,,you become the "Cult of One"

Old 10-11-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
When you start to believe that your own education is equal to the revelation of God in His bible,,,you become the "Cult of One"
I believe my education enables me to understand the revelation of God in the bible as the inspirations were interpreted and recorded (AS BEST THEY COULD) by ignorant savage minds of the time. Knowledge provides a clearer platform for seeing through the veil of ignorance that covers the written words.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:03 PM

33,265 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
STOP lying . . . I do NOT reject the story of Christ . . . I understand it through intelligence . . . not the interpretations of savage minds in literal reading of their recordings. How ANY modern intellect can accept the interpretations and understandings of ancient savages as the ABSOLUTE truth about ANYTHING escapes me. How it can have been accepted and promoted for 2000+ years speaks to the power of indoctrinaton and coercion fueled by human desire for control of others through intimidation.
Me Grog. Me say Bible word of God. You listen to Grog. Me know what talk about.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:14 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,258,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post

Of Eternal Damnantion....this is an anoalogy of the Christ story.
But I will answer your questions.

This family is like Israel.....Jew and Gentile.

Hmmmm...didn't I say that the other son denied the purpose and death of the one who submitted himself for?

Huh?

Exactly. Spread the word so they don't die eternally.
The message of my post was that because we know we should share our knowledge.

The problem arises when we give an ultimatum, as though we, who know, are above those who don't know by the simple reasoning of, if you don't believe as I do, you are going to burn in hell.

The solution is to present the good news and let the chips fall where they may.
If, we are not able to convince with our attitude and behavior, throwing in the hell treat would just work against us.

Blessings, AJ

Old 10-11-2009, 12:19 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,258,158 times
Besides, without faith in God, all of this is nonsense anyways!

Blessings, AJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity