Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 07:11 PM

124 posts, read 333,911 times

Advertisements

Sorry Alan...but that is just odd. As long as she is fine with though. It is to formal in my opinion. It would seem odd if my husband called me "maam" or something like that. I guess it is because we are best friends and buddies. (and yes lovers too). It would be weird if I called him "sir"....like I'd call my grandpa or something.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:52 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,106,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Feel_Fat_2 View Post
It would seem odd if my husband called me "maam" or something like that..
Thats for sure...

"Darling" is what I call her.

But once again, I think deep down a Christian wife knows that God wants her to think of her husband as her Lord.

That is after all, one of the titles we husbands are called - "The Lord of the house"

Old 10-12-2009, 07:59 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,576,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Thats for sure...

But once again, I think deep down a Christian wife knows that God wants her to think of her husband as her Lord.

That is after all, one of the titles we husbands are called - "The Lord of the house"
Mine calls me, "Big Daddy"...Shoot I am the man, what I says goes. Please don't tell her I said that.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:12 PM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Thats for sure...

Deleted as inappropriate. . . My 46 years of marriage have taught me to recognize it easily. Any such sense of "Lord of the House" is pure delusion . . . or a very, very clever and skillful wife.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-12-2009 at 10:01 PM..

Old 10-12-2009, 08:15 PM

While I agree that a husband should consider his wife's feelings from time to time , the truth is that girls also like it if you act like a jerk once in a while to.
So mix it up.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:21 PM

As it says in the New Test...
"For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands,
like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master"

I like that..."Master"
I like the sound of it...

Moderator cut: inappropriate and insulting

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-14-2009 at 05:06 PM..

Old 10-12-2009, 08:43 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,145,436 times
Quote:
"For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands,

I like that..."Master"
LOL are you for real dude?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-14-2009 at 05:07 PM..

Old 10-12-2009, 08:54 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,793,037 times
Quote:
This is exactly why I'm no longer a Christian. Why should the woman, especially today's woman, be subservient to ANYONE?
So you don't think you should be subservient to anyone - what about God? Do you not think you should be subservient to a
being who CREATED the universe?
People need to learn how to be subservient.......a child is subservient to its parents, and so on. That is not depriving a child of its
"rights" for it to be subservient.
"Subservient" is not a bad thing. It means that you TRUST the other person. If you cannot trust the person you are married to,
who CAN you trust......? Especially since, in a life-or-death situation, they would have say over your medical decisions, your very life.....

Quote:
I can understand being subservient to God, but man?
You CANNOT be subservient to God, unless you can be subservient to man. You cannot, it simply is not possible. It's like when
the Lord said, how can you love a God you cannot see, when you cannot love a person YOU CAN SEE? Same with subservience. If
you cannot be subservient to your man, your spouse; then you will not be able to be subvient to God.

Quote:
Uhh, no. This is just another example of how women in the bible are considered inferior.
The Lord didn't consider women inferior. He refused to let a woman be stoned. He loved women.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
LOL are you for real dude?
Always remember, Im always right on this stuff, and I always stick close to the text and the text alone.

If I have written it, you can bet I can find a verse to support it....

Old 10-12-2009, 09:06 PM

388 posts, read 856,541 times
Quote:

I like that..."Master"

You sound real creepy man. I'm shuddering inside. Those women were treated like dogs back then. She HAD to call him master or be stoned most likely. The OT is a terrible example. I would never have my wife call me "Sir" "Master" or "Lord"..... We are equal partners. That is almost like a business relationship. You are the CEO and she is in the mail room. Wrong.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-14-2009 at 05:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.