Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 04:27 PM

63,879 posts, read 40,157,333 times

Advertisements

It never surprises me that Neanderthals think primitively and relate to ancient primitive cultural stereotypes and roles. In fact, I am most surprised if they exhibit any intelligence at all. Civilization and education is so alien to them.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:29 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,524,523 times
thanks. submission or not, what spreads like wildfire is alienation.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:35 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,466,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
If I ever say anything that is not found in the text, you just let me know...

But so far, I am sticking very close to what the Bible tells us about the Christian duty of women to submit to their husbands, and to remain silent in church...

Anyone care to bet such verses are not found in the Bible?

Cuz you would think with all the nasty comments aimed at me that I surly could not just be quoting the Bible right?

Im mean think about it people:
If you disagree with me but then admit that what Im saying is word for word out of the Bible, then does that not mean your disagreement is with God and not Alan?
I find it interesting how you seem to want to focus on this particular section of the Bible in order to satiate your sexual Moderator cut: ...edit.. of dominance whilst more than likely ignoring the other brutal sentiments the Bible suggests you do. I'm not one to continually bring up all the malicious and vindictive brutalities the Christian God wanted his followers to act upon but I'm sure you're familiar with the nastiness in the Old Testament.

I can only sit here and wonder why it is that you seem to want to live your singular, simple-minded and domineering lifestyle over women while cherrypicking your preconceived ideals of what marriage is in order to better encapsulate your pre-formulated vindictiveness with your faith. You are the shining example of precisely what is wrong with religion, what makes my stomach turn when I hear Bible quotes and the precise reason why Christianity will continue to be assailed by legions of my fellow Atheists as being something that needs to be eradicated in totality. YOU are the problem, not the solution, and YOU are an absolute embarrassment to the people of your faith - especially those who have progressed past the 1st century in their views of women.

If you were half the man you even purport to be through your alleged domineering adherence to such an infantile mindset you would understand what I am talking about. Instead, I suspect you will go on living your life hiding your fear of femininity by trying to subdue it. To that, I can only say my initial conclusions stand and if it weren't so sad it'd be comical to watch such pathetic, societal buffoonery in this day and age.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-14-2009 at 05:01 PM..

Old 10-14-2009, 04:49 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,258,544 times
Submission, I would say is the key word in trying to understand just what it means for "wife's to submit to their husbands."

Let's say that the name Adam is the conscience and that the name Eve is the flesh, OK?

Could we than say that both male and female are Adam?

Yes, why not, God said it: Ref:Gen 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

That being the case then, who submits to whom, if both are Adam.

The point here to be made is not pertaining to mankind but to God.

God is making the point that we, as Adam (Both male and female) are as like a wife to God, and that by submitting our lives to Him, He will abundantly bless us.

If we, as husbands and wives submit to each in spirit, we become as one unit and are equal in all spiritual aspects. Physically, we become pro-creators.

When Jesus came, He took on the position of (Eve) as like God's wife by submitting His will to God, for Jesus was in the flesh.
We also take on the position of (Eve) and Jesus being as like our husband, for we to are in the flesh.

Why suppose Eve was the first to supposedly eat of the apple?

Because Eve represents the flesh, and we all know that the flesh is in it's element save Adam.

So the flesh is weak, and because Eve is the child bearing part of Adam, the female has been labeled as the weaker vessel.

We all know that when there are to chiefs, and no Indians, a house can not stand.

Two Adams (Males) can not procreate, therefore can not stand.

There has to be both Adam types, male and female in order for God's order to work properly.

So ladies, submit to your husbands both spiritually and physically as the husbands do the same.

For to be equally yoked means that neither husband nor wife has any spiritual advantage over the other.

One maybe spiritually at a deeper level than the other, but unless there is a mutual submitting, there can be no growth, spiritually and or physically.

Blessings, AJ

Old 10-14-2009, 04:56 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,106,520 times
Holy cow, you have made use of a lot of symbols in the post!

Old 10-14-2009, 04:56 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,525,709 times
Temporary closure for moderation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.