Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 09:08 PM

124 posts, read 333,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Always remember, Im always right on this stuff, and I always stick close to the text and the text alone.

If I have written it, you can bet I can find a verse to support it....

I feel sorry for your wife.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Thats for sure...

"Darling" is what I call her.

But once again, I think deep down a Christian wife knows that God wants her to think of her husband as her Lord.

That is after all, one of the titles we husbands are called - "The Lord of the house"

So it is wrong to call a wife "maam" but okay to call a husband "sir"? That my dear man is very sexist. And in my house the cat is the Lord of the house!

Old 10-12-2009, 09:27 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,104,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueman_fan1 View Post
You sound real creepy man..
No need to take this personal dude...

Remember I am always right about this stuff, only because I stick close to the text.

Painful as it might be to learn, the fact is, is that if you disagree with me you disagree with the text because my views are not my own.

I think that most divorces in the church happen because men and women have walked away from their God-given roles.
Men seek to be seen as if they were little 14 year old girls
Women seek to be seen as the real man of the family.

It is any wonder that there is so much divorce in the Christian church?..
I look around sometimes and can just feel the doom.

But the answer is so clear and so easy...Just return to the Bible and live your life with it's rules as your guide.

Men, lead the home and provide authority and guidance for the family
Women follow their Masters, and care for the home.

I once was asked by a girl who felt challenged by what the Bible tells her about being a Good Christian Wife.
She seem to get offended by the Text for some reason.

She asked me once:
"So women are to stay in the kitchen and men get to just sit on the sofa with their friends and drink beer? Aren't you guys afraid you will grow too lazy and week to even open a can of beer?"

My answer put her in her place...
"The beer should have been opened when she brought it to me"

Old 10-12-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Feel_Fat_2 View Post
So it is wrong to call a wife "maam" but okay to call a husband "sir"?

That my dear man is very sexist. And in my house the cat is the Lord of the house!
"sexist"?
There is no need for name calling here.

Now as for the term "maam", the truth is that most women Hate that term...they truly hate it.

When a women first gets called that term by a young carry-out boy at the store it can cause her to run home in tears and spend a long time working on her face in the mirror.

So, "Ma'am" is off the list.

However a young man can call a woman at the store "Dear" , "Love". or 'Sugar hips" and such names do not cause offense.

But as for a husband?
It is a husbands role and position over the household to make that call.
I have no right to tell a husband what he should call his own wife.

The Bible does not dare tell us husbands what we should call our wives.

But the Bible does make a big deal that the best example for Christian wives is found in Sarah, who called her husband "My Master"

The Bile is correct.

Learn it
Live it....

Old 10-12-2009, 09:44 PM

388 posts, read 856,228 times
Quote:
No need to take this personal dude...

Remember I am always right about this stuff, only because I stick close to the text.

Painful as it might be to learn, the fact is, is that if you disagree with me you disagree with the text because my views are not my own.

I think that most divorces in the church happen because men and women have walked away from their God-given roles.
Men seek to be seen as if they were little 14 year old girls
Women seek to be seen as the real man of the family.

It is any wonder that there is so much divorce in the Christian church?..
I look around sometimes and can just feel the doom.

But the answer is so clear and so easy...Just return to the Bible and live your life with it's rules as your guide.

Men, lead the home and provide authority and guidance for the family
Women follow their Masters, and care for the home.

I once was asked by a girl who felt challenged by what the Bible tells her about being a Good Christian Wife.
She seem to get offended by the Text for some reason.

She asked me once:
"So women are to stay in the kitchen and men get to just sit on the sofa with their friends and drink beer? Aren't you guys afraid you will grow too lazy and week to even open a can of beer?"

My answer put her in her place...
"The beer should have been opened when she brought it to me"

Hate to tell you that you are not always right. That would make you perfect. Obviously you are not. Just because some chick in the bible called her husband "master" does not mean a woman has to address her husband in such a way. You do indeed sound sexist. A man has no right to EXPECT his wife to bring the beer much less open it for him. When I was in church my marriage was rocky. But now that we are not in church trying to live those silly rules we are stronger than ever! Just ask DaniMae1...she'll tell ya.... Christian divorce is so high because Christian rules are ridiculous. Get your own beer.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueman_fan1 View Post
Just because some chick in the bible .
That "chick"...(Talk about a sexist term) is lifted up in the Bible as the example for all women to look at and learn from....

Old 10-12-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
"sexist"?
There is no need for name calling here.

Now as for the term "maam", the truth is that most women Hate that term...they truly hate it.

When a women first gets called that term by a young carry-out boy at the store it can cause her to run home in tears and spend a long time working on her face in the mirror.

So, "Ma'am" is off the list.

However a young man can call a woman at the store "Dear" , "Love". or 'Sugar hips" and such names do not cause offense.

But as for a husband?
It is a husbands role and position over the household to make that call.
I have no right to tell a husband what he should call his own wife.

The Bible does not dare tell us husbands what we should call our wives.

But the Bible does make a big deal that the best example for Christian wives is found in Sarah, who called her husband "My Master"

The Bile is correct.

Learn it
Live it....

I'm not name calling. Just a descriptive word for what I see. I get called maam all the time on my job....so what? Why would that make a woman cry?! I don't feel the need to "Live it or Learn it"....but thanks anyway. I know you think it is right. But that is just your opinion.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
That "chick"...(Talk about a sexist term) is lifted up in the Bible as the example for all women to look at and learn from....

That is really just an expression alan. But chicks are really cute! Didn't Sarah tell her "Master" to do the deed with the help just to have a kid? Does that mean all good Christian women should ask their "master" to have relations with an employee or something if they are unable to conceive? That IS what you are saying you know.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
That is really just an expression alan. But chicks are really cute!
Why do you make such sexist comments like this?

If I have told my son once I have told him it a thousand times...

"Have more respect for women, never call broads chicks. It just gets them in a bunch"

You should show more respect and stop being so judgmental...

Old 10-13-2009, 03:14 AM

Quote:
I'm not name calling. Just a descriptive word for what I see. .
Well I think that is being judgmental and offensive to Christian woman that try to do as the bible commands.

My advice, you should submit more.
(Its really what God wants)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.