Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 03:12 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So now that you are saved you think King is better than Koontz? How dare you !

I read all sorts of books, fiction and non-fiction. I'm reading Ted Dekker's circle trilogy right now... He is also a great author..I believe Perretti and Dekker co-authored House as well which was closer to King than Koontz.

Anyway, just because the author mentions God, the writing style is still the same as King and Koontz... Sci-Fi, Fantasy Fiction.

I just read Koontz' Frankenstein trilogy which was very good too.

Also CS Lewis wrote Sci-Fi Fantasy Fiction and boy was he good with words!
Not meaning to dodge your excellent observations, kat, but WOW! We have mangled Mercy's thread. I sincerely apologize, Mercy, this was not my intention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 03:35 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,533,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Not meaning to dodge your excellent observations, kat, but WOW! We have mangled Mercy's thread. I sincerely apologize, Mercy, this was not my intention.
I too sincerely apologize for mangling the thread! MODS must've been to busy to delete all this mindless banter!

Old 10-18-2009, 07:26 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,621,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Your position is irrelevant, as is the position of the others you mentioned. It is the reality of the Word of God that matters. If you don't line up with the word of God, you are wrong. And Preterism is wrong.
Then your position on the wrongness of Preterism is irrelevant as well. Preterism IS in the Bible ya' know.

Funny funny people (me too). I love it!!!!

Old 10-18-2009, 11:20 PM

396 posts, read 598,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Your position is irrelevant, as is the position of the others you mentioned. It is the reality of the Word of God that matters. If you don't line up with the word of God, you are wrong. And Preterism is wrong.
No Mike, YOU ARE WRONG, and as you state the WORD OF GOD IS RIGHT. Revelation 1:1-3 "shortly come to pass," and "the time is at hand." It is your FUTURIST INTERPRETATION OF REVELATION that does not line up. What was in the 7 Churches' future is now in our PAST. It would be IRRELEVENT to first century churches to receive a message of something that was about to happen, and they all died and we are here 2000 years later still waiting for it to happen. Have you ever heard of the HERMENUETICAL principle of AUDIENCE RELEVANCE. If you have not you need to seriously consider it, and if you have you need to APPLY IT.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
without attempting to back up my concerns with bible quotes, i think unless we get energy independent fast, we will be "fighting for democracy" in the mideast for a long time.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:35 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
without attempting to back up my concerns with bible quotes, i think unless we get energy independent fast, we will be "fighting for democracy" in the mideast for a long time.
Not only that, the Dodgers might not make it to the World Series!
Maybe that triggers the sixth trumpet in Revelation, when the angel loosens 200 million Dodger fans from the east to rally at Dodger Stadium!

Last edited by thrillobyte; 10-19-2009 at 12:00 AM.. Reason: fine-tuning

Old 06-09-2010, 02:47 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I am at a loss to understand how ANYBODY thinks they can interpret books as bizarre, convoluted, circuitous, Byzantine, muddled, impenetrable, cryptic, and just plain confusing as Daniel and especially Revelation. There are as many different interpretations of these books as there are stars in the galaxy. NO ONE can make heads or tails out of them. I don't blame mercy---she's just parroting the kool-aid given to her over the years by slick, shyster prophecy pimps like Hulk Lindsley, Grand Jeffers, Jerk van Imp and Pimp LaVain who love to fleece gullible Christians of hard-earned $$$'s to finance their extravagant high-flying lifestyles (and by "high-flying" I mean multi-million $$$$$ Lear jets and private 737's they use to wisk them, their families and on occasion their mistresses off to vacations in exotic locations).

You'd have better luck throwing darts at a giant dartboard to get your meanings from Daniel and Revelation than you would reading them. Except for Gabriel's right-on prophecy of Jesus in Chapter 9 of Daniel, the rest of it is just one gigantic sandtrap. Skip them. The alternative is to stay utterly confused or deceived until you die.

Hi thrillobyte,

I find Revelation easy to understand. It was basically a poetic representation of the Roman siege of Judea. I explained the bowl judgments here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/6435518-post180.html

Old 06-09-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeapostle View Post
No Mike, YOU ARE WRONG, and as you state the WORD OF GOD IS RIGHT. Revelation 1:1-3 "shortly come to pass," and "the time is at hand." It is your FUTURIST INTERPRETATION OF REVELATION that does not line up. What was in the 7 Churches' future is now in our PAST. It would be IRRELEVENT to first century churches to receive a message of something that was about to happen, and they all died and we are here 2000 years later still waiting for it to happen. Have you ever heard of the HERMENUETICAL principle of AUDIENCE RELEVANCE. If you have not you need to seriously consider it, and if you have you need to APPLY IT.
Hi jeapostle,

I have to ask. Is your post a response relevant to this forum or is it a rhetorical statement with a hidden meaning for a special generation two thousand years from now?

Old 06-09-2010, 03:14 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,573,354 times
Psalm 97:1-12 Rejoice! The Lord Reigns!

The LORD reigneth; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of ISLES be glad thereof.

2 Clouds and darkness are round about him; righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne. (Revelation 20:11)

3 A fire goeth "BEFORE" him, and burneth up his enemy round about.

4 His lightnings enlightened the world: THE EARTH SAW, and trembled.

5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the LORD, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

6 The heavens declare his righteousness, and "ALL THE PEOPLE SEE HIS GLORY"

7 Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols: WORSHIP HIM, all ye gods.

8 Zion heard, and was glad; and the daughters of Judah rejoiced because of thy judgments, O LORD.

9 For thou, LORD, art high above all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods.

10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

11 Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

12 Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and GIVE THANKS AT THE REMEMBRANCE OF HIS HOLINESS.

The LORD'S coming is not a secret phenomenon that would be missed by most...when he comes...evil shall be no more...and his reign begins!

Blessings...

Old 06-09-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Psalm 97:1-12 Rejoice! The Lord Reigns!

The LORD reigneth; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of ISLES be glad thereof.

2 Clouds and darkness are round about him; righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne. (Revelation 20:11)

3 A fire goeth "BEFORE" him, and burneth up his enemy round about.

4 His lightnings enlightened the world: THE EARTH SAW, and trembled.

5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the LORD, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

6 The heavens declare his righteousness, and "ALL THE PEOPLE SEE HIS GLORY"

7 Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols: WORSHIP HIM, all ye gods.

8 Zion heard, and was glad; and the daughters of Judah rejoiced because of thy judgments, O LORD.

9 For thou, LORD, art high above all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods.

10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

11 Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

12 Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and GIVE THANKS AT THE REMEMBRANCE OF HIS HOLINESS.

The LORD'S coming is not a secret phenomenon that would be missed by most...when he comes...evil shall be no more...and his reign begins!

Blessings...

Hi ans57,

If Jesus will return to be seen by all why were there no reports of him leaving in China if its going to be so public "in like manner"? Why didn't one Roman historian record this event? Was it not addressed to men of Galilee?

Acts 1
9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”

Only a few men of Galilee saw him leave so how is it that on the return its going to be so globally obvious if its in like manner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity