Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 12:17 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,393,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
The funny thing is we are not taking about the trinity you and I, we are talking about how God used the word god. You once again go off on another issue. LOL, we are sons and daughters of God, I never said that, we were talking about god. Never mind, debating with you is like debating with someone who is add. You talk about everything but the issue.
If you have not noticed this thread is about the church doctrine of the trinity , and the verse i used from John 10 has everything to do with proving the trinity doctrine to be false. Read John 10 again and see that Jesus was saying "I and the Father are one"(He was not claiming to be God here as those who believe in a trinity would have you believe), Jesus said to them "In your law i have said you are gods" so what is the problem with me saying i and the Father being one ?. Just like all who believe are one with God (see the scriptures i quoted), does this mean all who believe are trinity's.

So i am not talking about 2 different subjects here , i am talking about the trinity doctrine, and you cannot see it because you are blinkered by the doctrine of men.

The reason many jews today reject christianity is because of the false teaching on the trinity . It has nothing to do with them not understanding it , it's to do with the Lord you God is one and not God being 3 gods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 12:18 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,787,790 times
Camps is on fire. Tony flees. And the Trinity flee with him.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:25 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,509,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Because if Christ is flesh and blood as I am and had the indwelling of the spirit as I do.. then how is he God and I am not?
The bible says Jesus was with God before creation. He was begotten before creation. Jesus is the vessel through which the Father created.
The bible also says when we see him,we will be like him for we shall see him.
1 John 3:
2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

So Jesus is full of the spirit of God. He has seen God. He is like God. We are not at that point. We do not have the fullness of God indwelling us the same way Jesus did. There is no way we can be like Jesus who has been with the Father from the beginning. No mere human who has lived a limited number of years can equate themselves to what Jesus is. He was with God and created us. But the bible says ones day, we will be changed. One day we will be like him for we shall see him in all of his glory. Then we will have full knowledge just as Jesus does.

1 cor 13:
12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known

These are the reasons we are not called God the same way Jesus is
He has full knowledge because he has seen God. He has been with God. He has a unique relationship with the Father because he was there before the beginning of time. We haven`t been around quite that long. We haven`t been with the Father in such a capacity to truly know and understand him.

The body of Jesus is just an outer shell,like our body. The spirit inside of him was the full spirit of the Father. The one that resided with the Father from the beginning. You worship Jesus because the Father gave him that authority.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:40 PM

The very same Spirit that resided in Jesus resides in us, and the more we die to ourselves , so more of this fulness is revealed in us. We forget for 30 years there is little we know of the life of Jesus and these hidden years are the years that Jesus learnt obedience by the things He suffered.
This is why we need to be so careful in judging others , because God is doing a work in all of us so in the end He manifests Himself through us.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Camps is on fire. Tony flees. And the Trinity flee with him.
It's called a campfire.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:10 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,449,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

The reason many jews today reject christianity is because of the false teaching on the trinity . It has nothing to do with them not understanding it , it's to do with the Lord you God is one and not God being 3 gods.
I have to agree with this satement completely. God is one and only one.
However, Christ, the Holy Spirit are not spearate essences of God. They all comprise what is God. God has manifested Himself into Christ, the flesh, just as He manifested Himself into the helper, the Holy Spirit.

God is still one and only one, but through His grace and love for mankind, He has provided us not only a savior that we were able to see with our own eyes, but also He provided us help, that dwells in our hearts and spirit that is manifested in the Holy Spirit.

Christ is not just a man...He is a God-man.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:40 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,316,536 times
Quote:
If you have not noticed this thread is about the church doctrine of the trinity , and the verse i used from John 10 has everything to do with proving the trinity doctrine to be false. Read John 10 again and see that Jesus was saying "I and the Father are one"(He was not claiming to be God here as those who believe in a trinity would have you believe), Jesus said to them "In your law i have said you are gods" so what is the problem with me saying i and the Father being one ?. Just like all who believe are one with God (see the scriptures i quoted), does this mean all who believe are trinity's.

So i am not talking about 2 different subjects here , i am talking about the trinity doctrine, and you cannot see it because you are blinkered by the doctrine of men.

Once again you are missing the point. We were talking about Jesus using and saying that they were gods. Plain and simple. You now are talking about church doctrine. LOL, pointless. Church doctrine has nothing to do with what Jesus is talking about. Pointless

Old 11-23-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Once again you are missing the point. We were talking about Jesus using and saying that they were gods. Plain and simple. You now are talking about church doctrine. LOL, pointless. Church doctrine has nothing to do with what Jesus is talking about. Pointless
You are entirely missing the point !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. What part do you not understand that this thread is about the church doctrine of the trinity , and , i have never diverted from debating the church doctrine of the trinity . For some unknown reason you think because i used the scripture of John 10 verse 34 i was talking about something else , when infact i have been likening the believers oneness with God to Jesus's oneness with God, the only difference being is the measure of that oneness , so my point being one with God does not make up a 1/3 of this so called trinity. Lol

When Jesus said He's one with the Father , He was saying the same thing what Paul said in the epistles "It's no longer i that liveth" . Jesus died to Himself before He died at Calvary, this kind of language is throughout the scripture. What do you think He was doing when He said nevertheless not my will but yours be done.

If you cannot see this it's no wonder you are sold out to believing in the church doctrine of the trinity.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-23-2009 at 02:26 PM..

Old 11-23-2009, 02:28 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,316,536 times
Quote:
You are entirely missing the point !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. What part do you not understand that this thread is about the church doctrine of the trinity , and , i have never diverted from debating the church doctrine of the trinity . For some unknown reason you think because i used the scripture of John 10 verse 34 i was talking about something else , when infact i have been likening the believers oneness with God to Jesus's oneness with God, the only difference being is the measure of that oneness , so my point being one with God does not make up a 1/3 of this so called trinity. Lol

When Jesus said He's one with the Father , He was saying the same thing what Paul said in the epistles "It's no longer i that liveth" . Jesus died to Himself before He died at Calvary, this kind of language is throughout the scripture. What do you think He was doing when He said nevertheless not my will but yours be done.

If you cannot see this it's no wonder you are sold out to believing in the church doctrine of the trinity.
No, the point you are missing. You are talking about something else. Unless you are wanting to address what we were talking about then no need to go any further.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
No, the point you are missing. You are talking about something else. Unless you are wanting to address what we were talking about then no need to go any further.
Lets leave it at this because you cannot see i am talking about why the trinity is a man made doctrine, and no matter what i say to you , you refuse to see that i am. It came from Rome just like the rapture and just like ET.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity