Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 04:25 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Yeah, Camps, I also remember reading once where you proclaimed you're not Christian anymore.

With all the trinity talk, have you changed your mind recently????
No foolishly i allowed myself to debate it , there's no debating that i refuse to call myself a christian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 04:37 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,761,957 times
But, Camps, if you don't believe in the Trinity, do you seek to humanize Jesus

Old 11-23-2009, 04:50 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,467,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
That seems close to defining the spirit of God as separate from God.. but Jesus was of a different substance. Right? So how does that explain Jesus being God?
Jesus, if you believe he is begotten . . . is not of a different substance. Same ingredients . . . like the cupcake.

On earth, when he walked for 33 years, he was fully human . . . . and the Holy Spirit dwelt within him, like the Holy Spirit does for many believers if they allow . . . .

Old 11-23-2009, 04:52 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,467,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I have to agree with this satement completely. God is one and only one.
However, Christ, the Holy Spirit are not spearate essences of God. They all comprise what is God. God has manifested Himself into Christ, the flesh, just as He manifested Himself into the helper, the Holy Spirit.

God is still one and only one, but through His grace and love for mankind, He has provided us not only a savior that we were able to see with our own eyes, but also He provided us help, that dwells in our hearts and spirit that is manifested in the Holy Spirit.

Christ is not just a man...He is a God-man.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:55 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,311,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Jesus, if you believe he is begotten . . . is not of a different substance. Same ingredients . . . like the cupcake.

On earth, when he walked for 33 years, he was fully human . . . . and the Holy Spirit dwelt within him, like the Holy Spirit does for many believers if they allow . . . .
Trust me there is nothing you can provide that will be accepted by her. As you see and read in past post, it doesn't matter how much research that you provide she will only go as far as she see fit to understand the scriptures. But I see it strange of somone who tells others that they have to go back from where the bible was written to understand, but the one telling others to do, they don't do themselves. You see someone providing a few hebrew and greek words, but don't study the scripture in that language to understand what they are posting. I see it as an attempt to discredit what others understand, but really a bad false attempt that will eventually come to the light as it has. Over time things come to the light.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I have to agree with this satement completely. God is one and only one.
However, Christ, the Holy Spirit are not spearate essences of God. They all comprise what is God. God has manifested Himself into Christ, the flesh, just as He manifested Himself into the helper, the Holy Spirit.

God is still one and only one, but through His grace and love for mankind, He has provided us not only a savior that we were able to see with our own eyes, but also He provided us help, that dwells in our hearts and spirit that is manifested in the Holy Spirit.

Christ is not just a man...He is a God-man.
Yes, you are right, but as you see there are some unwilling to simply let the scripture show them that. They refuse to let the Word speak for itself. To many people are reading the bible with a carnal mind and thus they are misinterpreting and misunderstaning what the bible is saying. But anyway, God said spread the Gospel, after you do that if they don't believe, then that is their error that they will have to explain later to God. After that you simply move on to people who want to actually learn truth.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
but as you see there are some unwilling to simply let the scripture show them that. They refuse to let the Word speak for itself. To many people are reading the bible with a carnal mind and thus they are misinterpreting and misunderstaning what the bible is saying.
I agree

Quote:
But anyway, God said spread the Gospel, after you do that if they don't believe, then that is their error that they will have to explain later to God. After that you simply move on to people who want to actually learn truth.
What is truth ? agreeing with what you believe ?.

Truth has nothing to do with what you consider truth . Truth we as believers seek to know is the reality of God in our lives.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
What is truth ? agreeing with what you believe ?.

Know truth is reading and believing what God provided. It has nothing to do with what I believe. What I provided before had nothing to do with what I believed, it was simply what God said and what He meant by saying it.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Know truth is reading and believing what God provided. It has nothing to do with what I believe. What I provided before had nothing to do with what I believed, it was simply what God said and what He meant by saying it.
The only truth that matters is the reality of God in our lives .

Old 11-23-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The only truth that matters is the reality of God in our lives .
The truth is what God said is truth. He is very clear to what He wants us to know about Himself and He says more than reality. If that is all you want then that is your choice. You say reality is important, God says that He wants a relationship with us. There is much more than reality that God wants us to know and understand, He even says that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity