Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 05:42 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,755,403 times

Advertisements

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinkerInTex View Post
The only thing that Mary mother of Jesus says in the New Testament is "They will know my name and they shall call me blessed." The thing that draws my attention most are those apparitions. Either it is Mary mother of Jesus is appearing or it is Isis mother of Ra (Miracles of the sun associated with this apparition).

All this is to deny Christ deity or divinity by making and calling Mary mother of God and making people believe in her instead in Christ as we read in Isaiah 3: 9 – 15. God the Father is from everlasting past to everlasting future, meaning God is infinite; by sending His Son. God the Son was stripped of His Glory to be a Man through a Woman Mary. Mary was chosen above all other women because God found favor in Mary. Also Mary bloodline was from root of David which a royal bloodline and God wanted Jesus to have a human family as well. Man made devices beware.

Luke 1:26-33 (KJV) And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: (Not Mary) and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

John 2:3-4 (KJV) And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

Acts 1:12-14 (KJV) Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.
And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Gal 4:4 - 6 (KJV) But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, (Mary was a Sinner just like us! a woman, made UNDER THE LAW )
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Isaiah 3:9-15 (KJV) The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves.
Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.
Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.
As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.
The LORD standeth up to plead, and standeth to judge the people.
The LORD will enter into judgment with the ancients of his people, and the princes thereof: for ye have eaten up the vineyard; the spoil of the poor is in your houses.
What mean ye that ye beat my people to pieces, and grind the faces of the poor? saith the Lord GOD of hosts.

We must pary to Christ not mary. Man made devices beware.

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 12-01-2009 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-01-2009, 06:42 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,202,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Catholics do not worship Mary, that is a false interpretation to believe that thay do. The visions of the virgin exhorted Jesus, and hold Jesus up in a positive way. The virgin is part of Christ anointing and a blessing to the Children of God. The virgin calls the Children to prayer for the lost, the virgin calls the Children of god to love one another. The virgin calls the Children to love and honor the Lord God. Prayer with the virgin has the power of Christ to heal the land of the earth of sin, blessings for the Children of God. There are many false interpatations of the virgin like, Isis a devil god of Egypt,or harlot of babylon. or other false lesser gods of the earth. All false ideas because of biased against the Catholic Church or doctoriate of literal Bible only, never going the Lord and seeking his face on the Holy Spirit interpretation of the virgin, just make you own logical idea for ourself that could dishonor the Lord God. Me I am not even a Catholic, but I Believe in the virgin of Mary and that the visions and prayer are of Heaven. Great evangelist of the Lord, Benny Hinn believes in the virgin of Mary visions and talked on his tv show about this.
Wow! unbelievable!

Let me reiterate "Great evangelist of the Lord, Benny Hinn believes in the virgin of Mary visions and talked on his tv show about this."

Even more unbelievable to say the least. I'm sorry hljc but your total lack of discernment is frightening. Read your Bible friend!

Old 12-01-2009, 06:54 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,356,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Ok, yes they do how's that?
Well if you insist on calling someone a liar, that's the face to use.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:29 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,778,207 times
Quote:
Why do you insist that we do?

Old 12-01-2009, 08:46 PM

28,122 posts, read 30,041,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjee View Post
If you sensed irritation in my post it's because this topic has been visited and revisited again and again, with Catholics stating that they don't worship Mary and non-Catholics insisting they do--including your OP. So what's been learned outside of the "narrowed views or prescribed formulas" of the Catechism? For a philosophical understanding of it there are many sites. Here's one that might interest you.

Joseph S. O'Leary homepage: Prayer
Bunjee. I'm not a Catholic, but one thing I have learned over the past several years in frequenting religious discussion forums online is that people would rather believe what they want to believe than the truth. They will listen to your critics a lot faster than they will listen to you. They will trust what your enemies say you believe while completely discounting what you say you believe. Good luck in your efforts to explain your beliefs. I'm starting to think it's a losing battle.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:31 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,586,630 times
I don't necessarily like the crucifix because we all or I should say Christians know that Jesus Christ was resurrected 3 days later.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:24 PM

478 posts, read 774,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
I don't necessarily like the crucifix because we all or I should say Christians know that Jesus Christ was resurrected 3 days later.
I don't like it either. I was brought up Protestant so in the churches I went to growing up, we were taught that it was the resurrection that meant something, NOT the suffering, and so the few crosses we had in our house were always barren; the first time I went to a friend's house who was catholic I saw that their house was filled with crosses- all with a bloody, suffering Jesus on them. And it TOTALLY creeped me out! Still does. So does the whole Mary worship and martyrdom/suffering thing, which seems to be what Catholocism is all about. No matter how well you guys explain the idolizing/worship/whatever of Mary I still don't get it.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:37 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,761,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjee View Post
Get it now, OP? This is how it goes every time. Actually, it is a good discussion. What is the nature of prayer and intercession? Is it worship?

But...it always devolves into non-Catholics claiming the primacy of their interpretations and making aggressive assertions rather than discussing differences, subtleties, understandings. On CDF, it's a worthless topic. You'd do better to educate yourself elsewhere.
Bunjee, you're bang on target.

It's more like they have made their mind up, coz they know Catholicism more than the Catholics themselves. Or were they misled so? Blind leading the blind

Old 12-01-2009, 11:40 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,761,957 times
Quote:
Like how you aren't God's messenger to me

Old 12-02-2009, 12:56 AM

125 posts, read 302,213 times
Thanks all that replied. I actually did not know this subject was such a sore area to some. To those that got irritated with question related to the catholic faith, I feel you should be apt to teach without tire. Thanks again, the forum gives a lot more of dimension to answers than just googling them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity