Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 03:59 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
You should quote someone prior to asking no one in particular why pets can't be raptured.

First of all there will be no rapture, so naturally, pets won't be involved in a nonevent. Second is that its not bible supported for pets to be raptured, even though that book is about as relevant as the last Harry Potter one...especially the hilarious book of revelations. I don't recall all this stuff about animals having souls and doing sinful deeds before being cast into the lake of fire. Although I'm sure with 30,000+ branches of Christianity now to pick from, at least a few hundred of them have allowed amendments for pets to be saved. Just like how Mormons used to allow incest!

That website I linked was ment to take advantage of ignorant people willing to give away money. It appears it's fairly successful in that regard. I'm just laughing about it and figured I'd bring it to your attention. You probably have several members on this board making donations right as I type this.
I didn't quote your post because it was right underneath yours until Jerwade slipped one in and besides, how irrelevant is that? There WILL be a rapture and there's no indication that animals will be left behind to suffer. If children who are innocent will be taken then why not the innocent animals? What does having a "soul" have to do with it? We know there will be animals in heaven:

Isaiah 11:6
The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lionand the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.

Isaiah 65:25
The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, and dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,” says the LORD.

But if you don't believe that the Bible is God's Holy Word then of course you're not going to believe ANY of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 04:25 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,522,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
The topic is the end times and the RFID, which happens to be legitimate biblical prophecy. What makes you think that pets can't be raptured also?
If pets were raptured, there would be a whole lot of people waiting on the rapture standing around say "where the heck did my dog go", as I suspect many believing in it, don't meet the qualifications, but their dog would.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
If pets were raptured, there would be a whole lot of people waiting on the rapture standing around say "where the heck did my dog go", as I suspect many believing in it, don't meet the qualifications, but their dog would.
I have no proof that animals will be raptured but if they are then ALL of the people will be standing around going "where did my cat go" because it won't just be "christian" pets that get raptured (lol) it will be all of them! I know it all seems a little unbelievable but the Church will definitely disappear, with or without our pets.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:58 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
I didn't quote your post because it was right underneath yours until Jerwade slipped one in and besides, how irrelevant is that? There WILL be a rapture and there's no indication that animals will be left behind to suffer. If children who are innocent will be taken then why not the innocent animals? What does having a "soul" have to do with it? We know there will be animals in heaven:

Isaiah 11:6
The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lionand the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.

Isaiah 65:25
The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, and dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,” says the LORD.

But if you don't believe that the Bible is God's Holy Word then of course you're not going to believe ANY of this.
You are totally missing the metaphors there...Children being taken?...Put down the 'left behind book'...please...There are a lot of innocent adults out there...are they automatically saved because they are innocent?...not without faith in Christ they aren't...

Old 11-13-2010, 08:08 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,588 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ0h5...124&playnext=4

found this one about the chip,he says translation can be IN or ON;looks like the guy in the pic has it in his left hand (just had to get that one in hehe).beware if you don't believe in end times,this guy is GOOD! (he's funny,I was rofl over the head joke).
This is Pastor Farag at Calvary Chapel in Hawaii.This is a series of clips;I think this is no. 4 of 8 here.

Last edited by SC122; 11-13-2010 at 08:23 PM..

Old 11-13-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You are totally missing the metaphors there...Children being taken?...Put down the 'left behind book'...please...There are a lot of innocent adults out there...are they automatically saved because they are innocent?...not without faith in Christ they aren't...
Hellooooo? What are you talking about Richard? Here lately your posts have really been out there. I don't know what you're trying to say here....put down the funny cigarette and slow down and explain yourself.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:23 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,015,623 times
So then basically, God is interested in our WILL POWER and how much torture we are willing to endure to prove our faithfulness??? Not only that, but it sounds like some folks think that by the power of their flesh they will save themselves. I don't think so. I do think serious Tribulation is at hand. But I don't believe anyone will be "raptured" apart from what the scriptures refer to as the 1st resurrection. I don't think making people terrified of end times events has any purifying effect, but it does bring about a sort of self fulfilling prophecy as things of this world are being rolled up. I believe it is much more virtuous to encourage people not to be afraid of death rather than going around crying about the sky falling.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
So then basically, God is interested in our WILL POWER and how much torture we are willing to endure to prove our faithfulness??? Not only that, but it sounds like some folks think that by the power of their flesh they will save themselves. I don't think so. I do think serious Tribulation is at hand. But I don't believe anyone will be "raptured" apart from what the scriptures refer to as the 1st resurrection. I don't think making people terrified of end times events has any purifying effect, but it does bring about a sort of self fulfilling prophecy as things of this world are being rolled up. I believe it is much more virtuous to encourage people not to be afraid of death rather than going around crying about the sky falling.
Heartsong you know I love you......but......you are wrong about the rapture. I don't think that by the power of anyone's flesh they will be saved, just believing in Jesus as Savior and Lord is good enough. Serious tribulation IS AT HAND and it's God promise that His elect will be spared from that tribulation. Believe it and receive it. No one should be terrified, we should be rejoicing!! Death is just the beginning!!

Old 11-13-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
You all aren't understanding the seriousness of this. I'm not afraid....I believe in the Rapture. But those left behind should be warned NOW so as not to be deceived into taking the mark. Did you even watch the video?
This same thing was making it's run with the bar code...Everybody ranted that it was the mark of the beast...grow up and get out of the 'LB' books...We have been so indoctrinated with the 666 thing that i just do not think that it is going to be that obvious...it will be more subtle....I'd say it will be more a heart condition than physical...

Old 11-13-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Amen!! Thanks Verna....I know you would willingly die before taking any "mark". The thing that was startling to me was the chip being implanted into the hand or THE HAIRLINE (forehead).....and the "grevious" sore that it could cause and how scriptural that is.

Just calling a spade a spade...and going about my business warning.
Where does it talk about a sore in scripture?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity