Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 08:39 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,730 times

Advertisements

It says all who get the mark will get sores all over their body eventually.not sure what passage it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 08:40 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Revelation 16:2
The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped

There ya go.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:41 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post

If taken literally, I believe the forehead signifies the carnal mind (which is anti-Christ, or enmity with God) and the forehand signifies the works we put our trust in.
Not bad...

Old 11-13-2010, 08:48 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
So then, at this time, not only does one have to hear about how Jesus died on a cross in order to be saved, but there is this extra step involved in salvation for those alive at the end, that being that they must be aware of this "mark of the beast" and have enough will power over their flesh to keep from taking it. I can't see a mother letting her children starve to death if she had to have a chip to buy food, cay you? This is an unreasonable fear, especially unreasonable to think that a certain group will be raptured out of such a time of trouble and not be "tried" as others are. And Ilene, you should have learned by now that just because you disagree with someone doesn't give you the liberty to say to them, "YOU'RE WRONG" as you just did with me. 6 billion opinions and people have the audacity to think THEY are RIGHT and everyone else who does not agree with them are WRONG. That attitude is the pride of the flesh talking.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:13 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Revelation 16:2
The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped

There ya go.
The light of the body is the eye.

Does God care so much for physical bodies or is this a spiritual matter?

Along those same lines - do you think angels care to cause physical sores on physical bodies? If so - what a weird/morbid job they have.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
So then, at this time, not only does one have to hear about how Jesus died on a cross in order to be saved, but there is this extra step involved in salvation for those alive at the end, that being that they must be aware of this "mark of the beast" and have enough will power over their flesh to keep from taking it. I can't see a mother letting her children starve to death if she had to have a chip to buy food, cay you? This is an unreasonable fear, especially unreasonable to think that a certain group will be raptured out of such a time of trouble and not be "tried" as others are. And Ilene, you should have learned by now that just because you disagree with someone doesn't give you the liberty to say to them, "YOU'RE WRONG" as you just did with me. 6 billion opinions and people have the audacity to think THEY are RIGHT and everyone else who does not agree with them are WRONG. That attitude is the pride of the flesh talking.
Alrighty then, whatever.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
The light of the body is the eye.

Does God care so much for physical bodies or is this a spiritual matter?

Along those same lines - do you think angels care to cause physical sores on physical bodies? If so - what a weird/morbid job they have.
Do you deny what it says in that scripture FB? It is what it is, and what it is is some very hard times coming. Rapture or no rapture.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:20 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Do you deny what it says in that scripture FB? It is what it is, and what it is is some very hard times coming. Rapture or no rapture.
Ilene, here's an example:

"Then he had another dream, and he told it to his brothers. "Listen," he said, "I had another dream, and this time the sun and moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me."

Now - the dream WAS from God but had nothing to do with the literal sun, moon, and stars. That's what I'm talking about. Revelation is a book of SYMBOLS. Learn what the symbols mean and you learn what the passages mean.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:40 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,195,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Ilene, here's an example:

"Then he had another dream, and he told it to his brothers. "Listen," he said, "I had another dream, and this time the sun and moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me."

Now - the dream WAS from God but had nothing to do with the literal sun, moon, and stars. That's what I'm talking about. Revelation is a book of SYMBOLS. Learn what the symbols mean and you learn what the passages mean.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:46 PM

FB and Herefornow......it's all good. I just need to go and mix another drink. No seriously, it's what I see and I can't get away from it. Maybe at some point I can see it your way but I'm a literalist, not a spiritualist. I may NEVER see it your way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity