Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2010, 05:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Well, at least you are being consistent. The logical conclusion of Once Saved Always Saved is that nothing you could do could affect that salvation.

It is easy to see how it relates to the great lie of Satan who told Eve that even if she disobeyed God "Ye shall not surely die".

Every false religion and false Christian denomination has that lie at its source.

For example, those who teach re-incarnation are saying: "You will not die".

When one knows what to look for, this same scheme is easily seen in most denominations of the modern Christian church.

As in all successful lies, there is an element of truth. The essence of Christ's teaching was that there would be some who would not die.

The lie is to say that those who continue to disobey God will not die.

The Calvinist version of The Great Lie is based upon the concept that some are chosen by God to be saved and thus no matter what commandments they choose to break, they 'shall not surely die.".

The Lutheran twist is that Jesus has "paid it all" and by believing in that doctrine, no matter how many sins one commits, he
"shall not surely die."

Roman Catholicism is more clever. They say that one must keep the commandments of God, but if you break them (they say)
you may confess that sin to the priest and "ye shall not surely die".

In each of the examples above, the doctrine is designed to remove the fear of God from those who continue to disobey the commandments of God.

Mike isn't it true that that is why you choose to believe OSAS - you want to remove the fear of God when you commit sin?

HK
Here is a good message from Paul Washer. He agrees with you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cncEhCvrVgQ

Short version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnV9mXkLI_I

Old 01-11-2010, 05:26 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,378,568 times
[quote=Finn_Jarber;12402668]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post

'Prophet'? You seemed to be writing to me, but you quoted Mike.
Who's on first?

I think "ministers" messed up the quotes somehow, I'm almost certain I was responding to a statement made by him/her even though it appears to be from Mike. Maybe it's a technical glitch happening...

Old 01-11-2010, 05:30 PM

988 posts, read 1,904,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Habakkuk 2: 2,4
Then the LORD replied:
"Write down the revelation
and make it plain on tablets
so that a herald may run with it.
"See, he is puffed up; his desires are not upright— but the righteous will live by his faith -

Paul quoted God, and Jesus is God

Romans 1:17
For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

How true - the RIGHTEOUS will live by faith. The great lie is to say that the UNRIGHTEOUS will live by their faith.

That is what you mean - right?

HK

1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:43 PM

33,324 posts, read 26,524,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Did you learn how to read???? What in the verse you posted even remotely answers the question I posed to you??? Here let me give it to you again since you're having trouble with it:

I want you to prove your "Faith Alone Doctrine" strictly by what JESUS said.....I'd like you to provide me with some scripture from the RED words of JESUS that this is what he taught.....show me from the RED words only of JESUS that one is saved only by having faith and no works at all....you will find these in the gospels.

If you can't do it....just say so.
My reading abilities are just fine. You saw the red letter words of Christ in Acts 26:18 'that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified BY FAITH IN ME.

Jesus said in John 6:28 They said to therefore to Him, ''What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?'' 29) Jesus answered and said to them, ''This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.''

That should make it clear to any one who is interested in the truth.

It is your responsiblity to understand the word of God as He saw fit to reveal it. Personally, I don't care what you believe. What I have posted on this forum is for those who do care about the truth. For those who reject the truth, your destiny awaits you in the eternal lake of fire.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:58 PM

[quote=justamere10;12402458]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post

Ok, you pretend to be a true prophet of God who speaks for Him but you wrote what appears to be an uncalled for, arrogant, and ignorant shot at members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'll call you on it, please provide evidence to support your statement about Mormons, or at least reply to the effect that it is just your personal opinion, thanks. (I was responding to "ministers" in post 64, maybe it was Mike who made that comment?)
No, it wasn't me. And by the way there are no prophets today. Not since the completion of the written cannon of scripture. There are only pastor/teachers. Again, I did not make the comment. Keep the quotes straight people.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:01 PM

988 posts, read 1,904,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555;

[QUOTE
It is your responsiblity to understand the word of God as He saw fit to reveal it. Personally, I don't care what you believe. What I have posted on this forum is for those who do care about the truth. For those who reject the truth, your destiny awaits you in the eternal lake of fire.
[/quote]

Christy - maybe you should just bury your head in the OSAS sandpile like an ostrich and then you would not have to fear God - just like Mike.

HK

The Ostrich theology -

Hear no truth
See no truth
Speak no truth

Old 01-11-2010, 06:06 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY6F0pkArds

Old 01-11-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Christy - maybe you should just bury your head in the OSAS sandpile like an ostrich and then you would not have to fear God - just like Mike.

HK

The Ostrich theology -

Hear no truth
See no truth
Speak no truth
Those who reject the grace of God in salvation and think that they can impress God with their own efforts will find out the awful mistake they made when they are sentenced to the eternal lake of fire. All of scripture speaks to the fact that man cannot save himself by his works. But the self righteous refuse to believe it. They quote scriptures they don't understand and ignore other scriptures that oppose their beliefs.

As is shown in Revelation 20:11-15, the unbeliever is standing at the Great White Throne. Because he has not believed in Christ, his name is not in the book of life. So he is judged on the basis of his works which have been recorded in the books of works. It is the works of the unbeliever that are the basis of his condemnation. Not his sins, since his sins were paid for by Christ on the Cross.

Adding your works to faith in Christ for salvation is not depending on Christ for salvation and you are not saved.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:34 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,378,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
...Personally, I don't care what you believe. What I have posted on this forum is for those who do care about the truth. For those who reject the truth, your destiny awaits you in the eternal lake of fire.
I understand that you see yourself as the standard of truth Mike, that only you can interpret scripture correctly; but didn't those mentors who turned you into such a person also teach you the principles of humility, kindness, and love?

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." Matthew 22: 37-40

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/matt/22/37-40#37

"That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you." Ephesians 4: 22-23, 32

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/eph/4/22-23,32#22

Old 01-11-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
I understand that you see yourself as the standard of truth Mike, that only you can interpret scripture correctly; but didn't those mentors who turned you into such a person also teach you the principles of humility, kindness, and love?

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." Matthew 22: 37-40

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/matt/22/37-40#37

"That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you." Ephesians 4: 22-23, 32

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/eph/4/22-23,32#22
There you go again. You are an example of how legalism always attacks grace. You make the ridiculous statement that I consider myself the only one who can interpret the word of God. And you keep talking about my mentors. The only mentor is the Holy Spirit. A pastor is just that. A pastor.

You didn't like what the other poster said about Mormons and now you are lashing out. Is this what Mormonism teaches?

And like so many others you can't seem to grasp the difference between salvation by grace through faith, and your spiritual life AFTER salvation. This is what the Bible teaches. It is not the invention of man. The book of Romans and the book of Galatians makes it clear that salvation is not based on works.

And by the way mormon, it is the Bible that is the standard of truth. Not any man. And not the book of mormon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.