Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 09:53 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
The darkness is now lifting.
At the point at which the darkness gradually leaves, such that one is able to feel better, it reminds me of the analogy of the same gradual way in which the sun rises on the horizon: Slowly and gradually one moves from a position of darkness to one of light.

May your darkness continue to disolve into light. Truly.

Take gentle care.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:38 AM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
At the point at which the darkness gradually leaves, such that one is able to feel better, it reminds me of the analogy of the same gradual way in which the sun rises on the horizon: Slowly and gradually one moves from a position of darkness to one of light.

May your darkness continue to disolve into light. Truly.

Take gentle care.
Beautifully said.
BECLAZONE, focus on that rising sun.
peace,
sparrow

Old 07-27-2010, 01:33 PM

13,613 posts, read 10,020,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I've been there. It's a horrible darkness and feeling of hopelessness. I never thought I'd come out of it either. I actually thought my depression could and would kill me (literally). The worst of it started back in 1989 after the birth of my 2nd child. The root of it was from being terrified as a child about God. I can't easily tell you the details in this public place of how I got to such a low place, but I just wanted to let you know that it is possible to be delivered from such a place. Despair is a terrible experience, but the last thing anyone should try to put on someone who feels despair is guilt. In fact, I think those who have experienced deep, deep despair have experienced something of what Christ felt as he was nailed to the cross. Such people are often the ones who wind up being the closest to God when the darkness has passed because such suffering works mercy into one's soul. Please feel free to send me a private message if there is anything I can do to help you.

Heartsong
While in the darkness, it can feel as though your soul is ebbing away, and that soon nothing will be left.
Depression started while I was a child also, not that anyone noticed. In fact it is not something that many would even consider a child could have.
I could go into the concept of abuse in the name of religion, even if only on a psychological level, but I don’t think this is the time or place to do so.

Thank you Heartsong.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
The sadness of depression is a result of cruelty and a lack of kindness, directed at our lives.

To be cut off from the natural need to share with goodness is the root of the low feelings.

The black hole is caused by our interpetation of unavoidable cruelty suggesting that we cannot
participate in the comfort of giving and recieving with our deserving, self worth.

Therefore, negate the suggestions of a worthless self and give more where you see fit regardless.

Each day be the person you, "really are" and find a sorrow to relieve in others .

Being who you "really are" will relieve your pain !
Very succinct, and absolutely true.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:54 PM

Thank you everyone for all your kindness, it has helped a lot.
It is nice to see that you all care.

Thank you again.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:44 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
You don’t need to explain, I understand entirely.
The darkness is now lifting.
Thank you.
Great news!

Old 07-27-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
That's great Beclazone....glad you're starting to feel better.

Thank you.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:12 PM

365 posts, read 511,403 times
Please do not get defensive or upset with what I am about to tell you, because the first step to avoid depression is to take full responsibility. The truth I am about to say will hurt many people and even some people will get furious with rage. That is because people cannot humbly admit they are coveting sinners and want to blame everyone else for their own created misery.

All you people here who suffer "depression" keep in depression because you LOOK FOR AN EXCUSE to be depressed and need justification so you BLAME something out of your control INSTEAD of taking the blame and admitting you are 'depressed' because you COVET and are ungrateful for what you have!

Pharmaceutical companies and doctors and the medical association saw an opportunity to profit. What is called COVETING is now being medicalised and turned into a disease.

I was once told I had "depression" and they gave me medication! THEN ONE DAY I awoke and took full blame and stopped blaming something out of my control! And I began to habitually train my FOCUS and thoughts to what I'm GRATEFUL for and stopped coveting! And ever since, I am feeling HAPPY.

Happiness is something you design and happiness is a choice.

Depression is also a choice, chosen by selfish people who demand everything in life and are never happy with anything they have. They want more and more and more. They want a different life, a different career, a different partner, a different house, different friends, more money, more fame, more success etc etc. It's called COVETING and COVETING contributes to an ungrateful and depressed spirit!

"Chemical imbalance" is just a medicalised term they give people who covet and are ungrateful.

And Bible says: "Happy is he who keeps the Commandments of God." So those who claim to be "depressed" you will always find are the people who break God's Commandments willfully, and don't even try to keep them.

Abraham Lincoln once said: "A person is about as happy as they make up their minds to be." He went on to say: "If a person doesn't have the right outlook on life, you and another 100 like you, won't make them happy"

Those of you here that NEED a justification and excuse for your COVETING, STOP IT, REPENT and take FULL responsibility for it! There is NO SUCH thing as "depression" that you can blame for your ungrateful and coveting spirits.

REPENT and begin to be grateful for what you already have been blessed with. That's why Bible says: "DO NOT COVET". It's a Commandment for a reason!

You will find every single time when someone claims to be "depressed" that they are unhappy with their current life! They wish they were someone else, or lived in a different and better place, and were better off etc. That's called COVETING and that's why they feel unhappy, because they are ungrateful for what they have and wish they had more.

You are a human being who covets and ungrateful for what you already have! That's why you are unhappy, not because of something out of your control called "mental illness" or "chemical imbalance".

If someone rang you today and told you you have just won $10,000,000. I wonder if you would still be "depressed". Think about it!

STOP blaming things other than yourself!!!

It all comes down to WILLFUL COVETING! No wonder God commanded us, "DO NOT COVET".

Old 07-27-2010, 09:27 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
Please do not get defensive or upset with what I am about to tell you, because the first step to avoid depression is to take full responsibility. The truth I am about to say will hurt many people and even some people will get furious with rage. That is because people cannot humbly admit they are coveting sinners and want to blame everyone else for their own created misery.

All you people here who suffer "depression" keep in depression because you LOOK FOR AN EXCUSE to be depressed and need justification so you BLAME something out of your control INSTEAD of taking the blame and admitting you are 'depressed' because you COVET and are ungrateful for what you have!

Pharmaceutical companies and doctors and the medical association saw an opportunity to profit. What is called COVETING is now being medicalised and turned into a disease.

I was once told I had "depression" and they gave me medication! THEN ONE DAY I awoke and took full blame and stopped blaming something out of my control! And I began to habitually train my FOCUS and thoughts to what I'm GRATEFUL for and stopped coveting! And ever since, I am feeling HAPPY.

Happiness is something you design and happiness is a choice.

Depression is also a choice, chosen by selfish people who demand everything in life and are never happy with anything they have. They want more and more and more. They want a different life, a different career, a different partner, a different house, different friends, more money, more fame, more success etc etc. It's called COVETING and COVETING contributes to an ungrateful and depressed spirit!

"Chemical imbalance" is just a medicalised term they give people who covet and are ungrateful.

And Bible says: "Happy is he who keeps the Commandments of God." So those who claim to be "depressed" you will always find are the people who break God's Commandments willfully, and don't even try to keep them.

Abraham Lincoln once said: "A person is about as happy as they make up their minds to be." He went on to say: "If a person doesn't have the right outlook on life, you and another 100 like you, won't make them happy"

Those of you here that NEED a justification and excuse for your COVETING, STOP IT, REPENT and take FULL responsibility for it! There is NO SUCH thing as "depression" that you can blame for your ungrateful and coveting spirits.

REPENT and begin to be grateful for what you already have been blessed with. That's why Bible says: "DO NOT COVET". It's a Commandment for a reason!

You will find every single time when someone claims to be "depressed" that they are unhappy with their current life! They wish they were someone else, or lived in a different and better place, and were better off etc. That's called COVETING and that's why they feel unhappy, because they are ungrateful for what they have and wish they had more.

You are a human being who covets and ungrateful for what you already have! That's why you are unhappy, not because of something out of your control called "mental illness" or "chemical imbalance".

If someone rang you today and told you you have just won $10,000,000. I wonder if you would still be "depressed". Think about it!

STOP blaming things other than yourself!!!

It all comes down to WILLFUL COVETING! No wonder God commanded us, "DO NOT COVET".
This is a perfect example of why so-called "Ministers" can not only be useless as psychological therapists and counselors . . . they can be downright dangerous. Your projection and psychological ignorance leaps off the page. You are a danger to your congregation . . . whoever and whatever they are.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:34 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
I will only address a little chunk of your rant.

3 questions for you?

Are you telling me that all those rich guys out there in Hollywood are truly happy? (I'm basing this on your question above. That is basically what you are saying. Money=happiness. You said it, not I)

And, have you ever been in non-stop pain for years, decades, or longer?

And, have you ever been thrown into a black hole where you could not reach any kind of light?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity