Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 10:02 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,284,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
You are angry because the truth I shared has made you realise you covet!

You want to blame everyone and everything else on your misery and refuse to take full responsibility!

The day you repent of coveting and instead began thanking God for everything you already have, and begin being grateful and appreciating what you already have, on that day you will be a lot happier.

But in the meantime you love to be miserable and blame everyone and everything else for your own created misery
PurpleHeart, have you actually ever met someone with Bipolar Disorder?

Because June would bet her own life that if you had a family member or a loved one who suffered from either bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or major depressive disorder with psychotic or suicidal features, you would be 'singing a different tune.'

Like real fast.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:01 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,135,261 times
Tell me something PurpleHeart or ones with the thoughts we see on covet, guilt ect ect.....

Its widely known that "people" who undergo physical "torture" at the hands of a maniac
sink into great depression and overwhelming darkness.

Question: Do you also reprimand and assess these poor souls with same covet accusations ?

Failure to apply logical explanation would deem your idea in reason for depression, false.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:42 AM

365 posts, read 511,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
I will!

No, PurpleHeart, that is not the case! Trust me,...
I am a Psychologist sweetheart and I am asking you Trust me.. there is no proof in this area because the brain and it's functioning is still a mystery to human beings. Not even the doctors and "medical experts" agree with each other.

Trust me.... Coveting is a major cause of depression and suicide today. If people would repent of coveting and instead be grateful for what they have, they would notice a massive improvement in their psychological functioning and their view off the world and themselves.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
PurpleHeart, have you actually ever met someone with Bipolar Disorder?

Because June would bet her own life that if you had a family member or a loved one who suffered from either bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or major depressive disorder with psychotic or suicidal features, you would be 'singing a different tune.'

Like real fast.
Yes I have met someone who was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, ME! I was "depressed" for over 20 years until God finally gave me the light and understanding that my problem was that I was a habitual covetous person. Then one day I made a decision to retrain my brain and focus to be grateful for what I have and not always be ungrateful for what I do not have, and I now no longer have "depression and Bipolar Disorder".

Once a person covets over and over, year after year, it eats you up, consumes you with negative thinking, and the doctors and medical industry now like to label everything so they can make billions of dollars from medicine.

Bipolar is just a code name for people who covet. By labeling it and giving it a name, it gives people an excuse to covet and then to blame an external uncontrollable force for their own sinful natures and their own selfish thoughts. It's all due to COVETING, and that is why God warned us about it and commands us. Exodus 20:17 THOU SHALT NOT COVET...

Trust me, if you suffer from "depression and/or Bipolar Disorder" then STOP COVETING and see what happens.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Tell me something PurpleHeart or ones with the thoughts we see on covet, guilt ect ect.....

Its widely known that "people" who undergo physical "torture" at the hands of a maniac
sink into great depression and overwhelming darkness.

Question: Do you also reprimand and assess these poor souls with same covet accusations ?

Failure to apply logical explanation would deem your idea in reason for depression, false.
Not everyone who is tortured at the hands of a maniac suffer depression. Many people who go through torture or hardship view it as a building block to get stronger. It depends what the person thinks about their negative experience. Many do dwell on it like it's end of the world and begin continuously thinking about depressive things.

Focus on being grateful for everything you have, and stop being ungrateful for what you do not have. Stop focusing on everything bad that happens in your life and start focusing on all the good things that happen in your life and most importantly, REPENT OF COVETING!

Exodus 20:17 "Thou shalt not covet..."

Old 07-29-2010, 05:56 AM

Attention Everyone:

We have never had this amount of "depressed" people in Earths history as we do today. And that is because in the last decade people are bombarded with materialism, self-image marketing and having celebrities on TV showing how "beautiful and successful" they are.

This has caused people to COVET, to want more and more, and to look better, to have more money, to be more successful, to be famous etc. And when they know they cannot get all of that, they become "depressed" and some even take their own lives. It's all due to COVETING, and that is why God warned us about it and commands us. Exodus 20:17 THOU SHALT NOT COVET...

Ever since society labeled coveting as "depression and an illness", more and more people have become depressed, because now they have a justification and excuse to covet, blaming an external force that they cannot control. Millions of anti-depressant prescriptions were written last year in AU, USA and worldwide, and that is shocking. Stop coveting and be grateful for what you have, and then your depressive thoughts will disappear. DO NOT COVET and STOP BEING SO SELF-FOCUSED,and you will heal.

As long as you keep blaming an "uncontrollable external force" for your unhappiness, the longer you will feel miserable. The solution is to stop coveting and be grateful for what you have. That's why Bible warns against coveting. And be loving and kind to others, that will also give you happiness.

As long as you keep blaming some "disorder or uncontrollable external force" for your unhappiness, the longer you will feel miserable. There is no "disorder" that you cannot control. That is your way to put blame away from your own selfish coveting thoughts. The solution is to stop coveting and be grateful for what you have. That's why Bible warns against coveting. And be loving and kind to others, that will also give you happiness. God bless your heart.

The answer is found in the TENTH Commandment - THOU SHALT NOT COVET. Depressed people are "depressed" because they covet, and wish they had something more than what they have. They do not focus on the gratitude of what they have (glass half full), instead they focus on what they don't have (glass half empty) and are ungrateful for that. That is why they have depressing thoughts. Its about how a person views themselves, the world and their future, and they are negative and ungrateful about that.

People don't have "depression or Bipolar" that is caused from some uncontrollable "external force". The depressive thinking is self-induced, caused by abusive personality, coveting, very aggressive negative thinking. People suffer depressive thinking from their own free choices. They are very ungrateful for what they have, and they hate others who have more than them. And that has caused jealousy, animosity and bitterness, which in effect causes them to experience low and depressive moods.

People don't have "depression", they have depressive thoughts. It's normal to go through stages of negative thoughts, like the seasons of life, we at times go through sunny summers, and gloomy winters. However, when a person habitually begins to focus on coveting,then it's a problem. If you are honest,you will admit that whenever you feel "depressed" it is because you are having ungrateful thoughts, and wished you had something else or more in your life. No wonder God warned us about coveting.

As I have mentioned earlier, I was diagnosed with "depression and Bipolar" and took medication for years. Then one day I changed my thinking and focus, away from coveting and embracing who I am and being grateful for what I have. From that day on, I have not had "depression" ever since.

What I also realised was that I was being "depressed" to get attention. We all hunger in the soul to be noticed and get attention, so many people are "depressed" in order to feed their human need for attention.

The Bible says, "DO NOT COVET", and it's written for a reason.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:56 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,630,678 times
Quote:
You are angry because the truth I shared has made you realise you covet!

You want to blame everyone and everything else on your misery and refuse to take full responsibility!

The day you repent of coveting and instead began thanking God for everything you already have, and begin being grateful and appreciating what you already have, on that day you will be a lot happier.

But in the meantime you love to be miserable and blame everyone and everything else for your own created misery
No, I'm angry because of your idiotic post. I blame NO ONE for my illness....it is what it is and I can do nothing about that except get treated. Did you even bother to read about bipolar disorder? You think you have all the answers because IT WAS YOU who was coveting for 10 years, not everyone else and YOU needed to repent of coveting. You're still depressed and you were just a miserable old coveter who needed to get a life. You still sound pretty miserable to me.

This is the most bizarre and ridiculous belief that you have. You're taking your own experience and applying it to EVERYONE else. That is just so single-minded and selfish it's beyond belief. Everyone here is appalled by your post and you really need to take this to God in prayer because your behavior and thought process is not that of a well person.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am grateful for what I have and I DO NOT COVET. I'm a laid back, easygoing good 'ol country girl who just happens to have bipolar disorder. I'm perfectly happy with what I HAVE, and could care less about what someone else has. I'm happy for them if they are prosperous and doing well.

Without the medication and God's help I'm Jekyll and Hyde, like I said before. It would benefit you greatly to educate yourself about mental illness before you go spouting off nonsense that makes you look ignorant and intolerant. This is not the first time I've heard some bizarre rantings about depression or mental illness but it is the first time I've ever seen someone continue in their ignorance after being educated.

All I can say is it appears to me that you still need help and you're in denial about it. It wouldn't hurt for you to have some therapy sessions with a therapist like June to help you work through your confusion, anger and depression. But it's people like you who never get the help they need and take it out on others. You need to take responsibility for yourself and get the help that God has so wonderfully and graciously provided.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
No, I'm angry because of your idiotic post........
As a Psychologist I am used to this kind of response, of abuse and insults. Before change, before improvement, there is always resistance. People get very upset and very angry when the truth is revealed and they no longer have an excuse to covet. The truth infuriates people.

Please try what I have recommended for 60 days and come back and tell me how you are feeling.

And YES I read about Bipolar as I was diagnosed for 20 years, but that was before God opened my eyes to coveting and I realised that I never had this man made word "Bipolar" at all, all I had was a coveting spirit.

God bless your heart.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:08 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,841,643 times
Consolation to the coveting = envy. mind you: just considered.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:34 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,630,678 times
Quote:
As a Psychologist I am used to this kind of response, of abuse and insults. Before change, before improvement, there is always resistance. People get very upset and very angry when the truth is revealed and they no longer have an excuse to covet. The truth infuriates people.

Please try what I have recommended for 60 days and come back and tell me how you are feeling.

And YES I read about Bipolar as I was diagnosed for 20 years, but that was before God opened my eyes to coveting and I realised that I never had this man made word "Bipolar" at all, all I had was a coveting spirit.

God bless your heart.
Read my ENTIRE post Purpleheart.....I do not covet. Never have. I can't believe you're a psychologist.....I don't believe that is truth. If you are, then you must be an out of work psychologist or least I hope so. There IS no truth in what you posted, none that applies to me anyway.

People get very upset and angry when someone spouts ignorance and continues to do so. If you were diagnosed as bipolar then you must exhibit the symptoms because they are beyond anyone's control. Do you have a family? Don't you want to get well for them? Don't you owe it to yourself and your family to be as well as possible? Being a supposed psychologist does not make one a well person and because of your ignorance it is highly unlikely that you are one. Prove it.

If you're not, then that shows you are delusional and in need of medical attention. Do you hear what I'm saying Purpleheart? I have a sixth sense about people and you are ringing all the bells of that sixth sense. Get help immediately!! Godspeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.