Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 06:11 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

I just wanted to ask, June, wouldn't you say that while situational circumstances may be a main contributor to depression, left unchecked depression itself leads to a depletion of necessary chemicals in the brain, making it a physical problem as well as an emotional one?

Yes. The brain of a depressed person (depressed for whatever reason) in fact undergoes a chemical, neurological change. No doubt if you were to have a PET scan before and after the onset of a major depressive episode of any length, the differences in the scans would be apparent. Just as the brain of a recovering alcoholic/drug addict changes over time, once the substance(s) are eliminated. In that case, the brain actually has the capacity of creating (or recreating) new neuropathways. A "depressed brain" is very different in nature than a non-depressed one.

Please note: June is not a neuropsychiatrist, but the above is fairly common knowledge in the field of mental health.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:23 PM

365 posts, read 511,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is a perfect example of why so-called "Ministers" can not only be useless as psychological therapists and counselors . . . they can be downright dangerous. Your projection and psychological ignorance leaps off the page. You are a danger to your congregation . . . whoever and whatever they are.
I have found that only people who love to covet and who refuse to repent of coveting say what you said.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I will only address a little chunk of your rant.

3 questions for you?

Are you telling me that all those rich guys out there in Hollywood are truly happy? (I'm basing this on your question above. That is basically what you are saying. Money=happiness. You said it, not I)

And, have you ever been in non-stop pain for years, decades, or longer?

And, have you ever been thrown into a black hole where you could not reach any kind of light?
1. Most rich people are depressed because the more they have the more they want. It's called COVETING!

2. I was "depressed" for over 10 years but one day I realised I was depressed because I was coveting all the time. They even placed me on medication and convinced me I had a chemical disorder. But the day I repented of coveting and started thanking God for what I already have and grateful for that, my depression ceased.

3. You are in a black hole because you refuse to be grateful for what you have and instead coveting!

Old 07-28-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
WHOA!! Excuse me??? You're right, this is a big load of **** and it has infuriated me. ...
You are angry because the truth I shared has made you realise you covet!

You want to blame everyone and everything else on your misery and refuse to take full responsibility!

The day you repent of coveting and instead began thanking God for everything you already have, and begin being grateful and appreciating what you already have, on that day you will be a lot happier.

But in the meantime you love to be miserable and blame everyone and everything else for your own created misery

Old 07-28-2010, 08:31 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
I won't even bother.......

Last edited by herefornow; 07-28-2010 at 08:49 PM..

Old 07-28-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am so sorry you were provoked by his blatant ignorance, Ilene . . . his ignorance is widespread and infects his understanding of God, the gospel and life in general. The real tragedy, though . . . is the veneration of ignorance as a virtue of faith in primitive concepts of God. There are many afflicted with the same ignorance and rejection of the "wisdom of man" because it turns their lack of education or knowledge into a profession of faith in God.
Pharmaceutical, Doctors, Psychiatrists and various drug companies saw an opportunity to profit. So they gave names to and labeled COVETING behavior to words such as "depression, bi-polar" etc.

The fact and reality is that people are coveting more today then every in history. So no wonder the "depression and bi-polar" labels and medicines are at a record level.

REPENT of coveting and beginning thanking God for what you already have and miraculously you will no longer have "depression and bi-polar".

Old 07-28-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Thanks Mystic, it does infuriate me and I can't even get my own son to understand my illness. It's just like anything else I suppose, ignorance abounds when one does not educate themselves and have an open mind. It is exactly the same with the likes of wacky religious beliefs....one continues in ignorance because of man's teachings, never growing, never learning due to stubbornness and brain-washing. Geez, I just want to slap everybody this morning!!! Except you of course, Mystic. Even my dog is over here having bad dreams!!
You do not have an illness, you just have a bad habit of COVETING!

REPENT of your coveting and your life will improve!

Old 07-28-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
That is fact.

In all due respect because I know you are an ADMIN, but there is no proof at all, it's all theory. Ask any Doctor to provide you PROOF and they will admit they are unable to.

Your post I found was poorly written because it was based on a lot of limited and incomplete assumptions with no solid medical and scientific bases.

I hope you do not ban me just because I disagree with your opinion. But I know you probably won't because that would be an abuse of Admin privileges if Admins banned everyone who dared disagree with their opinions.

Suffice to say, it all comes back to the commandment, "Thou shalt no COVET".

Coveting is a huge and main cause of all the "depression and bi-polar" and suicide we see today. People are so miserable with what they have in life and spend all their waking hours COVETING.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Yes. The brain of a depressed person (depressed for whatever reason) in fact undergoes a chemical, neurological change. ...
And if that person suddenly wins $10,000,000 the chemicals in their brain alter and all of a sudden the person is jumping for joy and so excited.

The reason the chemicals are operating a certain way for "depressed" people is that they have conditioned their mind to habitually focus on having MORE in their lives, in other words, they are habitually COVETING!

Once a person REPENTS OF COVETING, their "depression and bi-polar" miraculously disappears.

You Are What You Think and the Bible teaches that!

“For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.” (Proverbs 23:7)

Keep having depressive thoughts and coveting and you will be depressed. Change your thinking and repent of coveting and focus on being grateful for all the things you already have and you will be happier.

Change your lives, live for the Lord, focus on the Lord, focus on how you can serve the Lord and your depression will leave you.

“Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established.” (Proverbs 16:3)

Old 07-28-2010, 08:54 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Purple Heart I will just say that just because your depression was caused by your coveting that does not mean that everyones is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity