Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 07:39 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Wait, It doesn't matter if God got the LITERAL creation out of order?!?!

I think this goes back to your earlier point of confusion. What constitutes a day? It's a 24 hour period during which the Earth rotates around the sun. If God didn't create the sun until the 4th day....how were days 1-3 measured??? How is there morning or evening when there is no day, no sun....no consistent way to measure time as we know it?
The created light of day 1 is called "day". The sun is not called "day", but the created light of day 1 is called "day".
God measured the days of creation week by evenings and mornings, just like He said in Genesis 1, beginning with an evening and a morning for day 1, when He called light into being.

God called light into being on day 1, and that light is not the sun. The sun governs that light by day, and the moon and stars govern that light by night. That is Bible language, plain, and written/literal in its meaning.
-The governors of that light, the sun, moon, and stars, were not made and set in the "stretched out -from the earth- heavens, until day 4 of the six day creation.

The sun is not the light created on day 1, but acts as a gigantic refracting "chandelier" for that light, to be gathered in and "outsourced" to the heavens by the refracting powers of the created sun.

And the earth does not rotate, it is fixed in its place on its "pillars" of support [electromagnetic forces] states the Word of God. The sun goes about on its course in the heavens, from one extreme of it to the other, in 24 hours, and there is nothing hid from its heat, says the Psalmist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 07:45 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post

And the earth does not rotate, it is fixed in its place on its "pillars" of support [electromagnetic forces] states the Word of God. The sun goes about on its course in the heavens, from one extreme of it to the other, in 24 hours, and there is nothing hid from its heat, says the Psalmist.
awww no
where does this guy get off dismissing 1 scientific discovery and supporting his ridiculous argument by using another scientific item, "electromagnetic forces..." how deluded are people on here my goodness... i would bet the farm on you not being able to explain electromagnetism in your own words without going to a website to tell you explicitly what it is.
i really shouldn't even bother at this point, as another poster previously stated lol smh WOW

Old 01-25-2010, 07:50 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
The created light of day 1 is called "day". The sun is not called "day", but the created light of day 1 is called "day".
God measured the days of creation week by evenings and mornings, just like He said in Genesis 1, beginning with an evening and a morning for day 1, when He called light into being.

God called light into being on day 1, and that light is not the sun. The sun governs that light by day, and the moon and stars govern that light by night. That is Bible language, plain, and written/literal in its meaning.
-The governors of that light, the sun, moon, and stars, were not made and set in the "stretched out -from the earth- heavens, until day 4 of the six day creation.

The sun is not the light created on day 1, but acts as a gigantic refracting "chandelier" for that light, to be gathered in and "outsourced" to the heavens by the refracting powers of the created sun.

Thank you for explaining it fully my friend. I have a sick wife I am nursing.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:01 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,062,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
The moon is not a light. I am explaining the bible verse the moon and the stars. If You want to laugh then laugh at God's word which you do anyway.

God made two great lights--the larger one to govern the day, and the smaller one to govern the night.

So are you disagreeing with the literal creation story or are you going back to your original assertion that the moon is a light? Is the moon a light, or is it not? The Bible says it is.

And really...I just have to put these together...so maybe you can see how ridiculous it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fundamentalist
The moon is not a light?????you are kidding........
I guess we never heard of moonlight?
I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

Do you also think that the Earth is fixed in it's location, at the center of the universe, and that the sun rotates around it, along with all of the other planets?

Old 01-25-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:

Do you also think that the Earth is fixed in it's location, at the center of the universe, and that the sun rotates around it, along with all of the other planets?
Are you the one who was talking about Joshua and the earth stand still. I told you the bible is not a science book but a book based on the human perspective......In our society we say, "sun rising" but the sun doesn't rise. Why don't we say, what a lovely earth revolving?

Old 01-25-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
awww no
where does this guy get off dismissing 1 scientific discovery and supporting his ridiculous argument by using another scientific item, "electromagnetic forces..." how deluded are people on here my goodness... i would bet the farm on you not being able to explain electromagnetism in your own words without going to a website to tell you explicitly what it is.
i really shouldn't even bother at this point, as another poster previously stated lol smh WOW
Its an electric universe. And I am not a physicist but I have read 1 Enoch, who describes the forces as he was shown them, as "winds" -as in currents.
And I believe the Bible, that the earth is the center of creation and the heavens were stretched out from this created earth, between the divided waters.
There are many educated men who believe the Bible on this and who can give scientific explanations for what God has said.
http://www.catholicintl.com/products/books/gwwprint.htmGeocentrism
By Robert A. Sungenis, Ph.D.
& Robert J. Bennett, Ph.D.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
So are you disagreeing with the literal creation story or are you going back to your original assertion that the moon is a light? Is the moon a light, or is it not? The Bible says it is.

And really...I just have to put these together...so maybe you can see how ridiculous it is.

I never said the moon is a light...so please stop being disingenous. I was interpreting the verse.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Are you the one who was talking about Joshua and the earth stand still. I told you the bible is not a science book but a book based on the human perspective......In our society we say, "sun rising" but the sun doesn't rise. Why don't we say, what a lovely earth revolving.
Because as disciples of Jesus, we do not change His words to suit sinful, unbelieving men.
The sun rises and sets, running its course through the heavens, as the Psalmist says.
Once it stood still -and so did the moon- for nearly a whole day! -and once it went backwards.
And in the Tribulation it will alter its course, at that time that the earth turns upside down and jumps and skips about like a hunted roe, and staggers as a drunken man.
It will also shine so hot when it is smitten by an angel with the bowl of God's wrath in the tribulation that if God did not shorten the hours of the day and night by one third of them -cutting the 24 hours down to 18 hours- then no flesh on earth would survive the great heat -that will be real global warming indeed!

Old 01-25-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Because as disciples of Jesus, we do not change His words to suit sinful, unbelieving men.
The sun rises and sets, running its course through the heavens, as the Psalmist says.
Once it stood still -and so did the moon- for nearly a whole day! -and once it went backwards.
And in the Tribulation it will alter its course, at that time that the earth turns upside down and jumps and skips about like a hunted roe, and staggers as a drunken man.
It will also shine so hot when it is smitten by an angel with the bowl of God's wrath in the tribulation that if God did not shorten the hours of the day and night by one third of them -cutting the 24 hours down to 18 hours- then no flesh on earth would survive the great heat -that will be real global warming indeed!
I don't have a problem with that argument because that is exactly how it looked to the men of that time and they reported what they saw. Same way we in our technological, advanced, logical, scientific society says "sunrise"

Old 01-25-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:

In the Word, the moon is the lesser light, and the stars are little lights. So the moon gets its light from the sun, as Enoch said it did -before the flood, but the light the sun gives is not its own light, either, but is the light it gathers in and refracts back out to all creation, which light was called into being on day 1 of creation week, in Genesis 1.
And the Bible says the earth is fixed in its place and the sun, moon, and stars travel in the heavens on their pre-ordained courses/paths/highways.

No one will be shamed who believes God's Word is true about His creation, in the time frame He gave, and the order He gave, and the manner in which He states He set the heavenly bodies to run their courses in their cycles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity