Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 07:37 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,955,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Thanks very much, Mystic. But your kind words will have little, if any, effect. I somehow managed to draw the ire of Cyber Munchkin and get put on his/her list of mean people who need a finger-shaking lecture on deportment. Probably when I wrote something like, "Feed the hungry" or "Hindu kids don't go to hell."

Oh well.
Let's just lay it all out. You, the agape lovers and many others on this forum can't stand the God of the Bible. Your god is not our God; that's it in a nutshell. So, how can there be a dialogue?

Amos 3
[1] Hear this word that the LORD hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying,
[2] You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.
[3] Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
[4] Will a lion roar in the forest, when he hath no prey? will a young lion cry out of his den, if he have taken nothing?
[5] Can a bird fall in a snare upon the earth, where no gin is for him? shall one take up a snare from the earth, and have taken nothing at all?
[6] Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 12:02 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,822,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The new Gentile Levites appointed by God and anointed by God to be his priests, even to be a Levite.

Only way to get an anointing, when God appoints you as a Levite, it should be obvious that he is going to anoint your head with oil so that you can learn.

Isaiah 66
''And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.''

''THEM,'' meaning,'' Gentiles.''

Thankyou. I just have problem seeing Levi as priest.

Elijah was against jezebel.

Elisha being considered a holy man of God.
No fly on the table.
And no emission on his linens.

https://books.google.com/books?id=8O...0bible&f=false

Old 08-29-2016, 12:13 AM

Promiscuity is the root. 3 fold. The Moabites trees were felled

Old 08-29-2016, 12:17 AM

Promiscuous | Define Promiscuous at Dictionary.com

Old 08-29-2016, 10:14 AM

KJV w/ Strong's Concordance - Revelation 16

Old 08-29-2016, 01:42 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,244,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Let's just lay it all out. You, the agape lovers and many others on this forum can't stand the God of the Bible. Your god is not our God; that's it in a nutshell. So, how can there be a dialogue?
I believe God loves each of us more than we are capable of understanding. I believe we are all much-loved children of God.

I rarely make posts about the God of the Bible, BTW. I've certainly never...ever.... said I can't stand the God of the Bible.

If you believe something else.....you get to do that. Walk your path. Pay attention to YOUR beliefs and sins and good deeds and life. Calling me out does nothing to make you a better Christian. Lying about my beliefs does nothing to make you a better person. Though I suppose it fulfills some need to tell people off. Whatever. Turning the other cheek.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-29-2016 at 03:10 PM..

Old 08-29-2016, 03:10 PM

23,240 posts, read 10,522,669 times
Quote:
I believe God loves each of us more than we are capable of understanding. I believe we are all much-loved children of God.

I rarely make posts about the God of the Bible, BTW. I've certainly never...ever.... said I can't stand the God of the Bible.

If you believe something else.....you get to do that. Walk your path. Pay attention to YOUR beliefs and sins and good deeds and life. Calling me out does nothing to make you a better Christian. Though I suppose it fulfills some need to tell people off. Whatever. Turning the other cheek.

Yup, I believe you have to be about right. People act as if there is some kind of fine line.

Does it really matter if I believe one thing and you believe another thing? If we are cursed for what we believe because we don't have all the truth, then isn't everyone cursed? If I lust, where is the line drawn? I am never going to get past my evil imaginations, ever.

So what makes any man better than the next if even ONE man is capable of great evil, then it is a propensity for all mankind and we are all evil. Am I really so vain to think that God is looking down on me because I drank a bottle of wine and had me a smoke?

What on Earth difference would it make if I didn't?

Like I can make a worthwhile sacrifice to God, and what is that? Does God want me to sit in the sand pouring sand on my head in repenting? Does God want me to be in church every Sunday? What does God care if I go to church?

Having said that, it's not that some humans are good and some humans are bad, in my opinion, ALL HUMANS ARE BAD. It's hard to imagine anything we could do in order to change this at all but there is hope in the scriptures that I do cling to.

These are the scriptures always on my mind if there is any way of tipping the scales, these are it.

1 Peter 4:8
Above all, love one another deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
James 5:20
consider this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

I know of a couple other ways to tip the scales and I find this a comfort, I mean, if there is anything I can do, well, I should do it right.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 04-19-2024 at 02:42 AM..

Old 08-29-2016, 06:49 PM

63,947 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:

If you believe something else.....you get to do that. Walk your path. Pay attention to YOUR beliefs and sins and good deeds and life. Calling me out does nothing to make you a better Christian. Lying about my beliefs does nothing to make you a better person. Though I suppose it fulfills some need to tell people off. Whatever. Turning the other cheek.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Life. Is a free gift given to us in Jesus. I only hoped you would honor this gift.
You will first have to let go of the inclination and seek the Lord with more than what you have been taught currently to grow fully to fruition.

Maybe try relating with your fellow nieghbors.

As far as I can tell you have only parroted for years. And wether this is an intentional agenda, you must realize that you must speak responsibly with instruction in mind.
When you consistently throw vague and general accusations they are perceived as firey darts. If you continue to act along the liner of an athiest with a shroud of agape I will have no other choice but to call you out.
Though I may be wrong about you.

I hope you understand I mean well.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:51 PM

23,240 posts, read 10,522,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Just keep putting that thumb out and I swear I will break it!

Give me one more of those headaches and I just might start flirting with you, WHY I OUTTA!!

PHHT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity