Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 03:05 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Yes, Ilene. It will be a judgement of fire this time.

Jesus stands ready to forgive sinners so they can rest in His bosom of love. But, if they won't come to the well of divine blood to be cleansed, then the only thing left for them is judgement -- and woe unto them!
I would be very interested to find out how you found your way to this "well of divine blood" .
Did you find your own way there ? Was you in unison with Jesus in seeking and saving the lost ?.
Do you have scriptures about coming to a well of blood ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 11:51 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I would be very interested to find out how you found your way to this "well of divine blood" .
Through the conviction of the Holy Spirit when the Word was preached without compromise, God came down with the fear of judgement upon me like hammer.

Jude 1:23 - And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Let Noah's day be a warning to all; don't be fooled by God's longsuffering because it eventually comes to an end.

So, how can one be cleansed to be made holy and righteous as God demands?

1 John 1
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Hebrews 9:22 - And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Jesus is the sacrificial lamb whose blood was shed for the remission of sin. We must put our faith into His redeeming blood. Only the blood of Jesus can wash away our sins, not water nor church membership.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:25 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Through the conviction of the Holy Spirit when the Word was preached without compromise, God came down with the fear of judgement upon me like hammer.

Jude 1:23 - And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Let Noah's day be a warning to all; don't be fooled by God's longsuffering because it eventually comes to an end.

So, how can one be cleansed to be made holy and righteous as God demands?

1 John 1
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Hebrews 9:22 - And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Jesus is the sacrificial lamb whose blood was shed for the remission of sin. We must put our faith into His redeeming blood. Only the blood of Jesus can wash away our sins, not water nor church membership.
So do you acknowledge you knew nothing of the things of God until the Holy Spirit opened your eyes to see the things of God ?

Old 04-04-2010, 03:29 PM

3 posts, read 4,581 times
Things are not as bad as in Noah's day yet. That doesn't mean we aren't near the end, just saying keep the right perspective. Things aren't even as bad as the middle ages, or the 60's for that matter. We have threats of things getting terrible, but Noah and his family were like the only people that weren't genetically tainted with Nephilim genes. Not to mention, it specifically says "Every intent of his heart was ONLY evil Continually...". Can you imagine how ridiculous it must have been? Though, if only talking about Al Qaeda I'd say we're getting there, since they strap their kids in suicide vests; but thankfully, most of the world still thinks that is bullcrap, so rejoice and don't let things get worse if you can affect it.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:52 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiciscool View Post
Things are not as bad as in Noah's day yet. That doesn't mean we aren't near the end, just saying keep the right perspective. Things aren't even as bad as the middle ages, or the 60's for that matter. We have threats of things getting terrible, but Noah and his family were like the only people that weren't genetically tainted with Nephilim genes. Not to mention, it specifically says "Every intent of his heart was ONLY evil Continually...". Can you imagine how ridiculous it must have been? Though, if only talking about Al Qaeda I'd say we're getting there, since they strap their kids in suicide vests; but thankfully, most of the world still thinks that is bullcrap, so rejoice and don't let things get worse if you can affect it.
Calm before the storm...?

Old 04-05-2010, 12:19 PM

17 posts, read 22,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiciscool View Post

I just wanted ask something. Where in the bible did it say that Noah wasn't "tanted" with Nephilim blood? "Nephilim" litterally means "Giant".

Old 04-05-2010, 08:42 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
In my older family KJV bible [1930's], the Nephilim are simply noted as "past glorious warriors" and "from the ancient family". Now, modernized websites try to taint them as extra-terrestrial alien interlopers.

Now, it seems to be "anything goes"!

Am I wrong?

Old 04-06-2010, 04:47 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
In my older family KJV bible [1930's], the Nephilim are simply noted as "past glorious warriors" and "from the ancient family". Now, modernized websites try to taint them as extra-terrestrial alien interlopers.

Now, it seems to be "anything goes"!

Am I wrong?
Well, angel/human hybrids were all the rage in ancient times. But the fact is the bible doesn't really clarify except to say "son's of God" saw the "daughters of men" and from there - yes, anything goes. Superstition seems to run in the human family and some modern humans seem just as prone to it as ever...

Old 04-09-2010, 11:37 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,441,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Well, angel/human hybrids were all the rage in ancient times. But the fact is the bible doesn't really clarify except to say "son's of God" saw the "daughters of men" and from there - yes, anything goes. Superstition seems to run in the human family and some modern humans seem just as prone to it as ever...

That's why we should stick to what the Bible has to say, that way we won't be led astray. Amen?

Can you imagine what it must have felt like for Noah back then? How about today? Any difference......

Old 04-10-2010, 01:00 AM

425 posts, read 366,938 times
I wouldn't take the flood account literally anymore than I would Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt. She looked back , died of shock and left that as a reminder of the consequences of doing so. Nice way of putting it though and there are other reasons for doing so as far as scriptural continuity and coding. No way did all the critters fit into a relatively small ark. Something happened all right but there is no reason to toss reason off the ark. The story was given the way it was to prepare us for the future.

You might as well interpolate what kinds of natural events could cause things to come to pass in Revelation because a world wide seismic event would have to be linked to a Pole shift. Prophecy is meant to fit into periods of physical upheaval dependent on the Earths cyclically changing nature. I'm not denying the Crucifixion death and resurrection and that is what matters especially for a person outside of the the realm of deep study. Seven & by seven Husbands and Wives they entered the ark. Those critters are pairs from differing tribal groups associated with specific beasts. The Ark ends up being a huge structure miles and miles long. It is a model for Rapture. Just look at programs that save gene pools of critters like ISIS. That Ark account has spawned many a noble venture to save wildlife. The last Chapter of the arks relevance wont be carried out until the end of the millennium rule .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity