Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you give up heaven to save those in hell?
I volunteer to give up heaven if all are saved from hell. 9 36.00%
Sure. 0 0%
Nope, not me. 6 24.00%
God would never allow this. 10 40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 03:11 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,233,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The truth is that if hell is real than Christian Universalists are risking their own souls in teaching what we do in order to remove the fear and torment of hell from people who suffer in this world because of the doctrine of ET. So, any true Universalist is braving the threat already by their own volition. And not only separation from God in hell after life, but anathema and curses from the organized Christian community as an whole in this life. I know men who have lost everything they have worked for in their ministries because of their vocalizing and teaching their hope and faith in the doctrine of UR. Brave and enduring men and women indeed.
I'm just curious to know how many universalists are there? What is your church called? I've been a Christian for many years and I've never heard of the "universalists" before a few days ago. I had no idea that people who claim to be Christians don't believe in hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 03:16 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,423,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I'm just curious to know how many universalists are there? What is your church called? I've been a Christian for many years and I've never heard of the "universalists" before a few days ago. I had no idea that people who claim to be Christians don't believe in hell.
I believed in hell 100% for many years , then i began to see the true nature and character of God through the scriptures, which transformed my mind , which i credit the Lord for , though many who are evangelical about eternal torment would say i am deceived of the devil , which is fine by me .

Old 03-12-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I believed in hell 100% for many years , then i began to see the true nature and character of God through the scriptures, which transformed my mind , which i credit the Lord for , though many who are evangelical about eternal torment would say i am deceived of the devil , which is fine by me .
You didn't answer any of my questions.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
You didn't answer any of my questions.
What questions ?

Old 03-12-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
What questions ?
I'm just curious to know how many universalists are there? What is your church called?

Old 03-12-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
I'm just curious to know how many universalists are there? What is your church called?
How could i possibly answer how many believe in the restition of all things

God called me out of the church system a few years back , so i am not a fully paid up member of the organized church system.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
How could i possibly answer how many believe in the restition of all things

God called me out of the church system a few years back , so i am not a fully paid up member of the organized church system.
Universalists don't go to church? Is that what you are saying?

Old 03-12-2010, 03:37 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,564,551 times
Quote:
I knew nothing of "universalism" as a label until recently but even earlier in my life than that I had a heart to heart with God... My outlook on life changed, my marriage changed, my relationship with others in general took on new meaning... and I knew that God would not let anyone suffer in the Christian Hell BECAUSE he IS love (1 John 4:7) and he wants all to come to him. He WILLS it to be so.

Micah 7:19 You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

It is the iniquities that are thrown in the "lake of fire"... anything that does not conform to the book of "life" is removed and you are sculpted anew by your creator.

Once you remove the majority christian idea of hell from the gospel you will see God in a new light.

Romans 9:16 It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

This is the verse that impacted me most. The mercy of God is what determines salvation and God will have mercy on all.

Romans 11:32 For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

I learned a lot from Romans. Sorry to ramble.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I knew nothing of "universalism" as a label until recently but even earlier in my life than that I had a heart to heart with God... My outlook on life changed, my marriage changed, my relationship with others in general took on new meaning... and I knew that God would not let anyone suffer in the Christian Hell BECAUSE he IS love (1 John 4:7) and he wants all to come to him. He WILLS it to be so.

Micah 7:19 You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

It is the iniquities that are thrown in the "lake of fire"... anything that does not conform to the book of "life" is removed and you are sculpted anew by your creator.

Once you remove the majority christian idea of hell from the gospel you will see God in a new light.

Romans 9:16 It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

This is the verse that impacted me most. The mercy of God is what determines salvation and God will have mercy on all.

Romans 11:32 For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

I learned a lot from Romans. Sorry to ramble.
Not rambling

Regardless of what I believe, I like to learn more about other people's beliefs. I was talking with my mother the other day and she's never heard of UR either. She's been a Christian for over 30 years.

If you don't go to church, where do you meet other universalists? Where do you get "fed"?

Old 03-12-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Universalists don't go to church? Is that what you are saying?
No i don't .

I feel a Hebrews 10 verse 25 coming at me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity