Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you give up heaven to save those in hell?
I volunteer to give up heaven if all are saved from hell. 9 36.00%
Sure. 0 0%
Nope, not me. 6 24.00%
God would never allow this. 10 40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 10:57 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
You cannot make that statement as you do not know the soul condition of the entire planet. You are not to judge another by the beliefs that you hold true. God is Love and He is mercy. If one chooses to not progress, God will still wait for them throughout all eternity. You don't have the right to judge anyone. To judge means you see imperfection in yourself and you have things you cannot forgive of yourself. To love unconditionally as God does means to overlook all flaws in everyone.
I'm not judging anyone,it is a statement of fact,whether you believe it or not.
But you are judging me by claiming I am judging others,when in fact I have done no such thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 11:17 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen antrim View Post
Its easy in America, to set at a computer and think one is so noble, so loving, so sacrificial, so good, that one would abandon ones self for the whole.
Let me add too that katjonjj's eager "yes, I would" seemed (at first) a bit flippant to me as well.

But upon further consideration I see someone who is so in tune and at one with creation as well as the Creator, and trusts so much in God's love that there's no reason to resist whatever help another needs. God's love is like that - it makes you a little crazy.

"Freely you have received freely give".

I predict the truth of UR and this sacrificial mindset will change the world in a stunning way.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:47 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,523,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Let me add too that katjonjj's eager "yes, I would" seemed (at first) a bit flippant to me as well.

But upon further consideration I see someone who is so in tune and at one with creation as well as the Creator, and trusts so much in God's love that there's no reason to resist whatever help another needs. God's love is like that - it makes you a little crazy.

"Freely you have received freely give".

I predict the truth of UR and this sacrificial mindset will change the world in a stunning way.
Sorry if it sounded flippant but it is that I trust in God's Love. That it will all work out for the best, even for me in hell.

Are you calling me CRAZY?

I call it eccentric.

Truly though.. if I offer my life in exchange for those in hell then I certainly cannot stay in hell...

It is not about me personally either. It is the same for each of us. If we are willing to give our lives for another it shows the greatest love a man (or woman) can show. The love of God. And this was more to show what it really is that Christ did on the cross. He gave himself as a ransom for ALL MEN/THE WORLD and by saying only some are saved it is the same as saying Jesus wasn't good enough to ransom all men... just as some have suggested of me.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:53 PM

8,167 posts, read 6,918,994 times
Kat... Your heart is beautiful, and reflects the love of God.
God bless you.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:39 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Kat... Your heart is beautiful, and reflects the love of God.
God bless you.
Don't tell her that...she'll need to buy bigger hats...

Old 03-13-2010, 12:46 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Are you calling me CRAZY?
Thou sayeth

Old 03-13-2010, 03:12 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Greater love has no man than a man lay down his life for his friends.

Of course you can give yourself up for someone else.

That's how we emulate Christ.
Just the other day a British soldier risked his own life to save his comrades.

British Soldier Saves Comrades by Throwing Live Grenade Back at Taliban - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

As far as i know this guy is not a christian , yet he was willing to do this .

HOW MUCH MORE WILL OUR HEAVENLY FATHER .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Let me ask you Fundy's a question , suppose this British soldier lost his life in saving the lives his comrades , would his comrades have done anything to be saved from certain death ?. Or were they saved by another laying down his life for them ?
Hopefully this will open your eyes to what God our Savior has done for the world . He either is the the Savior in it's truest meaning or he's not .

Last edited by pcamps; 03-13-2010 at 03:32 AM..

Old 03-13-2010, 09:43 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,136 times
I didn't think it was flippant either-its was interesting to me because of the possible movement from the temporal to the eternal-bringing the eternal into the now. I only brought it to an extreme (short) conclusion. I don't know the person, so I am not interested in his/her personal life, beliefs, good works, love of god, etc. Only what I could do with the posted thought.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:13 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,523,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Don't tell her that...she'll need to buy bigger hats...
I can't wear hats... My ears are too big..

But I agree with you .. Don't tell me.... I don't wanna fill my heart with praise FROM others.. I want it full of praise FOR others.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:19 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I can't wear hats... My ears are too big..

But I agree with you .. Don't tell me.... I don't wanna fill my heart with praise FROM others.. I want it full of praise FOR others.
...that was funny about the ears...lol....but you do have a wonderful heart (born of the Spirit) that you share with others. You have a very pleasant way of doing it also. Keep it goin' my friend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity