Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 07:33 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,118,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
You mean 900 Watt, right? 900 amps would provide for some very serious arc welding.
LOL, you're right LOL I've been looking at welders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
You didn't ask me, but I will tell you anyway that the Valentine is in a class by itself. Only the Valentine locates the radar source as before, beside, or behind you. This is valuable information.

At the Lab where I work, you will see that the Lead-foot Tribe drive a wide variety of cars, but if you look on the windshields, you will see almost all of us have a Valentine.

I bought one back in 1995, and while the newer ones have some additional features, it still works fine and I still use it.
Actually BOTH of my detectors detected from all sides...many times they were ringing off the windshield for miles only for find out I was either in front or behind a cop. I've crossed overpasses and got a signal from cops going over or under in a cross direction. This usually only happens if they are using the rolling radar though.

I like how the Cobra warned me of a speed trap even though no radar was being emitted at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 08:32 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post

So...$64,000 question: Do you have the yellow spoiler guards?
Oh HELL no. Those things trap dirt, and I like my paint intact. Plus theres nothing yellow on my car.
The dealer took them off and put them in the trunk, and I still have them. Not sure if I will sell them on ebay or keep them until I sell the car. I wonder if people are able to buy them from Dodge or not.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Oh HELL no. Those things trap dirt, and I like my paint intact. Plus theres nothing yellow on my car.
The dealer took them off and put them in the trunk, and I still have them. Not sure if I will sell them on ebay or keep them until I sell the car. I wonder if people are able to buy them from Dodge or not.

My car is only driven on nice days so dirt won't be much of a problem. That area of the car will get scratched from loose grit on the road in general though.

I find it odd when the dirt/scratch thing is brought up...the only way to see if any grit scratched the paint is if they are removed!

They are covering plastic, not metal so no worries of a moisture/rust trap like the 80's car bras created.

They do keep the thin plastic down there from getting cracked from curbs and what not though.

I like the look...

Do you need a front plate? if so...how did you mount it?

I toggled mine to the lowest front grille as far right as it would go using a generic frame backing and some toggle bolts.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
My car is only driven on nice days so dirt won't be much of a problem. That area of the car will get scratched from loose grit on the road in general though.

I find it odd when the dirt/scratch thing is brought up...the only way to see if any grit scratched the paint is if they are removed!

They are covering plastic, not metal so no worries of a moisture/rust trap like the 80's car bras created.

They do keep the thin plastic down there from getting cracked from curbs and what not though.

I like the look...

Do you need a front plate? if so...how did you mount it?

I toggled mine to the lowest front grille as far right as it would go using a generic frame backing and some toggle bolts.
Im not as opposed to them as some Dodge guys are. But I like the body line without them.
Im getting a "sto n sho" plate holder. They make them for our cars. I have to have a front plate in NJ, but it mounts under the bumper. No drilling, the mount works with existing screws, and is shaped specifically for the Charger bumper. Then you can snap out the frame that the plate affixes to for shows. Its brilliant. It has rubber stops on the back if you get bumped so the frame doesnt touch the paint.

This is a great video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-rOEu-cXIo

Here it is on Ebay. Its pricey, but Im getting one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/STO-N-SHO-D...6/171686314441

Old 04-18-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Im not as opposed to them as some Dodge guys are. But I like the body line without them.
Im getting a "sto n sho" plate holder. They make them for our cars. I have to have a front plate in NJ, but it mounts under the bumper. No drilling, the mount works with existing screws, and is shaped specifically for the Charger bumper. Then you can snap out the frame that the plate affixes to for shows. Its brilliant. It has rubber stops on the back if you get bumped so the frame doesnt touch the paint.

This is a great video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-rOEu-cXIo

Here it is on Ebay. Its pricey, but Im getting one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/STO-N-SHO-D...6/171686314441

I almost got one, but then decided to do the toggles instead...$90 is a bit steep for that thing.

I kinda like it being in the lower right grille though...it doesn't braek the front body lines.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:55 PM

Back in post #75 I mentioned a heavily modded Ford truck that pulled on me a bit in my RT. Well, I ran into him again but in my SP...things didn't go his way this time!

We both pulled into a station and chatted a bit...turns out it's a Chivy. He remembered the night with my RT so I know it was him.

He told me the biggest mod the truck got was a supercharger, so there's that.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Back in post #75 I mentioned a heavily modded Ford truck that pulled on me a bit in my RT. Well, I ran into him again but in my SP...things didn't go his way this time!

We both pulled into a station and chatted a bit...turns out it's a Chivy. He remembered the night with my RT so I know it was him.

He told me the biggest mod the truck got was a supercharger, so there's that.
Did you see the supercharger? Maybe hes full of it

Old 05-14-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Did you see the supercharger? Maybe hes full of it
No, but I believe him...I doubt a truck would be as fast as his without one...especially a Chivy!
He said it does 13.66 at Bandimere...which is pretty fast at that altitude.

FWIW, Bandimere is at 6k feet elevation but I was reading that the combination or factors there give it closer to 10k elevation effect on cars. I don't get into all that...it's just what I read on some racing forums. I guess a lot of racers don't like to race there due to the massive amount of changes they need to run there and the ease at which breakages occur in that air. Of course, I'm sure the more HP the more of an effect it has, so a stock off the lot car probably isn't as affected other than just running slower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram