Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 09:20 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,552,143 times

Advertisements

I loved my 2017 Scat Pack Charger. I sold it a few months ago because I was doing mostly city driving and the mileage was awful (plus my payments were crazy high). So I traded it for a Volt. I miss the sound and the space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2017, 10:51 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,118,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I loved my 2017 Scat Pack Charger. I sold it a few months ago because I was doing mostly city driving and the mileage was awful (plus my payments were crazy high). So I traded it for a Volt. I miss the sound and the space.
A Chevy Dolt? LOL Did you fall down and hit your head or something?

What kind of fuel were you using and what mileage did you get?
The reasons why I went for the 5.7 where because it was the best value for me...fun enough, fast enough yet still with good enough economy. Plus, I have a CDL and I'm sure if I got one of the faster models, I'd have risked my CDL too much.

Old 12-27-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Some people don't need gobs of power. 300HP gets the Charger to 60MPH in 6.5 seconds, that's more than adequate for a daily driver for many people, gets the job done for me, I have a 2011 RWD Rallye.

I usually get 23/31 for mileage, and the ride is quite nice, even with my bad back I can go 3 or 4 hours without needing to stop.

I used to replace my vehicles every 2 to 3 years as I got bored with them, going on 7 years with this one and have yet to get the urge to trade it in.

Nice looking car....I didn't like the Charger until they changed into the body style you have there...and the later ones too of course.

370hp isn't gobs of power, but it's just fun enough.

Old 12-27-2017, 05:01 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,988,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Nice looking car....I didn't like the Charger until they changed into the body style you have there...and the later ones too of course.

370hp isn't gobs of power, but it's just fun enough.
I had a 2007 Charger, went in to the dealer in July of 2011 and saw it sitting on the showroom floor, took about 5 minutes of contemplation to do the trade.

I'm not a fan of the 2015 redesign, looks like a fat Dart.

Yeah, 370 isn't gobs, but more than some people want. If I had unlimited funds I'd have gone with the Hemi. Heck just last year my dealer had a 2012 black SRT8 that I almost jumped on, but just couldn't justify it.

Old 12-27-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
I had a 2007 Charger, went in to the dealer in July of 2011 and saw it sitting on the showroom floor, took about 5 minutes of contemplation to do the trade.

I'm not a fan of the 2015 redesign, looks like a fat Dart.

Yeah, 370 isn't gobs, but more than some people want. If I had unlimited funds I'd have gone with the Hemi. Heck just last year my dealer had a 2012 black SRT8 that I almost jumped on, but just couldn't justify it.
I never liked the original Chargers...they just looked like an awkward 300.

I'll agree the newer Chargers and Darts look similar from afar but after driving a Dart for a day, I can honestly say they are in no way similar....in fact I see no reason for the Dart to exist at all...

Worst car I've ever driven. Cramped, underpowered, noisy and crappy mileage. It should at least get econobox mileage! The one I drove was only getting 19mpg. My Hemi gets more than that in the city.

Last edited by USMC1984; 12-27-2017 at 05:29 PM..

Old 12-27-2017, 05:18 PM

4,839 posts, read 3,264,426 times
First of September I traded off a '13 Challenger V6 with the Rallye Redline package, which is essentially an R/T without the Hemi. I had a TPMS sensor go bad under warranty, and not the first problem otherwise in nearly 60,000 miles. Like the OP, I kept my foot out of it, and saw nearly 28mpg combined for 4 years... but 305 HP will get that big heavy thing down the road in a hurry if you want it to. I don't like changes to the interior on the '15 and up or I might be in a new one now. Chrysler's never gonna get over the 'bad old days', and it's a shame... because some of their stuff is good now.

Old 12-27-2017, 05:27 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,988,367 times
Quote:
I never liked the original Chargers...they just looked like an awkward 300.

I'll agree the newer Chargers and Darts look similar from afar but after driving a Dart for a day, I can honestly say they are in no way similar....in fact I see no reason for the Dart to exist at all...

Worst carI've ever driven. Cramped, underpowered, noisy and crappy mileage. It should at least get econobox mileage! The one I drove was only getting 19mpg. My Hemi gets more than that in the city.
The 2006 to 2010's weren't bad cars, had some issues with front end components wearing prematurely, The V6 responded well to a tuner, but it could have been called a Monaco, not much on it harkened back to the Chargers of yore, the 2011 and up were a definite improvement, at least had some styling cues from the early days, but it is after all a 4 door sedan, hard to compare it to a 2 door boat of a muscle car.

Old 01-01-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
A Chevy Dolt? LOL Did you fall down and hit your head or something?

What kind of fuel were you using and what mileage did you get?
The reasons why I went for the 5.7 where because it was the best value for me...fun enough, fast enough yet still with good enough economy. Plus, I have a CDL and I'm sure if I got one of the faster models, I'd have risked my CDL too much.
Let's see, I use 1.3 gallons per day to get to work with the Volt, and closer to 5 gallons with the Charger.

The Volt is the smoothest driving car I've ever had.

If money were no object, I would have kept the Scat Pack. But huge car payments coupled with huge insurance payments and a huge gas bill didn't work for me. Plus, there's no need to put 100 miles a day on something that nice. I can get an econobox and beat the crap out of that.

Old 01-01-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Let's see, I use 1.3 gallons per day to get to work with the Volt, and closer to 5 gallons with the Charger.

The Volt is the smoothest driving car I've ever had.

If money were no object, I would have kept the Scat Pack. But huge car payments coupled with huge insurance payments and a huge gas bill didn't work for me. Plus, there's no need to put 100 miles a day on something that nice. I can get an econobox and beat the crap out of that.
Nah, I get it...just razzing you!

That's also why I went with the RT versus the performance models...Not an econobox, but just right for me!

Old 01-01-2018, 04:30 PM

I miss the size. Tons of room. My wife and I took it to Florida last spring, and it was great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram