Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 06:29 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Hmm, I would too if it wasn't for the 6 months of snow. I am doubtful a snow tire has been made that will tame a Hellcats horsepower in icy conditions!

Are you happy with the body shop work done? I have had such mixed results in getting body repairs done at various places before, and I tend to be ultra picky with the appearance of my cars....
Yes, I found a small shop that seamlessly blends that B5 blue, which I've been told is difficult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 07:00 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times
I'm resurrecting this thread, because my wife and I were talking about muscle/pony cars I like. She knows I'm a huge Mustang fan. That being said, she's not a big fan of me getting another 'stang, because it's a 2 door coupe for one thing, no backseat to speak of, and she doesn't feel as comfortable with the idea of me hauling our toddler in a Mustang. In fact, my current car, a perfectly safe Honda Accord, is forbidden from me hauling my toddler, because it's a 2-door coupe. That being said, I do agree that I would not like the idea of having to get a kid in and out of the backseat of a 2-door car - 4-door cars are much easier for that sort of thing.

Now, as to my point in resurrecting this thread. She says she loves the Dodge Charger. I was a big fan of the Charger back during the Dukes of Hazzard days, but when they brought the Charger back last decade, I wasn't so much a fan. It didn't look like a Charger that I was used to seeing, and it was four door. However, as time has went on, I think Dodge has done an outstanding job redesigning the looks to make it look more "mean", and I've gotten used to the four doors. In fact, I've fallen in love with the current generation Charger, and would love to have one. Of course, for me, I wouldn't take anything less than the R/T. I desire that big V8 engine. I was reading this thread to get an idea as to how much people liked the R/T, and if they felt the power was sufficient enough to scoot such a heavy car. Sounds like it's more than adequate. Basically it's like this, if I can't have a Mustang GT, I would be willing to go the Dodge Charger V8 route to get my fix for muscle, along with having a four door car that my wife would allow the toddler to sit in. It would make life a little easier to have two cars that the family could all ride in, as well as me getting that V8 feel back.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:36 AM

Yesterday morning my stock little R/T ROASTED a GT....it had the big roaring exhaust but the sound didn't seem to make it go fast. I was behind him at a light. When green, he peeled out and took off. Before we even got all the way through the intersection, I was passing him in the other lane!

Yeah, that little hemi in the R/T can move that beast just fine.

Before anyone gets all uppity about racing....it was very early in the morning and hardly any traffic.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Yesterday morning my stock little R/T ROASTED a GT....it had the big roaring exhaust but the sound didn't seem to make it go fast. I was behind him at a light. When green, he peeled out and took off. Before we even got all the way through the intersection, I was passing him in the other lane!

Yeah, that little hemi in the R/T can move that beast just fine.

Before anyone gets all uppity about racing....it was very early in the morning and hardly any traffic.
Oh, don't worry. I've had my fill of late night / early morning racing. The weird thing is, it was never other people in muscle cars or sports cars that wanted to race me in my GT, it was always people in grocery getters, like Corollas or Sentras. I remember one evening heading back home from dinner, and this Sentra was trying its best to pass me in my Mustang. I barely had my foot on the pedal, but I could hear them kick that car in the highest gear as possible, and it barely passed me and then cut over in front of me. After that, I swiftly got into the passing lane, barely gave it a bit of gas, and easily left him in my dust. I wasn't even going that fast, but I couldn't understand why they needed to pass me, it wasn't like I was going very slow.

But anyway, it's good to know. I'm agnostic when it comes to muscle cars. I do like the Mustang the most, but in the past few years, I've grown to really love the Chargers. Plus, I have to say it would be kind of nice having cars move over for you because they think you're a cop car.

Old 07-16-2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Plus, I have to say it would be kind of nice having cars move over for you because they think you're a cop car.

I was chatting to a Challenger guy who said he missed his Charger for that very reason....after he said that, I really started noticing just how much that happens. Even though my Charger is B5 blue (The best color IMHO.) and looks nothing like any of the local LEOs, they still move over for me!

Old 07-16-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
I was chatting to a Challenger guy who said he missed his Charger for that very reason....after he said that, I really started noticing just how much that happens. Even though my Charger is B5 blue (The best color IMHO.) and looks nothing like any of the local LEOs, they still move over for me!
LOL! I would absolutely love that! I could probably get home ten minutes earlier from work!

Old 07-20-2018, 03:03 PM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
I have not really noticed traffic moving aside for my Charger, but maybe it has something to do with the red tri-coat. paint. Nobody can fathom even an unmarked going around with that bright of paint!

Old 07-20-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I have not really noticed traffic moving aside for my Charger, but maybe it has something to do with the red tri-coat. paint. Nobody can fathom even an unmarked going around with that bright of paint!
I would think the same is true for the B5 color as well, but then people do seem to move for me in the Charger than any car I've owned in many years.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:24 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,984,695 times
Quote:
I had the same paint (pic on page 1 of this thread), was never mistaken for a cruiser either.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:46 AM

Quote:

While I do like red, I've always been partial to black, white, and even silver. I've seen plenty of cruisers in those colors around my parts. However, I've noticed that the Chargers look good in a variety of colors, especially orange (it would have to! )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram