Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 04:20 PM

30,348 posts, read 19,138,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Yeah, honestly, the R/T would be plenty enough for me. Now I would get the Scat Pack, but I'm afraid that would probably be beyond my budget. The R/T would probably be plenty fun enough for me after driving a Honda Accord lol!
I drove a Honda Accord when I was younger, they are excellent all around cars. But after going from Hondas to BMW and now Dodge Charger HC, I really enjoy the rear wheel drive feel and handling and have zero desire to go back to Honda even though I really liked Honda when I drove them.

The R/T with the ZF 8 speed gives you the V8 sound and torque, a great automatic, a roomy car that is comfortable and quiet when you're not getting on the V8. It also does surprisingly well on gas though obviously nothing like a 4 cylinder Honda.....but if you can swing the 392 motor and the brembo brakes that are in the Scat, even better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 07:41 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,149,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
As I've said, the HC is not justifiable other than you have the extra $ to buy it and want to use that insane motor for a few brief exciting seconds. The Charger R/T is a great value and the SRT and any version with the 392 is more than enough power for anyone to actually use on the street. The HC is my bonus for working my butt off around the globe and my toy for upcoming retirement.
I found this to be the case with my 392. 485HP was more than I could reasonably enjoy on the street. Don't get me wrong, I loved it but didn't always have the opportunity to enjoy it (without losing my license). I think the 415HP in my SS combined with the 6-spd is just about perfect. I am thinking about a supercharger though, because I just can't leave well enough alone.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:08 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,464,633 times
When I went to the Honda Accord (V6 engine) from my Mustang GT, I was hoping the difference would be negligible. I know, I know, going from a V8 down to a V6 - but the HP numbers weren't off by too terribly much. 300 in my GT to 271 in my Accord. Of course, there was a big difference in torque. While my Accord V6 will scoot down the road, the driving experience is nowhere near what it was, obviously, with the Mustang GT. I've driven the car long enough now to be used to it, but I still miss that smile the 'stang put my face when I drove it. The sound, the power, just the overall feel. Been bugging my wife for the last few years about another Mustang - but of course, right now what's stopping us is that we're in the process of selling our house and buying another very soon, and the fact that my Accord is paid off and I really don't miss making car payments!

So, the Charger has become of interest for me for a couple reasons. Certainly the power and the driving experience. But, also, a four door sedan that my wife will allow me to take my son in. She loves the Charger - more than she does the Mustang. I would come closer having her support in getting a Dodge Charger than another Mustang GT. That being said, she knows if we have the money for either car, that I've always been a Mustang guy and would probably go with the Mustang first. But, I would probably be able to get the Charger long before the Mustang, only because it seems to be a car that I can take the whole family in while also being my toy. I can't say that about the Mustang - at least not comfortably.

In a perfect world, I have both! A Hellcat Charger and a Shelby Mustang!

Old 10-04-2018, 11:14 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,610 times
Quote:
I drove a Honda Accord when I was younger, they are excellent all around cars. But after going from Hondas to BMW and now Dodge Charger HC, I really enjoy the rear wheel drive feel and handling and have zero desire to go back to Honda even though I really liked Honda when I drove them.

The R/T with the ZF 8 speed gives you the V8 sound and torque, a great automatic, a roomy car that is comfortable and quiet when you're not getting on the V8. It also does surprisingly well on gas though obviously nothing like a 4 cylinder Honda.....but if you can swing the 392 motor and the brembo brakes that are in the Scat, even better.
Well this confirms why I want my next car to be a scat pack and not a BMW.
Maybe when Im older.

Old 10-25-2018, 12:29 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,680 times

Well, I LOVE love love my B5 R/T Charger, but als, I've decided to trade it in...after much research, I've decided to special order a 2019 B5 Charger R/T Scat Pack! I can't order it until sometime next month then I guess it can take up to eight weeks to arrive...I'm excited though.

I decided to go with very few options to include:
B5 (naturally.) $69
Harmon Kardon system $1,595
Dynamics Pkg $2.200

That's it!

BTW, I'm ordering through either Sam's Club or Costco...haven't decided which if either is better for discounts yet. It does seem on the surface that Sam's has more discounts but until I press the button I won't know for sure.

I'm waiting for all my bills to be paid off, including the current Charger and for the payoffs to be reflected in my credit score before ordering.

I'm also looking for an older (90-93) Dodge 4x4 longbed gas engine to use to go to/from work, due to the conditions of the parking at my job.

The SP will be a garage queen and only used for MY miles...not for to/from work.

Just like my 2016 R/T, I will keep it completely stock....I believe mods are a black hole...and you can never completely compare two cars once you start modding them.

Besides, even in the R/T, on the street I've only ever been pulled by three vehicles...a modded Sti, a Camaro SS and surprisingly, a heavily modded Ford truck...although the truck and I only went a short way before having to slow due to cars ahead...I suspect his pull was mostly him getting a jump and me not having enough room for the 8 speed to do it's thing...but I give credit where credit is due.

In my area I doubt much will pull on me...except a local HC...which I forgot about, so that makes four...but that one is totally expected...Duh! I don't know the guy, but have run into him a few times...we play if there's safe road ahead and we're out in the open.

I'm looking forward to the upgrade and think it will be a fun although unneccessary expense....but, you know...YOLO. I hate that phrase, and yet I used it!

Old 10-26-2018, 07:36 PM

30,348 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post

Well, I LOVE love love my B5 R/T Charger, but als, I've decided to trade it in...after much research, I've decided to special order a 2019 B5 Charger R/T Scat Pack! I can't order it until sometime next month then I guess it can take up to eight weeks to arrive...I'm excited though.

I decided to go with very few options to include:
B5 (naturally.) $69
Harmon Kardon system $1,595
Dynamics Pkg $2.200

That's it!

BTW, I'm ordering through either Sam's Club or Costco...haven't decided which if either is better for discounts yet. It does seem on the surface that Sam's has more discounts but until I press the button I won't know for sure.

I'm waiting for all my bills to be paid off, including the current Charger and for the payoffs to be reflected in my credit score before ordering.

I'm also looking for an older (90-93) Dodge 4x4 longbed gas engine to use to go to/from work, due to the conditions of the parking at my job.

The SP will be a garage queen and only used for MY miles...not for to/from work.

Just like my 2016 R/T, I will keep it completely stock....I believe mods are a black hole...and you can never completely compare two cars once you start modding them.

Besides, even in the R/T, on the street I've only ever been pulled by three vehicles...a modded Sti, a Camaro SS and surprisingly, a heavily modded Ford truck...although the truck and I only went a short way before having to slow due to cars ahead...I suspect his pull was mostly him getting a jump and me not having enough room for the 8 speed to do it's thing...but I give credit where credit is due.

In my area I doubt much will pull on me...except a local HC...which I forgot about, so that makes four...but that one is totally expected...Duh! I don't know the guy, but have run into him a few times...we play if there's safe road ahead and we're out in the open.

I'm looking forward to the upgrade and think it will be a fun although unneccessary expense....but, you know...YOLO. I hate that phrase, and yet I used it!
You'll love it...congrats!

Old 10-26-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
You'll love it...congrats!
We, since it'll basically be the same car I have now but bigger tires, sound system and more HP, how could I not love it!

Old 11-02-2018, 08:47 PM

Well, I ordered the Scat Pack! They tell me it's going to be 8-10 weeks....ugh! I'm excited though.

I decided to put a dual Rallye stripe on it like the stock dual carbon stripe but a satin blue that is very close to the B5 but ever so slightly darker. It'll be subtle but I think that will look very good and different. Not quite a ghost stripe but close.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:23 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,002,224 times
You will love it, and having the stripes will make it that much more distinctive!

Old 11-23-2018, 11:41 PM

UPDATE! I just got wind that the car is built, awaiting QC clearance to ship!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram