Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 06:58 PM

30,348 posts, read 19,134,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
Well that was the plan until it was sideswiped by a FedEx truck while sitting in front of my house a few weeks back! The damage isn't too bad, estimates about 10k so far but it'll never be the same to me. Not to mention the diminished value. I'm sick over it, I loved that car. Rare color too, Regal Peacock Green. It's a beauty. Well it was at least.

Considering a Challenger or SRT Durango now (among other things). We'll see how the work comes out.
How would compare the SS to the 392 SRT? I drove the SS when I was deciding and didn't like it as well as I thought I would because of the transmission and at 6'6", it felt a bit tight for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 06:37 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,149,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
How would compare the SS to the 392 SRT? I drove the SS when I was deciding and didn't like it as well as I thought I would because of the transmission and at 6'6", it felt a bit tight for me.
I liked my SRT (and my R/T) a lot. I would say that the cars are the same but different. The Charger drives much "larger" than the SS, the Chevy feels smaller and lighter than it actually is. It feels much sharper in the corners where the SRT is just a bull in a China shop. They're both really quick but the SRT felt faster and it is, but not by much. I think because the SRT is so much louder. Honestly, the loud exhaust was great and I loved it but it became a little tiresome at times. It wasn't bad but it was noticeable when I'd get in a "normal" car. For example, I rented a Camaro SS on vacation when I owned the Dodge and I actually enjoyed the quiet. That's probably my favorite part of my SS, the bimodal exhaust system. I can tone it down and not annoy my neighbors when I go out at night or take my wife out or I can make it loud when I want to.

I also prefer the seating position in the SS. With the high belt line in the Charger, you sit "in" it and it feels like sitting in a coffin sometimes. The SS is more like a 80s Honda Accord (I mean that as a compliment lol) where the visibility is great. While the seats in the SRT look really comfortable, they hurt my back where I can drive the SS all day.

You're right about the transmission in the SS. I'm actually on my 2nd SS, the first was a 2015 automatic that I traded for a 6mt when GM had the 20% off sale in early 2017. You can't compare the A6 in the SS to the ZF 8HP in the Dodge. The SRT takes it, I loved the way it shifted either in auto mode or with the paddles. It's probably the first car with shift paddles that I actually enjoyed using. If you prefer a manual though, the choice is already made for you (unless you get a Challenger).

They're both great and you can't go wrong with either one!

Old 08-06-2018, 07:40 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,463,666 times
Admittedly, I'm more of a Ford Mustang GT guy. I would like to have another GT, but my wife continues to be more resistant to the idea of me owning a Mustang. Really, honestly, it just has to do with the fact that the Mustang is a coupe and not a four door. She loves the Charger. We saw a newer Charger R/T at the airport the other night - all black. She totally digs the car. I figured it would be a nice compromise. If, down the road, I'm ready for another car, I would get the Charger to satisfy her need for me to have a four door sedan, while I get a car that can provide me some of that performance and power that I have missed since giving up my '06 GT.

I thought I could talk her into me having a Mustang Ecoboost, but she still feels it will limit us when it comes to hauling our child around. And honestly, if I'm going to own a Mustang, I want the V8. Same for the Charger. I want, at least, the R/T, if not the scat pack. And I want it in all black.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Admittedly, I'm more of a Ford Mustang GT guy. I would like to have another GT, but my wife continues to be more resistant to the idea of me owning a Mustang. Really, honestly, it just has to do with the fact that the Mustang is a coupe and not a four door. She loves the Charger. We saw a newer Charger R/T at the airport the other night - all black. She totally digs the car. I figured it would be a nice compromise. If, down the road, I'm ready for another car, I would get the Charger to satisfy her need for me to have a four door sedan, while I get a car that can provide me some of that performance and power that I have missed since giving up my '06 GT.

I thought I could talk her into me having a Mustang Ecoboost, but she still feels it will limit us when it comes to hauling our child around. And honestly, if I'm going to own a Mustang, I want the V8. Same for the Charger. I want, at least, the R/T, if not the scat pack. And I want it in all black.
yeah I at first ordered an M2 Beemer but after driving the Camaro SS, I decided I wanted that but wife hated it and then I found the deal on the Charger hellcat....I love love love it and wife wishes I had bought the M2....only on rare occasions do I wish I had the M2 or Camaro....I've offered to buy wife an M2 if she really wants one.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
yeah I at first ordered an M2 Beemer but after driving the Camaro SS, I decided I wanted that but wife hated it and then I found the deal on the Charger hellcat....I love love love it and wife wishes I had bought the M2....only on rare occasions do I wish I had the M2 or Camaro....I've offered to buy wife an M2 if she really wants one.
I can't imagine having a Hellcat! I think the lowest price I've seen on a Hellcat Charger was something in the mid $40k's - used of course! Only had about 8,000 miles on it, so barely broken in. But still, anything over $40k is out of my price range. Maybe if I win the lottery someday lol!

Old 08-11-2018, 06:40 AM

Quote:
I can't imagine having a Hellcat! I think the lowest price I've seen on a Hellcat Charger was something in the mid $40k's - used of course! Only had about 8,000 miles on it, so barely broken in. But still, anything over $40k is out of my price range. Maybe if I win the lottery someday lol!
I bought a leftover model but new and less than 90 miles on it for $60k....It wasn't equipped exactly the way i wanted and it wasn't my first choice color but I bought the best deal in the US at the time for a new Charger HC. Right now I'm working in Baku, Azerbaijan and missing it...it's a beast.

Old 08-11-2018, 07:53 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,624,724 times
Quote:
I'm thinking a used Hellcat with 8K on it, has been really "BROKEN"in.

Old 08-11-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
You need to watch Doug Demuro's about the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd HC owner. Most of the 1st owner's baby these cars and they never get anywhere near the real capability...me included. I'll punch it for 2-3 seconds and i'm good and already worrying about cops and life.

As I've said, the HC is not justifiable other than you have the extra $ to buy it and want to use that insane motor for a few brief exciting seconds. The Charger R/T is a great value and the SRT and any version with the 392 is more than enough power for anyone to actually use on the street. The HC is my bonus for working my butt off around the globe and my toy for upcoming retirement.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
8,000 miles? Hardly been used unless you're talking about a 2018.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
You need to watch Doug Demuro's about the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd HC owner. Most of the 1st owner's baby these cars and they never get anywhere near the real capability...me included. I'll punch it for 2-3 seconds and i'm good and already worrying about cops and life.

As I've said, the HC is not justifiable other than you have the extra $ to buy it and want to use that insane motor for a few brief exciting seconds. The Charger R/T is a great value and the SRT and any version with the 392 is more than enough power for anyone to actually use on the street. The HC is my bonus for working my butt off around the globe and my toy for upcoming retirement.
Yeah, honestly, the R/T would be plenty enough for me. Now I would get the Scat Pack, but I'm afraid that would probably be beyond my budget. The R/T would probably be plenty fun enough for me after driving a Honda Accord lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram