Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 07:00 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times

Advertisements

I did some further searching on FabriClear and turned up some interesting review sites. One site had a couple of hundred personal reviews submitted. The first thing which stood out were the number of complaints on how long it took to receive the product after ordering. The majority of reviewers seemed to think the product is oversold and does not do what the advertising indicates, particularly penetrating into fabric and killing eggs. Surprising only a small percentage of reviewers stated it was pure junk and totally ineffective. One interesting review said they sprayed the product direcfly on a group of bedbugs and they seemed to belly up. They swept the bug up and put them into a ZipLoc bag for disposal, and set it aside. They said surprising about an hour later the bugs had revived and were crawling all over the inside of the bag.

I also came across another product named EucoClean 3-in-1. It comes out of Australia and the primary ingredient is Eucalyptus Oil. In addition to bedbugs it is claimed to kill all kings of insects in addition to being an effective clearner and deodorizer. The reviews I have found online have virtually all been positive relative to effectiveness, the only real complaint being they need a bigger bottle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 08:43 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,751,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I did some further searching on FabriClear and turned up some interesting review sites. One site had a couple of hundred personal reviews submitted. The first thing which stood out were the number of complaints on how long it took to receive the product after ordering. The majority of reviewers seemed to think the product is oversold and does not do what the advertising indicates, particularly penetrating into fabric and killing eggs. Surprising only a small percentage of reviewers stated it was pure junk and totally ineffective. One interesting review said they sprayed the product direcfly on a group of bedbugs and they seemed to belly up. They swept the bug up and put them into a ZipLoc bag for disposal, and set it aside. They said surprising about an hour later the bugs had revived and were crawling all over the inside of the bag.

I also came across another product named EucoClean 3-in-1. It comes out of Australia and the primary ingredient is Eucalyptus Oil. In addition to bedbugs it is claimed to kill all kings of insects in addition to being an effective clearner and deodorizer. The reviews I have found online have virtually all been positive relative to effectiveness, the only real complaint being they need a bigger bottle.
There is/are more than one strain of bed bugs. If the ones in the Ziploc bag were already resistent to the product they might very well recover. Some recover from alcohol, too, not to mention (again) that DDT is considered ineffective in these "modern" times.

If you are going to be looking up things, look up Diatomaceous Earth (DE).

Old 12-08-2012, 04:45 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpathianPeasant View Post
If you are going to be looking up things, look up Diatomaceous Earth (DE).
Yeah, I have been looking at that too. Still trying to figure out the difference between Food grade and I guess non-Food grade. Need to go further and see just what insects it is effective for and how to apply.

Thought I might give that Eucoclean 3-in-1 from Australia a try just to have it around. The reviews I read said it will kill just about any small insects, bedbugs, dust mites, ants, spiders, fleas, and so forth. They said it also has a nice not too pungent smell and works good as a surface cleaner and deodorizer. Recommended spraying it into air ducts to kill mold and improve smell. If it does all that I should have some around for general use. Far as I know we don't have any bedbugs, but it won't hurt to have something on hand in case we think we do.

I liked your comment on the professionals. I also believe some so-called professionals are no better than a well-informed DIY person. A couple of years ago the last thing from my mind was bedbugs, now it seems we have a national epidemic. If we actually encounter any, it may be my first time to actually pay the fee and contact Angie's List. I would like to hear from some people who have fought the battle and who performed for them.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Yeah, I have been looking at that too. Still trying to figure out the difference between Food grade and I guess non-Food grade. Need to go further and see just what insects it is effective for and how to apply.

I liked your comment on the professionals. I also believe some so-called professionals are no better than a well-informed DIY person. A couple of years ago the last thing from my mind was bedbugs, now it seems we have a national epidemic. If we actually encounter any, it may be my first time to actually pay the fee and contact Angie's List. I would like to hear from some people who have fought the battle and who performed for them.
I have used diatomaceous earth to my satisfaction. It takes a long time and people want instant. There is no instant.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:31 AM

Cincinnati down, Dayton & Louisville up....

The 2012 totals from Orkin:

Top City for Bedbugs Named - Yahoo! News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati