Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 10:49 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times

Advertisements

Cleveland_Collector, I've been to WSM... there's no comparison, trust me. Just like there's no comparison to JJ's and FM. Two different establishments, but JJ's is a whole 'nother beast. There's tours for God's sake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 11:03 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,177,213 times
And, I've been to JJ's. That's what I'm saying...it's a friggin them park. I'll ask again: Outside of cigars and booze, what can I not get at the WSM that I can get at JJ's?

Old 01-10-2011, 05:54 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
And, I've been to JJ's. That's what I'm saying...it's a friggin them park. I'll ask again: Outside of cigars and booze, what can I not get at the WSM that I can get at JJ's?
Your rhetorical question does not make any more sense this time than the last. No one here is stupid enough to take the bait. JJ probably has 25000 SKU's and neither you nor me nor anyone else knows exactly what they are. And WSM probably doesn't operate by SKU's and you wouldn't know what they are if they did.

So just move on, you've made your Clevelander point: "WSM is a great place to shop." We get it.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:04 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Absurd, we can tell you haven't been here just from this question.

The better question is what can you not get at JJ's?

If you're really interested in its inventory, browse the site and read folks comments.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Your rhetorical question does not make any more sense this time than the last. No one here is stupid enough to take the bait. JJ probably has 25000 SKU's and neither you nor me nor anyone else knows exactly what they are. And WSM probably doesn't operate by SKU's and you wouldn't know what they are if they did.

So just move on, you've made your Clevelander point: "WSM is a great place to shop." We get it.
I was wrong. There is someone.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:18 AM

279 posts, read 717,836 times
Jungle Jim's is indeed awesome. I won't get into the debate since I've never been to this West Side Market, but I will say you'd be hard pressed to beat JJ in terms of attraction and selection. The fact that it is like a theme park is part of what makes people want to go, I don't understand how that's been turned into a negative. Hell, I even remember reading a list of coolest bathrooms or something and yep, JJ's was #1. Yes, it is a bathroom, but its nifty as hell. Again, just another reason people come, it's wild and interesting. It goes beyond just the ridiculous selection of food. I love having JJ here!

Old 01-10-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby513 View Post
Jungle Jim's is indeed awesome. I won't get into the debate since I've never been to this West Side Market, but I will say you'd be hard pressed to beat JJ in terms of attraction and selection. The fact that it is like a theme park is part of what makes people want to go, I don't understand how that's been turned into a negative. Hell, I even remember reading a list of coolest bathrooms or something and yep, JJ's was #1. Yes, it is a bathroom, but its nifty as hell. Again, just another reason people come, it's wild and interesting. It goes beyond just the ridiculous selection of food. I love having JJ here!
Next time I'm up there, I will snap a cell phone shot of a shelf with 200 different Korean spices on it and post it up here and the Clevelander can tell me which vendors have those items.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:14 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,797,022 times
I view JJ as a destination in itself, sort of like the original Outdoor World Bass Pro Shop store in Springfield Missouri is for sportsmen, with tour buses on the way to Branson stopping there.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:25 AM

2,554 posts, read 6,903,195 times
So this place is building a monorail too? Is it elevated? Well, looks like Cincy is starting on its rail earlier than expected.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:39 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,797,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
So this place is building a monorail too? Is it elevated? Well, looks like Cincy is starting on its rail earlier than expected.
The monorail was originally installed at Kings Island in their Wild Animal Safari attraction. When Kings Island decided to do away with this the monorail was acquired by JJ. Only a small portion of it has been installed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati