Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 09:23 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,101,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
From what i see most regret moving there.

And charlotte could easily see atlanta if it goes through a building boom for the next 15 years or so. Just like 10 years ago people didnt know s..t about a Atlanta. The A is not that serious to where it would take other city's decades upon decades to catch up too
10 years ago Atlanta was over twice as large as Charlotte ) So how on earth can with in 15 year a city pass another place that's 3x larger nealy 4 mil people more, density over 3 x with it's area and growing faster.. catch up in less than 15 years. ) Charlotte would be growing faster than Dallas heck it be would growing faster than Lagos ROFL.

Charlotte is 1.8 million now, by numbers Charlotte would have to be growing 350,000 a year by that rate, if it can pass Atlanta in 10 or 15 years the metro will pass New York in 40 years. But yet again rate and raw numbers aren't the samething so about time when Charlotte pass Atlanta in 10 to 15 years it would be growing over 500,000 a year. So Charlotte is projected to pass New York in just 25 to 30 years. Sunbelt cities don't grew like that, heck 3rd world booming cities don't grow like that. LMAO Can you image the National Geographic specials "The city that is grewing 400% a decade"

LOL Ten years ago no one knew s..t about Atlanta but yet strangely 20 years ago Atlanta won the bid for the Centennial Olympics, but don't worry you make plenty of sense. P.S most relos I know like Atlanta, Heck my family are relos in some sense from Chicago, but I love how non Atlantans can tell some Atlantans about how other Atlantans feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 09:38 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
Atlanta is still a MEDIUM sized city and there are plenty of better city's within the US. Atlanta is a big suburb with a downtown that has like ten people walking through it. I've been there before, lets not make it more than what it is.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-19-2010 at 04:16 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 08-18-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchezMugler View Post
Lol this guys is funny everyone please don't get rowdy.This is very common with this poster. Beware he gets a hard on from belittle the sunbelt cities he will be the reason this thread gets closed with his boring outdated comments..
Aight whatever. The only reason why i chimed in is because atlanta was completely downing charlotte. The only cities that can completely belittle city's in the United States is Los Angelos,Chicago and New York. Everything else other than those three are fair game. The A---- is a medium sized city and can be over tooken period.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:00 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,580,735 times
Quote:
Aight whatever. The only reason why i chimed in is because atlanta was completely downing charlotte. The only cities that can completely belittle citys in the United States is Los Angelos,Chicago and New York. Everything else other than those three are fair game. The A is a medium sized city and can be over tooken period.
I hope your joking.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
I hope your joking.
Not at all. All other cities in the US pale in comparison to those three

Old 08-18-2010, 10:06 PM

123 posts, read 157,624 times
Quote:
Aight whatever. The only reason why i chimed in is because atlanta was completely downing charlotte. The only cities that can completely belittle city's in the United States is Los Angelos,Chicago and New York. Everything else other than those three are fair game. The A---- is a medium sized city and can be over tooken period.
Chicago NYC LA can't belittle anyone either because truth be told I can go in and belittle those 3 I model and have spent hella time in NYC and LA..Do I need too NO!!!! Atlanta is classified as a major city if you can't except that fine.. But it's a fact, that outwieghs your silly opinion..

Old 08-18-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchezMugler View Post
Chicago NYC LA can't belittle anyone either because truth be told I can go in and belittle those 3 I model and have spent hella time in NYC and LA..Do I need too NO!!!! Atlanta is classified as a major city if you can't except that fine.. But it's a fact, that outwieghs your silly opinion..
Are u a stand up comedian? Those three city's are leagues,oceans and dimensions better than the ATL lol. Atlanta is a medium city that tries too hard to be a major city(los angelos of the east NYC of the south lol). Atlanta is big in the south and the south only. Not a global player like those three. Dont make me laugh.

There are only three hardbody cities in this country and atl aint one of them

Old 08-18-2010, 10:25 PM

649 posts, read 1,423,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
10 years ago Atlanta was over twice as large as Charlotte ) So how on earth can with in 15 year a city pass another place that's 3x larger nealy 4 mil people more, density over 3 x with it's area and growing faster.. catch up in less than 15 years. ) Charlotte would be growing faster than Dallas heck it be would growing faster than Lagos ROFL.

Charlotte is 1.8 million now, by numbers Charlotte would have to be growing 350,000 a year by that rate, if it can pass Atlanta in 10 or 15 years the metro will pass New York in 40 years. But yet again rate and raw numbers aren't the samething so about time when Charlotte pass Atlanta in 10 to 15 years it would be growing over 500,000 a year. So Charlotte is projected to pass New York in just 25 to 30 years. Sunbelt cities don't grew like that, heck 3rd world booming cities don't grow like that. LMAO Can you image the National Geographic specials "The city that is grewing 400% a decade"

LOL Ten years ago no one knew s..t about Atlanta but yet strangely 20 years ago Atlanta won the bid for the Centennial Olympics, but don't worry you make plenty of sense. P.S most relos I know like Atlanta, Heck my family are relos in some sense from Chicago, but I love how non Atlantans can tell some Atlantans about how other Atlantans feel.
Great post!

While all this is happening, Atlanta's growth would have to be completely stagnate LOL. Atlanta's MSA grew over 1 million people the last decade. that's over 60% of Charlotte's current MSA population in 1 decade. What's next K.o.n.y? Orlando is going to pass Miami in 10 years? lol.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:27 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,865,184 times
Quote:
Aight whatever. The only reason why i chimed in is because atlanta was completely downing charlotte.
For the most part, most Atlanta posters have been pretty objective and reasonable here. I hate the fact that your hatred of Atlanta has derailed an otherwise decent discussion. Take it somewhere else dude.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
For the most part, most Atlanta posters have been pretty objective and reasonable here. I hate the fact that your hatred of Atlanta has derailed an otherwise decent discussion. Take it somewhere else dude.
Well im through, i tried to help Charlotte. Take note though, while you think some new yorkers maybe over the top and through the roof...we have pride in our city. I've seen nothing but weakness from the charlotte posters, not just on this thread but other atl/charlotte threads aswell. Stand up for yourself a little better in the future. If your not going up against chi,nyc or la than every city is fair game thats the mentality your supposed to go in with.

But oh well im not going to defend any city past a couple post besides nyc anyway so im out. Good luck getting nailed by a SMEDIUM sized city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City