Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2024, 05:00 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,560,868 times

Advertisements

As mentioned by others some of the better luxury hotels are not chains. The Salamander in Washington DC was the Mandarin, and now is more exclusive under the new brand.

Aside from that should we be adding Sofitel? To my understanding their locations are:

New York
Philadelphia
Washington DC
Chicago
Los Angeles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2024, 05:05 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,560,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
So does DC. DC has a Four Seasons and a St. Regis. DC’s Mandarin hotel was upgraded to the Salamander brand which is rated a 5 star resort.
Here are the websites for these:

Four Seasons Georgetown:
https://www.fourseasons.com/washingt...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

St. Regis:
https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...n-dc/overview/

5-Star Salamander Washington DC:
https://www.salamanderdc.com/?nck=11...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joakim3 View Post
DC lost one of its Ritz-Carlton's, while Baltimore has (to my knowledge) the only US Ritz-Carlton residences complex.
There's also two in the DC suburbs in Tysons and Arlington.

Last edited by the resident09; 01-14-2024 at 05:23 PM..

Old 01-14-2024, 05:12 PM

3,527 posts, read 2,321,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
There are a number of Ritz Carlton Residences under development in SoFla: Miami Beach, Sunny Isles, Pompano and Palm Beach Gardens that are in addition to the existing Coconut Grove.

https://www.miamicondoinvestments.co...t-grove-condos
I figured as much. From what I'm told the Ritz-Carlton residences operate like more upscale Airbnb/extended stay sweets than their hotels/resorts.

Old 01-14-2024, 05:14 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,547,418 times
Quote:
I figured as much. From what I'm told the Ritz-Carlton residences operate like more upscale Airbnb/extended stay sweets than their hotels/resorts.
Possible….Four Seasons also has some properties that are combination hotels/residences—such as the one up the street from me in Brickell. I believe Mandarin Oriental has, or will, as well (Boca, Brickell Key…not sure about elsewhere—NYC?? )

Surprised nobody has mentioned Rosewood (I’m too lazy to list them).

Old 01-14-2024, 08:19 PM

9,870 posts, read 6,583,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Possible….Four Seasons also has some properties that are combination hotels/residences—such as the one up the street from me in Brickell. I believe Mandarin Oriental has, or will, as well (Boca, Brickell Key…not sure about elsewhere—NYC?? )

Surprised nobody has mentioned Rosewood (I’m too lazy to list them).
Yep. Rosewood is in this. Then there’s Montage hotels

Old 01-14-2024, 08:21 PM

9,870 posts, read 6,583,760 times
Quote:
Traditionally, it wasn’t that way. But that’s the direction Ritz Carlton is headed. The first Ritz Carlton residencies in the Houston area will be going to the Woodlands and it will operate as a residencies an AirBNB type extended stay option for some rooms

There’s also a Ritz Carlton in Saudi Arabia that’s a luxury prison

Old 01-15-2024, 05:07 AM

1,393 posts, read 860,647 times
The only Raffles hotel in North America is currently in Boston

Old 01-15-2024, 06:47 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,547,418 times
For luxury, 98% of which are not part of a chain, boutique hotels I’m a big fan of The Leading Hotels of the World group.

Whenever possible (translation: those participating hotels in the group that do not fetch $900-2000+/night…there are a few, some under $500/night), I started booking at member hotels. If you sign up for their Leaders Club loyalty program on lhw.com you often get fantastic rates, they offer specials at some properties (stay 3 nights and the 4th is free), breakfast for 2 included, upgraded room if available and regardless of point total/status, early check in and late check out.

Last edited by elchevere; 01-15-2024 at 06:56 AM..

Old 01-15-2024, 08:19 AM

9,379 posts, read 9,331,923 times
Quote:
DC lost one of its Ritz-Carlton's, while Baltimore has (to my knowledge) the only US Ritz-Carlton residences complex.
There are Ritz Residences towers in Philadelphia and Chicago.

The concept is not as uncommon as you my think.

Old 01-15-2024, 08:30 AM

4,503 posts, read 4,613,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
In almost every thread you post in, you just post the most blatantly obvious things like:

Dallas is on the list.

Dallas is number 2.

Dallas tied blah, blah..

etc.

It's quite repetitive and not needed.
Don't sweat the small stuff. It's really not that big of a deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City