Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 09:32 AM

882 posts, read 2,245,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
I am so sick and tired of these Houston Dallas Atlanta Miami debates ... give it a freakin' rest people. None of it matters and nobody gives a $&#&! anymore!
I've said it before; lift the ban on skyline threads, and ban all Dallas vs Miami vs Atlanta vs Houston threads, or any threads comparing one of those to another aforementioned city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 05:29 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,805,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
You accused me of charging en masse with other Atlanta forumers into every Atlanta related thread to start fights, liar. And you proved absolutely nothing that you claim, you just twisted things to fit your tired agenda. As of now, you have zero credibility going forward.

I am convinced at this point that you are a formerly banned member that is back yet again under another fake account.
Exactly...maybe Ghost of BlaphEmy? I seem to remember a very irritating banned member who also couldn't spell - and despised Atlanta...

Old 09-19-2010, 06:13 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Perhaps not, but that doesnt make it not diverse. Atlanta (like every city) has areas that are and arent diverse. Gwinnett county is a very diverse place. Even though Atlanta may not have the number of Asians that Houston or Dallas does, the metro Atlanta area is attracting Koreans like moths to a porch light. They have got some things going for them.
I happen to like Houston's K-town better. Its not way out in the suburbs like Atlanta's Asian strip malls are.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:23 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I happen to like Houston's K-town better. Its not way out in the suburbs like Atlanta's Asian strip malls are.
Wrong. Atlanta's Asian strip malls start WAY inside I-285 along Buford Hwy, just as they have for the past several decades.

The newer, more upscale Korean growth IS centered in Gwinnett, but the original Asian roots are still there inside the Perimeter. Even in the middle of this recession, there are several multi-level Asian strip malls being developed ITP. They are increasingly becoming more and more Vietnamese in the original area - but there are still a LOT of Koreans there.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Wrong. Atlanta's Asian strip malls start WAY inside I-285 along Buford Hwy, just as they have for the past several decades.

The newer, more upscale Korean growth IS centered in Gwinnett, but the original Asian roots are still there inside the Perimeter. Even in the middle of this recession, there are several multi-level Asian strip malls being developed ITP. They are increasingly becoming more and more Vietnamese in the original area - but there are still a LOT of Koreans there.
Nothing new here. Houston's Asian roots are a lot deeper than Atlanta's.

We have an old Chinatown & Little Saigon near downtown as well as a New Chinatown & K-town a little further out.

Houston has way more ethnic enclaves than ATL.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:34 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Houston's K-Town is still infested with strip malls regardless of its location though (Which is still suburban).

Old 09-19-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Nothing new here. Houston's Asian roots are a lot deeper than Atlanta's.

We have an old Chinatown & Little Saigon near downtown as well as a New Chinatown & K-town a little further out.

Houston has way more ethnic enclaves than ATL.
You were flat out wrong, though.

You claimed, and I quote: "I happen to like Houston's K-town better. Its not way out in the suburbs like Atlanta's Asian strip malls are."

Nice way to twist the conversation to suit what you intended to say originally.

If you intend to turn this into yet another pi$$ing contest between Houston & Atlanta, at least be honest about your intentions up front.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Houston's K-Town is still infested with strip malls regardless of its location though (Which is still suburban).
Suburban by who's standards, yours? Its still in the City of Houston regardless & in the neighborhood of Spring Branch.

The area may not be the best in the city, but its far from the worst. I also like the surrounding pine trees all over the place.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:44 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Suburban by who's standards, yours? Its still in the City of Houston regardless & in the neighborhood of Spring Branch.
Suburban by everyone's standards I hope.......

I see nothing urban about these pictures:
Houston’s Koreatown – A Mini Photo Tour | Houston Metblogs

Old 09-19-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
And if our City Limits were as massive as Houston's, 80% of our enclaves would also be in the City.

Nice way to admit you were wrong about Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City