Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 08:57 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
$1,000 dollars a month is the price to live in a more than decent rowhome in a decent neigborhoood or nice suburb. It only cost between $500-$600 a month or less to live in an effeciency or small apt. in the ghetto. The upside to Philly is that you get the most bang for your buck compared to other metros, even Houston.
The most bang for your buck? doesn't sound like it to me. If you are paying 600 for an efficiency it sounds like you are getting royally screwed to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 09:47 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,722,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
The most bang for your buck? doesn't sound like it to me. If you are paying 600 for an efficiency it sounds like you are getting royally screwed to me
Between $400-$500 for an efficiency.

For that price in or around Houston you'd be living in a crummy trailer.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:

ha ha ha. you got me cracking up here. I have never seen a trailer in my life dude. And my last apartment in Houston was a 1 bedroom 900sqft near the galleria for 400 a month. There were two bedrooms for less than 500.

I like how you keep decreasing the numbers for philly tho. 1st it was 5 to 6, now it is 4 to 5. Some how I don't believe you. I highly doubt you can find anything other than a friendly hobo willing to share his box for less than 500 in Philly.

You guys try too hard to make up stupid lies

Old 09-23-2010, 11:16 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,482 times
Quote:
$1,000 dollars a month is the price to live in a more than decent rowhome in a decent neigborhoood or nice suburb. It only cost between $500-$600 a month or less to live in an effeciency or small apt. in the ghetto. The upside to Philly is that you get the most bang for your buck compared to other metros, even Houston.

You do not get a bang for your buck and you dont get half of the stuff you would get in the south for 600 dollars lol what a joke.. 1000 dollars is a mortgage on a 4 bedroom house. Houseing and affordability is one of the main reason Your fellow nieghbors are punching it south.. They realize its a come up...

Old 09-23-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
You do not get a bang for your buck and you dont get half of the stuff you would get in the south for 600 dollars lol what a joke.. 1000 dollars is a mortgage on a 4 bedroom house. Houseing and affordability is one of the main reason Your fellow nieghbors are punching it south.. They realize its a come up...
at least they had the brains to skedaddle

Old 09-23-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:

And for the price in and around philly you will be living in a decaying, urine smelling apt somewhere in the trashed areas of west or North Philly

Old 09-23-2010, 11:41 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,803,714 times
Quote:
And for the price in and around philly you will be living in a decaying, urine smelling apt somewhere in the trashed areas of west or North Philly
Y'all aren't playing very nice...you know there are beautiful areas of Philly just like there are in other cities. I have seen some of them first hand, and you know that 5 million+ people wouldn't live there if it's like you described.

I know you can be more tactful than this and participate in a civil discussion with folks from other cities. It's difficult sometimes, but let's try it. Now you boys kiss and make up and let's all get along!

Old 09-23-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Y'all aren't playing very nice...you know there are beautiful areas of Philly just like there are in other cities. I have seen some of them first hand, and you know that 5 million+ people wouldn't live there if it's like you described.

I know you can be more tactful than this and participate in a civil discussion with folks from other cities. It's difficult sometimes, but let's try it. Now you boys kiss and make up and let's all get along!
Just giving them him a taste of his own medicine. He is always so vicious when describing southern cities. It was kinda nice letting him feel how not nice it is.

Funny thing is I doubt he has ever set foot in the south, he keeps repeating things that are clearly wrong

Old 09-23-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post

I know you can be more tactful than this and participate in a civil discussion with folks from other cities. It's difficult sometimes, but let's try it. Now you boys kiss and make up and let's aI know there are wonderful parts of Phll get along!

Deacon we are just having fun.. But this is just to let them know there region has faults just like the south.. I know there are wonderful parts of philly.. But its tit for tat for now.. we sit around and let them disrespect our region not anymore.. When they start showing respect Ill do he same..

Old 09-23-2010, 11:55 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,803,714 times
Quote:
Deacon we are just having fun.. But this is just to let them know there region has faults just like the south.. I know there are wonderful parts of philly.. But its tit for tat for now.. we sit around and let them disrespect our region not anymore....
I know it's hard...there are a lot of South-haters on this site, but when it comes down to it do they really matter at all? Let them run their mouths and show them (and everyone else) that we are better than that!

I'm just being extra-congenial tonight...tomorrow I may come back and blast someone right along with you. I understand what you're saying completely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City