Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will LA remian the Capital west of the Mississippi
Yes 38 57.58%
No 28 42.42%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 08:35 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Maybe in the future Seattle will pass SF, but as of right now, I don't think that Seattle will pass SF.
Yeah thats what I was telling CA Scholar, that Seattle area is way to small to even be anywhere close to Bay Area and Southland (Los Angeles).
I know this can go into debates between the Bay Area and Southland right now, but in my opinion, the one that presently contributes more and does more is the winner. Bay Area has given a lot more than Southland, in my opinion. And thats why it is the most important metro in the west. Its economy, culture, history set it apart from Southland.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:51 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Hey who keeps repping me in this thread continuously? I've gotten freakin 19 different reps from this one thread alone in the past hour... whose doing it, and why?

Old 09-25-2010, 08:53 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
Population wise LA will remain the capital, but I consider SF the capital.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:57 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
Hey who keeps repping me in this thread continuously? I've gotten freakin 19 different reps from this one thread alone in the past hour... whose doing it, and why?
I tried to be #20 for sh!+s and giggles, but I have to spread some rep around.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:01 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
Quote:
you can see yours? I can't with mine, it just goes up but I have no idea who sends them. Since the errors have been happening, I can't get any of my stats to work

Old 09-25-2010, 09:09 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
you can see yours? I can't with mine, it just goes up but I have no idea who sends them. Since the errors have been happening, I can't get any of my stats to work

It must be a flaw with CD - I can't for the life of me imagine why yours would go up

Old 09-25-2010, 09:12 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,356,425 times
I don't think it is. People who understand the West Coast there's four major cities / areas: Seattle (which is really Everett-Seattle-Bellevue-Redmond-Tacoma-Olympia); Portland area; San Fransisco area; and then LA and that area.

Though, if someone has never been to the west coast wanted to point out the most famous and thus consider it the "capital" of the west coast, today it woudl likely be LA because of movies and Hollywood.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
It must be a flaw with CD - I can't for the life of me imagine why yours would go up
I am fun I still dunno how you got 700 tho. must be your fellow philly posters reppin your nonsense

Old 09-25-2010, 09:19 PM

2,963 posts, read 5,450,446 times
Quote:
Yeah thats what I was telling CA Scholar, that Seattle area is way to small to even be anywhere close to Bay Area and Southland (Los Angeles).
I know this can go into debates between the Bay Area and Southland right now, but in my opinion, the one that presently contributes more and does more is the winner. Bay Area has given a lot more than Southland, in my opinion. And thats why it is the most important metro in the west. Its economy, culture, history set it apart from Southland.
It shouldn't descend to debate, I agree. The Bay Area is really economically and technologically cutting edge right now. But if you're responding to my post I'd just say that every point addressed contemporary cultural offerings of L.A., not just history. Contemporary art (of course), architecture, literature, music--these are currently robust despite being relatively under-explored by popular media. On these points I think I can argue with specifics that L.A. is--and has actually always been--more...this is not the word I want to use, but..."important" than San Francisco, despite the reversed image of both cities. I just wanted to address some lack of background that often is reflected in the commentary.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
I don't think it is. People who understand the West Coast there's four major cities / areas: Seattle (which is really Everett-Seattle-Bellevue-Redmond-Tacoma-Olympia); Portland area; San Fransisco area; and then LA and that area.

Though, if someone has never been to the west coast wanted to point out the most famous and thus consider it the "capital" of the west coast, today it woudl likely be LA because of movies and Hollywood.
What about the SD area? are you including it in the LA area? I think it is major too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City