Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 11:55 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,109,900 times

Advertisements

Can make it in under 3 routinely during summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 12:02 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,508,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
Can make it in under 3 routinely during summer.
but he's talkign for skiing, while possible, snow in summer in Tahoe is rare.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:04 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,109,900 times
Yea winter is a different story, took my family 14 hours once when I was like 12.

P.S. I hate skiing (well, snow in general) so Lake Tahoe is 23343534 times more enjoyable during the summer for me except for New Years Eve parties in Tahoe.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:54 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,870 times
No one can convince you, we can only offer suggestions. You have to make your own mind up.

Me personally, I've never been to New York before. But I love the East Coast and would prefer to stay here. However San Francisco has better weather and it's got some gorgeous views. I absolutely hate San Francisco politics, but I wouldn't let that stop me from enjoying the place.

I don't know... This is a hard one. If New York had better weather I would pick that. But I'm a sucker for warm weather and beaches so I pick San Francisco.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:07 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
No one can convince you, we can only offer suggestions. You have to make your own mind up.

Me personally, I've never been to New York before. But I love the East Coast and would prefer to stay here. However San Francisco has better weather and it's got some gorgeous views. I absolutely hate San Francisco politics, but I wouldn't let that stop me from enjoying the place.

I don't know... This is a hard one. If New York had better weather I would pick that. But I'm a sucker for warm weather and beaches so I pick San Francisco.
The beaches around NYC are MUCH warmer than the one's around SF during summer. SF's are cold and foggy.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:27 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
The beaches around NYC are MUCH warmer than the one's around SF during summer. SF's are cold and foggy.
Really? I mean I know they're foggy but I didn't know they were colder. Though I have heard the Atlantic Ocean is warmer than the Pacific, but I thought that was only true for Florida?

Old 08-21-2013, 10:32 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Really? I mean I know they're foggy but I didn't know they were colder. Though I have heard the Atlantic Ocean is warmer than the Pacific, but I thought that was only true for Florida?
The ocean in SF is warmer Nov through April than NYC but it's not like it matters much as both are too cold to swim in either way. But the water around NYC is actually swimmable during summer with temps in the 70's, the water around SF never goes above 60. There is virtually no beach scene during summer anywhere in Northern CA during summer except for maybe one or two towns (Santa Cruz).

If you like warm weather and beaches Northern CA is not a good place to look at for anytime of the year. At least NYC has a summer beach scene.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:40 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times
Today the Ocean Temp in NYC is 72 degrees (actually cooler than usual for this time of year as many times its is closer to 80 July/Aug/Sept

In SF today it is 57 degrees (water temp) today - not sure if that is or is not typical for this time of year

Both according to weather.com

Now January/February etc is not beach weather by any means in NYC but there is probably at least 7 decent months with 5 being swimable (say above 65 degrees Mid May to Mid Oct)

Old 08-21-2013, 10:41 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,508,014 times
Quote:

Sf does not have warm weather or swimmable beaches the majority of the year you will need a hoodie at the beach there except some days during an Indian summer brrr

Sf is greener than socal and milder, redwood forests, green rolling hills wineries good hikes etc not a beach place though, but they are scenic

Its basically the border of the typical California look in the southern half of the metro and when ca starts to look more like the PAC nw as you go north up by Russian river or Mendocino

Old 08-21-2013, 11:04 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,712,349 times
Nyc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City