Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
Montreal 163 64.94%
Philadelphia 88 35.06%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 12:52 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,237,207 times

Advertisements

Every city has some sort of grit but one had 28 homicides and the other had 238 in 2014. Philadelphia has so much potential and has made great strides but it still has a not so good reputation. Bad schools, crime and blight to name a few. Crime is dropping thank god. I like both but I'll take Montreal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 02:05 PM

36 posts, read 46,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArabicHabibi View Post
Really?! What does Philadelphia have that Montreal doesn't? Indeed Montreal has bunch of stuff that Philadelphia does not!

Serious question? Okay.

Phillly has a much better climate, suburbs, food, economy, shopping, col, sports scene, arts scene, etc.

Crime rate is the only considerable difference for me and since im American well then I guess Im used to all the crime so it's not a big deal.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:06 PM

72 posts, read 69,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
Whens the last time you were in Philadelphia?
2 years ago. I live 2 hours from Philly. Listen, I like Philadelphia; the city hall is the nicest I've seen. But it does not come as close to Montreal overall.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArabicHabibi View Post
2 years ago. I live 2 hours from Philly. Listen, I like Philadelphia; the city hall is the nicest I've seen. But it does not come as close to Montreal overall.
Sure it does.

City-Data is an opinion based site. Not ****ing gospel.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:09 PM

I'll take cheesesteaks, pizza and tomato pie over poutine any day.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:10 PM

676 posts, read 960,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimetoMoveOutWest View Post
Serious question? Okay.

Phillly has a much better climate, suburbs, food, economy, shopping, col, sports scene, arts scene, etc.

Crime rate is the only considerable difference for me and since im American well then I guess Im used to all the crime so it's not a big deal.
Care to elaborate? Cost of living is definitely lower in Montreal. As for shopping and arts, I'm not so familiar with what Philadelphia has to offer, but I know that Montreal has tons of each.

I think food is too subjective to argue over, though I am willing to bet that cheese steaks in Montreal are better than poutine in Philadelphia

Old 02-11-2015, 02:17 PM

King of Prussia is the largest mall on the East Coast. Philadelphia has a number of big malls. Arts scene is arguably the best in any major city in NA.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:30 PM

676 posts, read 960,577 times
Quote:
King of Prussia is the largest mall on the East Coast. Philadelphia has a number of big malls. Arts scene is arguably the best in any major city in NA.
The Mall of America is the largest mall in the U.S., but nobody argues that the Twin Cities has the best shopping in the country. Montreal has plenty of malls, and plenty of boutiques. Tons of thrift and vintage stores. I'm not saying Philadelphia doesn't have those things, but I'm still not seeing how you can say that shopping in Philly is better than Montreal (besides the fact that prices will be lower in Philadelphia - clothing is expensive in Canada in general).

Why is the Philly arts scene better than the Montreal arts scene? Again, I'm not saying it's not, but it's not clear to my why this is the case. Montreal has tons of museums, concerts, theater, symphony, etc. It's known to have a great music scene.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:36 PM

Philly has more shopping and arts.

Go look for yourself. No time right now to write all this **** down.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:40 PM

2,829 posts, read 3,172,158 times
Quote:
Philly has more shopping and arts.

Go look for yourself. No time right now to write all this **** down.
Montreal has more arts than Philly could ever possibly hope for in the entirety of its existence. Go look for yourself. Oh sorry no time to write all this **** down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City